Iowa Caucus Tonight: Predictions?

04 Feb 2020 08:17 #11 by ScienceChic
Stop. Just stop with the conspiracy theories of what Democrats are "trying to do" to Bernie. His supporters showed up last night and got counted, or they didn't. This mess isn't due to some election hack, malicious undermining of any one candidate, or agenda to elevate anyone in particular. Voters showed up and participated, their votes were counted, that counting is being done. When the damn results come out, they'll be verified and can be double-checked because there is a paper trail.

Bloomberg has pledged to keep spending money for whomever the Democratic nominee is, whether himself or not.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Feb 2020 08:40 #12 by Blazer Bob
Wake up!! It was the Russians.:woohoo:

04 Feb 2020 08:44 #13 by Pony Soldier

ScienceChic wrote: Stop. Just stop with the conspiracy theories of what Democrats are "trying to do" to Bernie. His supporters showed up last night and got counted, or they didn't. This mess isn't due to some election hack, malicious undermining of any one candidate, or agenda to elevate anyone in particular. Voters showed up and participated, their votes were counted, that counting is being done. When the damn results come out, they'll be verified and can be double-checked because there is a paper trail.

Bloomberg has pledged to keep spending money for whomever the Democratic nominee is, whether himself or not.

You know that calling something a conspiracy theory in order to attempt to discredit it is right out of Orwell. Perhaps you should consider that before you shout down posters...

04 Feb 2020 09:15 #14 by ScienceChic
LOL, you call that "shouting down" a poster? <rolls eyes> :huh:

Yes, when the media and political pundits (and most importantly the rabid, oft-victimized Bernie supporters) start claiming what a group is trying to do, and discredit all the voters in the process, without any proof, yes, I'm going to call it out as conspiracy theory.

Show me proof that the Democratic Party is trying to ruin Bernie with this caucus, and I'll listen. Being as we don't even have the results, anyone trying to make any statements as to the outcome, and any agenda other than capturing the votes of the citizens of Iowa, is absurd.

You want to blame anyone for this mess, blame Clinton, it's always Hillary's fault. LOL

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Feb 2020 09:19 #15 by Blazer Bob
LOL Show me proof that Trump is a Putin stooge.

ScienceChic wrote: LOL, you call that "shouting down" a poster? <rolls eyes> :huh:

Yes, when the media and political pundits (and most importantly the rabid, oft-victimized Bernie supporters) start claiming what a group is trying to do, and discredit all the voters in the process, without any proof, yes, I'm going to call it out as conspiracy theory.

Show me proof that the Democratic Party is trying to ruin Bernie with this caucus, and I'll listen. Being as we don't even have the results, anyone trying to make any statements as to the outcome, and any agenda other than capturing the votes of the citizens of Iowa, is absurd.

You want to blame anyone for this mess, blame Clinton, it's always Hillary's fault. LOL

04 Feb 2020 09:21 #16 by ramage
“While the app was recording data accurately, it was reporting out only partial data. We have determined that this was due to a coding issue in the reporting system,” party officials said in a Tuesday morning statement." @MauraBarnettNBC

Do you think that one of those coal miners that Biden said could code if they could dig coal, , took him at his word?

04 Feb 2020 10:07 #17 by ScienceChic

Blazer Bob wrote: LOL Show me proof that Trump is a Putin stooge.

His record speaks for itself. He doesn't criticize Putin's actions, he lifted sanctions on Russia giving them back their embassy here, tried to deny aid to an ally who's fighting Russia invasion, accused Ukraine of meddling in our elections and refused to acknowledge it was Russia despite the fact that every intelligence agency and even a bipartisan Congressional report said so, is doing nothing to increase the security of our upcoming elections, and pulled back from Syria allowing Russia to expand their influence in the ME as well.

There are over a dozen investigations still in progress all stemming from the Special Counsel's investigation, and prior counterintelligence and IRS investigations. Since we can't get him impeached and removed from office, none of those indictments will be unsealed until he's removed by vote or term limit.

04 Feb 2020 10:25 #18 by FredHayek
Strangely the Republican Iowa caucus with more voters didn't have these issues. Did the same people who developed this app also develop the ACA website?

Nate Silver says turnout was down on the Democrat side. Possibly being due to poor choices, distraction from the impeachment process, or Democrats are declining in Iowa.

Republican turnout was very high, which is surprising since it is pretty much a one man race. Why bother wasting an evening supporting a candidate who is effectively unopposed.

Some Democrats are condemning Iowa and the caucus model itself for the debacle last night and want to strip the caucus from Iowa to a more multiethnic state. I disagree. Whites had no problem supporting Candidate Obama a decade ago. And the nice thing about Iowa is that cash poor candidates can still compete here. The media markets are cheaper and there are fewer of them. If the Democrats made California their first primary state, only billionaires and/or high profile California politicians would win.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Feb 2020 10:38 #19 by homeagain
It is apparent that the established "system" needs a redo....that IOWA is being questioned,as is the entire procedure.

LET ME VERY CLEAR.....the fault for this FUBAR is the company contracted for the app. NO
END TO END TESTING BEFORE BRINGING ON LINE.....who the F---K DOES THAT? NO
apps available for users tests BEFORE the critical date...REPORTS coming in of problems
and THOSE reports NOT brought to the attention of the IT dept.....WTF...stupidity is rampant

04 Feb 2020 10:48 #20 by Blazer Bob

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds