VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEMOCRAT CANDIDATES.

04 Mar 2020 12:01 #1 by ramage
I thought it necessary to create this thread because it is of paramount importance in light of what has happened in the democrat primaries.
Biden the current front runner: 77 y.o male (78 in 11/20) has had 2 cerebral aneurysms.
Sanders, the contender: 78 y.o. male suffered a recent heart attack.
Both have underlying co-morbidities.

Life expectancy of a male in the USA, 76.3 yrs.

Who wouldn't want to be the V-P candidate.
I'll open the discussion with my opinion. Michele Obama.
What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2020 12:12 #2 by homeagain
EXCELLENT question/topic.
I'd have to take a time out to contemplate the candidates/ considerations....first out of the
gate , I do not think MICHELLE would even consider it...which is unfortunate.

04 Mar 2020 12:18 #3 by HEARTLESS
The DNC can't stand Bernie, so a Biden push with Michael, I mean Michele makes sense.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Mar 2020 19:00 #4 by ScienceChic
As much as I adore Michelle Obama, she's not going to be the pick. She's stated in no uncertain terms that she has no interest in political office, Biden's stated he wants someone younger who is ready to take on the role of President from Day 1 (she has no experience in government that I know of), and there are a lot more strategic choices out there. I think he should focus on someone from flyover country or a swing state myself.

Ones I've seen floated as possibilities by others, not Biden's campaign, include:
Pete Buttigieg
Amy Klobuchar
Senator Catherine Cortez Masto
Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer
Kamala Harris
Stacy Abrams

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

04 Mar 2020 19:15 - 04 Mar 2020 19:16 #5 by Rick
Why not Hillary? After all, her win was stolen because of $100,000 worth of Russian Facebook ads and the Democrat establishment has proven over and over that it isn't interested in new ideas, they are interested in those willing to walk their line, obediently. If these people pulling the strings wanted someone more fresh and not radical they would have gotten behind someone like Klobachar when it became obvious that Biden was starting to lose his mind. Clinton has the experience, she has all the connections, and it's finally her turn. She's no Obama, but she would be pretty good at getting more black voters to the polls, especially if she pulled out that southern black accent again.

If Biden was to win, there's no way in hell he'd be able to run for a second term, let alone do the job if he won. The pick will be a woman, 100%... better let someone other than Biden pick though, he may get confused again and pick his sister.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Mar 2020 19:59 #6 by Pony Soldier
Amy will be the VP pick (already worked out in back room deals) and Pete will be SoS. Of course none of that will ever happen because Biden can't win against Trump. He can't put 3 sentences together without screwing it up. Trump can ad lib for hours. The debates will be a slaughter. Biden also has some investigations that are still ongoing regarding Burisma and Shoikin.

05 Mar 2020 06:31 #7 by Rick

Pony Soldier wrote: Amy will be the VP pick (already worked out in back room deals) and Pete will be SoS. Of course none of that will ever happen because Biden can't win against Trump. He can't put 3 sentences together without screwing it up. Trump can ad lib for hours. The debates will be a slaughter. Biden also has some investigations that are still ongoing regarding Burisma and Shoikin.

Yo're probably right about Amy, she dropped out at a very weird time and had to let down her supporters who thought she was a fighter. As for the investigations that should happen, the media will be mostly silent so the uninformed masses can't get a glimpse at reality. I agree Biden will be destroyed in the debates and there's no amount of coaching that can renew damaged brain cells.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Mar 2020 07:13 #8 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Amy will be the VP pick (already worked out in back room deals) and Pete will be SoS. Of course none of that will ever happen because Biden can't win against Trump. He can't put 3 sentences together without screwing it up. Trump can ad lib for hours. The debates will be a slaughter. Biden also has some investigations that are still ongoing regarding Burisma and Shoikin.

bolded......THERE lies the problem, the appropriate word is LIE FOR HOURS.

08 Mar 2020 10:46 #9 by ramage
It is reported that Kamala Harris has endorsed Biden. Do you think that she is too late to the dance for the VP nomination?
Person of Color, Woman, not of Medicare age, may be helpful?

08 Mar 2020 11:05 #10 by homeagain
THAT was my immediate thought,hits all the right buttons.....SAVES senile Biden....much to the chagrin of the collective who follow the king.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds