ANDREW CUOMO FOR PRESIDENT

29 Mar 2020 08:56 #51 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Wow. You are fine with abandoning Americans at sea? Refusing to let them go back home?
Sounds pretty heartless. The lack of early tests? That was a problem, CDC screwed up. This is government, it happens. But I think leaving Americans stranded at sea is just not something we do.

Where did SC say we should abandon ship passengers at sea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Mar 2020 14:48 #52 by ScienceChic

FredHayek wrote: Wow. You are fine with abandoning Americans at sea? Refusing to let them go back home?
Sounds pretty heartless. The lack of early tests? That was a problem, CDC screwed up. This is government, it happens. But I think leaving Americans stranded at sea is just not something we do.

FH, we've been conversing on these boards for a decade now, and I think this is the first time I've ever seen you put words in my mouth assuming what I think should've been done and then feigning fake outrage based on that assumption. :angry: Is this what we're reduced to now, that we can't have a conversation based on what was actually said?

If you had asked what I thought should've been done, I would've said that every American should've been brought home in isolated flights under quarantine, not on a chartered flight with unsuspecting other passengers, and then tested and/or held in quarantine until they were negative or past the quarantine period. There are still Americans stranded abroad, and I hope that everything is being done to help them get home.

Do you think it was alright for Trump to try to leave the passengers of the cruise ship off of the coast of California so "they wouldn't count in our infected totals" (his words, not mine)?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Mar 2020 12:59 #53 by FredHayek
:( Sorry I misread your post. I have seen Florida politicians wanting to deny access to the infected ship and I just think that is wrong to abandon Americans at sea. Florida's health system is stressed but I think they can handle a few hundred more passengers.
And I agree with you. It was a bad idea to fly back the infected and non-infected on the same plane. This is new to people and lots of mistakes are being made. My wife was just at Kaiser the other day picking up a prescription and the people at the front door had thrown HIPPA out the window! They were demanding people say what disease they were there for in front of others.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Apr 2020 12:12 #54 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ANDREW CUOMO FOR PRESIDENT
Cuomo said today at his daily briefing that New York City (actually he said New York) is a microcosm of the entire nation.
Congratulations to the MMT community you are now the equivalent of NYC. I would love it if he had meant the state of New York. We have a lot more in common with the denizens of Lake Placid, N.Y. (Essex County), than Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island.

02 Apr 2020 13:14 #55 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Cuomo said today at his daily briefing that New York City (actually he said New York) is a microcosm of the entire nation.
Congratulations to the MMT community you are now the equivalent of NYC. I would love it if he had meant the state of New York. We have a lot more in common with the denizens of Lake Placid, N.Y. (Essex County), than Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, Manhattan and Staten Island.

WHAT makes U think FLORIDA isn't the equivalent...(.the Mayor,who is a faithful follower of Trump) who ALLOWED BEACHES TO REMAIN OPEN DURING SPRING BREAK.....will be the next TRAIN OF REFRIGERATED TRUCKS....loading lifeless bodies into a "morgue"...get a friggin clue....seriously fucked up.....

02 Apr 2020 13:23 #56 by homeagain
www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/g...atic-people-n1174976

HERE'S ANOTHER IDIOT.......really sharp Republican who has obviously been under a rock OR
has a comprehension level of a child.....and he runs a state.....:flagwave: SAVE your indignation
for some one else.....I call them as I see them.....

02 Apr 2020 13:32 #57 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic ANDREW CUOMO FOR PRESIDENT
WHAT makes U think FLORIDA isn't the equivalent...(.the Mayor,who is a faithful follower of Trump) who ALLOWED BEACHES TO REMAIN OPEN DURING SPRING BREAK.....will be the next TRAIN OF REFRIGERATED TRUCKS....loading lifeless bodies into a "morgue"...get a friggin clue....seriously fucked up.....

How is this related to my post, which, I assume you were referencing?

02 Apr 2020 13:52 #58 by FredHayek
Was it just me or did anyone else notice Andrew Cuomo's nipple piercings through his polo shirt?
Nice to find something humorous during a CV press conference.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Apr 2020 18:12 #59 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Cuomo said today at his daily briefing that New York City (actually he said New York) is a microcosm of the entire nation.

I thought it was inane and showed a level of childishness that wasn't cute.

03 Apr 2020 09:12 #60 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic ANDREW CUOMO FOR PRESIDENT

FredHayek wrote: Was it just me or did anyone else notice Andrew Cuomo's nipple piercings through his polo shirt?
Nice to find something humorous during a CV press conference.

In one home interview, if you looked closely in the background you can clearly see a small whip and a ball gag.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds