VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEMOCRAT CANDIDATES.

27 May 2020 08:30 #21 by ScienceChic
Stacy Abrams should not be the VP pick, and the number of news stories on her at the moment that are keeping her front-and-center is suspicious (campaigning via media is a piss-poor way to lobby for oneself, and what is the motive behind those publishing those stories in promoting a frankly unqualified candidate?). Should Biden pick her, he would lose. Not because she's black but because she hasn't won an election of her own, she is lacking the experience to do the job of VP, and she's divisive/polarizing without being energizing.

We desperately need someone with some foreign policy experience after 4 disastrous years of harming our relationships with our allies and wrecking our standing in the world. Biden's choice had better be someone who can fill that role.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 May 2020 15:01 #22 by homeagain
While I understand your concerns, didn't we do EXACTLY that when TRUMP RAN....what does that tell us about the underlying problems this country has? Nikki Halley would be the person who could smooth the
serious international issue....and COULD collect the POTUS POSITION if needed....jmo

27 May 2020 16:04 #23 by Pony Soldier
Nikki Haley as Biden’s running mate? Are you mad? She despises Biden ... or at least mocks him constantly on Twitter.

27 May 2020 18:12 #24 by ScienceChic
Nikki Haley the Trump sycophant who's alleged to have cheated on her husband more than once? That's an emphatic no to her.

Nikki Haley's resignation comes one day after an ethics watchdog requested an investigation into her acceptance of free flights on private jets
Allan Smith, Business Insider | Oct 9, 2018

Nikki Haley attacks damning UN report on US poverty under Trump
Ed Pilkington, The Guardian | 21 Jun 2018 16.39 EDT

The Abasement of Nikki Haley
Daniel Larison, The American Conservative | November 12, 2019

Nikki Haley: Trump’s Baghdad Bob
Harry J. Kazianis, The American Conservative | October 10, 2018

Nikki Haley Has Decided That Trumpism Is the Future
By Jeet Heer, The Nation | Nov ember 11, 2019

Nikki Haley Sent Classified Emails on an Unclassified Email System
AmericanOversight.org | November 21, 2019

US quits UN human rights council – 'a cesspool of political bias'
Julian Borger, The Guardian | 19 Jun 2018

Scandal Rattles Politics in South Carolina, Again
By Shaila Dewan, NY Times | May 25, 2010

Tea Party sex scandal: 4 theories on the Nikki Haley affair
The Week Staff | May 27, 2010

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 May 2020 19:48 #25 by ramage
Wow! I don't have a dog in this fight. Perhaps a cat would be better.

"who's alleged to have cheated on her husband more than once? "

There you go, that's it , any allegation against a woman regarding sex is is disqualifying mark against her. All the citations that followed have nothing to do with the above statement. Until you get to the last 2 which again are unsubstantiated. Time to get out of the dirt, SC.
Reminds me of a nurse who commented on 2 other women arguing , she said "friendship among women is a mere cessation of hostilities". She said this in French, which I did not understand so that was her translation.

27 May 2020 20:15 #26 by ScienceChic
Interesting that you should focus on that half of what I said ramage, and somehow twist it into a "cat fight." I called her a Trump sycophant first and provided evidence to back that up. I then said she allegedly had affairs and provided news stories that covered it, in the order in which I stated my objections to her so it followed a logical progression. I provided the links for everyone else to read and decide for themselves if they agree or not.

For the record, I've called out Trump's affairs more than once and have said Bill Clinton is a womanizing pig. It doesn't matter what their gender, anyone who's cheated on their spouse is untrustworthy and loses my complete respect. Do you think I should have a double standard for women, and say it's okay that she supposedly cheated? Rather than discuss Haley's qualifications (or lack thereof), focus on the news provided, or refute it with your own evidence or counter-argument, you go after me instead and try to make it out as if it's a woman-hating thing. :whistle: Whatever.

27 May 2020 21:25 #27 by Pony Soldier
Haley strikes me as an opportunist. I didn’t think much of her governorship in SC, but she was at least better than the empty suit we have now.

28 May 2020 07:35 #28 by FredHayek
Nikki is a minority woman who has foreign affairs experience. Checks off a lot of boxes for a Biden VP candidate. Plus she is more moderate than Trump but still a tough negotiator. And it would make a bipartisan ticket that would do a good job capturing moderate voters plus Never Trumpers in the Republican Party.
Susan Powers would fill the same boxes and since she is less well known, she wouldn't outshine Joe Biden himself.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 May 2020 07:46 #29 by ramage
Please, SC, you use the word, alleged, to qualify your comment. After reading the two references cited, the both agree that there is no factual evidence. This alleged affair, in the words of the accuser was "inappropriate physical relationship".
Will Folks, the accuser, never said more than that, yet you choose to paint Haley with the smear "cheated on her husband" because of that uncorroborated statement.

28 May 2020 08:02 #30 by homeagain
Halley has aspirations of BIGGER things....being a bipartisan player on the Biden team, she could easily
step into the role,IF an unfortunate incident occurred. I am convoluted about her....BUT,she is shrew,has the
ability to survey the landscape and negotiate with the necessary skills.....we NEED to repair our foreign
friendships and build some bridges.

The obligatory throwing dirt to outdo an opponent is just business as usual.... in politics,not right,but I don't
see anyone taking the high road.

Time to create page: 0.313 seconds