ANDREW CUOMO FOR PRESIDENT

21 Mar 2020 09:45 #1 by homeagain
WHAT I expect from my President......information in a timely manner, ACTION NOT WORDS,GRACE, solid stance and integrity....a game plan that is well thought out and executed to the best of ability. New York is in GOOD HANDS..how extraordinary is that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Mar 2020 07:51 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ANDREW CUOMO FOR PRESIDENT
From realclearpolitics.com 3/18/20
"At its most severe, coronavirus attacks the lungs, making it impossible to breathe without a ventilator. Landing in the hospital on a ventilator is bad. But worse is being told you can't have one. After learning that the state's stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.
That task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have the highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst) depending on a "triage officer's" decision. In truth, a death officer. Let's not sugarcoat it. It won't be up to your own doctor."

22 Mar 2020 07:56 #3 by Pony Soldier
Why was it up to the governor to purchase ventilators? That should have been something that healthcare providers took care of. WTF??

22 Mar 2020 08:32 #4 by ramage
As the article indicates the states (in this case New York) stockpiles medical supplies that it feels are necessary to deal with medical needs in the situation of catastrophe.

22 Mar 2020 08:38 #5 by Pony Soldier
Yeah, I got that, but if that is the case, it should come in the form of a mandated cost of doing business for the medical providers, not something the government has to buy. This is just another case of the damned government getting in the way and screwing things up.

22 Mar 2020 09:29 #6 by homeagain

ramage wrote: From realclearpolitics.com 3/18/20
"At its most severe, coronavirus attacks the lungs, making it impossible to breathe without a ventilator. Landing in the hospital on a ventilator is bad. But worse is being told you can't have one. After learning that the state's stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to a fork in the road in 2015. He could have chosen to buy more ventilators. Instead, he asked his health commissioner, Howard Zucker to assemble a task force and draft rules for rationing the ventilators they already had.
That task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have the highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst) depending on a "triage officer's" decision. In truth, a death officer. Let's not sugarcoat it. It won't be up to your own doctor."

[/b]

BECAUSE of the king's lack of skill set.....THIS will be the future of fatally ill patients.....NOW
It was always going to be the outcome when the king stated'' just the flu, i have a hunch it
will be over soon, nothing to worry about...we got this"......I am a realist....what do U think
happened in China and NOW Italy....doctors have to make these dire decisions everyday....
NOW it is a pandemic and that has escalated the unthinkable and ugly TRUTH.....I,for one,
at 73....have a DNR/DNI order....even If I did not have that in place, I would give a 20 y.o. the
equipment and I would initiate my LEGAL right for Medical Aid in Dying.....as for Cumo....
he is STRAIGHT UP, AND ACTIONS NOT WORDS ARE HIS M.O.

22 Mar 2020 11:53 #7 by ramage
BECAUSE of the king's lack of skill set.....THIS will be the future of fatally ill patients.....NOW

that's quite a jump from Cuomo's decision in 2015 to not purchase the ventilators. How do you blame that on President Trump?

22 Mar 2020 11:58 #8 by koobookie

ramage wrote: BECAUSE of the king's lack of skill set.....THIS will be the future of fatally ill patients.....NOW

that's quite a jump from Cuomo's decision in 2015 to not purchase the ventilators. How do you blame that on President Trump?

Trump has been in office for how many years? Who downsized the pandemic response team? Who ignored the warnings that this virus was coming?

Where does the buck stop? Oh, yeah - "No, I don't take responsibility at all."

22 Mar 2020 13:23 #9 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: BECAUSE of the king's lack of skill set.....THIS will be the future of fatally ill patients.....NOW

Trump has been in office for how many years? Who downsized the pandemic response team? Who ignored the warnings that this virus was coming?

He didn't downsize the pandemic response team, he didn't decrease the budget for CDC. You have got to stop trusting the deceptive media. The pandemic response team was put under a different organization and the CDC had their budget increased.
You have to stop believing a media that has been attacking the administration for three straight years.
The budget for CDC is agreed to by the POTUS, the Senate, and the House, under Nancy Pelosi. Please read up on the budget process Kookbookie. You keep exposing your ignorance.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

22 Mar 2020 14:38 #10 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

koobookie wrote:

He didn't downsize the pandemic response team, he didn't decrease the budget for CDC. You have got to stop trusting the deceptive media. The pandemic response team was put under a different organization and the CDC had their budget increased.
You have to stop believing a media that has been attacking the administration for three straight years.
The budget for CDC is agreed to by the POTUS, the Senate, and the House, under Nancy Pelosi. Please read up on the budget process Kookbookie. You keep exposing your ignorance.

HERE'S THE TRUTH....HE ATTEMPTED TO DO SO....HE WAS OVER RULED BY OTHERS
WHO HAD A MORE CONCISE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WAS NEEDED.....i have done my homework....do yours.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds