Transgender Discrimination or Not? - Split out from Sports Field Equality Topic

03 Mar 2021 20:02 #31 by ramage
"The left is very tribal..."

A pun?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2021 06:39 #32 by homeagain
The issue is convoluted,to say the least. On the whole, IF the trans completed the process when they were
a MATURE adult, I am with Martina on this. IF the process was completed BEFORE MATURITY and
testosterone was not fully developed....then I lean towards allowing inclusion.

04 Mar 2021 07:35 #33 by Rick

homeagain wrote: The issue is convoluted,to say the least. On the whole, IF the trans completed the process when they were
a MATURE adult, I am with Martina on this. IF the process was completed BEFORE MATURITY and

I haven't researched the science on this as much as I would like, but I'm guessing that no matter how much someone tries to defy nature, a biological male will more likely have a physical advantage over the same sized biological female. Until I see the science that proves a male can be artificially converted to a female with no physical advantage over other females, it's pretty much the same as allowing some females to take performance enhancing drugs. Just assuming there is no advantage should be unacceptable to all women who compete.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Mar 2021 07:38 #34 by FredHayek
Let's solve the problem by letting men, women, and trans play sports together. See who rises to the top.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Mar 2021 07:53 #35 by ramage
"IF the process was completed BEFORE MATURITY"

Let me put this into non-medical terms:

A young boy has had his testicles cut off.

04 Mar 2021 15:07 #36 by homeagain
transcare.ucsf.edu/article/information-estrogen-hormone-therapy

AGE is an important factor,when the decision is made to be trans......U will find that generic sentence
at the very last of this article....

04 Mar 2021 16:11 #37 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: IF the process was completed BEFORE MATURITY and

In this circumstance I would lean towards jailing the parents.

04 Mar 2021 17:01 #38 by homeagain
The topic is controversial and the level of understanding (by most) is minimal. Let me present it in
this way.

U have a little boy (grandchild,your child)that is 8 yo and for as long as U can remember, the child has
LOVED fashion,dolls,playing dress up and NOT interested in sports,rough housing,or any of the other
activities associated with "boys" THE child keeps saying they hate their body (those things down there)and
is depressed, they do not feel they are in the"right body". THEY TRY TO COMMIT SUICIDE OR THEY
KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW UNHAPPY THEY R. They say they want to be in the right body.....a girl body.

I have seen enough documentaries on this....interviews with the children who are trying to understand
what is wrong with them. IF the parent is open to assistance,finding out thru professionals, what the
"problem"is, THEN a resolution can be found...the child KNOWS inside,who they R,the parent does not.

THE REAL problem is when the child is born with BOTH gender parts and the doctor arbitrarily assigns
gender....it happens alot (again from the interviews).

ULTIMATELY, the child's well being,feeling of wholeness is at stake...enlighten parents will work thru the
issues for a solution, because THEY LOVE THE CHILD AND DO NOT WANT THEM TO COMMITT
SUICIDE.

05 Mar 2021 08:40 #39 by homeagain
www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a27378298...nder-pose-interview/

THIS is"her" story....it is afar better way to attempt an understanding of "trans".....She is talented,beautiful
articulate,and KNOWS that communication is the path to understanding.

05 Mar 2021 08:44 #40 by FredHayek
Have you also read the stories about trans people who later regretted their decisions?
Your teens can be turbulent times, lots of hormones and uncertainty. Surgery and hormone blockers can make radical changes to your body you might later regret.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds