THE NEW WUHAN

24 Mar 2020 13:40 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic THE NEW WUHAN

koobookie wrote: I love how conservatives keep throwing out Trump's decision to shut down travel from China, as if that was the greatest feat of prevention ever devised by a human.

This has been circulating around for a while:

These are the President's own words.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: "THIS IS THEIR (the Democratic Party's) NEW HOAX!!!

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 13: "I take no responsibility."

March 16: "This is an extremely serious crisis and we are close to a recession that can go until July and maybe August"

March 17: “This is a pandemic.I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

OBVIOUSLY,you have not been attentive enough to truly observe the king's words...thru the
last several months.....STRIKINGLY STUPID STATEMENTS....review them in their entirety and
then tell me the king has complete comprehension of the situation and is NOT exhibiting a
mental issue....you can't....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Mar 2020 13:46 #12 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic THE NEW WUHAN
I apologize for being snarky, but it's so frustrating to have people on this site post assertions without backing them up with facts. Is it so hard to say "According to (link to source) this happened and this person said this?"

If you don't do that, then what you are posting is essentially gossip and hearsay.

24 Mar 2020 14:25 #13 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic THE NEW WUHAN
Yeah, I've been a bit more than snarky on here today. I'm feeling a lot of frustration as well..

I did have to notice after your post though that your original post contained no link....

okay done with snark :oregonwine: :drunkensere

24 Mar 2020 14:26 #14 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic THE NEW WUHAN
"It is just typical Trump. He says whatever captivated him last from his right wing enablers. They have been complaining about the economic shutdown for days,. Fortunately, most of the quarantine decisions are in the hands of the Governors, who listen to the scientists."

If what you say is true, Cuomo would not be instituting the use of Chloroquine Phosphate in the treatment of Wuhan Virus.

24 Mar 2020 14:28 #15 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic THE NEW WUHAN
I sure as heck hope Cuomo isn't doing that! Hydoroxychloroquine is the drug in question - chloroquine phosphate is aquarium cleaner...

24 Mar 2020 15:21 #16 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic THE NEW WUHAN
Please understand that the aquarium cleaning fluid had chloroquine phosphate as an ingredient. The winners of the Darwin award didn't read, or bother with the other chemicals that were in the cleaner.
I would refer you to WebMD.com
Chloroquine Phosphate
COMMON BRAND(S): Aralen
How to use Chloroquine Phosphate

Take this medication by mouth, usually with food to prevent stomach upset, exactly as directed by your doctor. Daily or weekly dosing, dosage amount, and length of treatment are based on your medical condition, on whether you are preventing or treating the illness, and your response to treatment. The dosage in children is also based on weight.
To prevent malaria, take chloroquine once weekly on the same day each week, or as directed by your doctor. Start this medication usually 1 to 2 weeks before you enter the malarious area, continue to take it weekly while in the area, and weekly for 4 to 8 weeks after leaving the area, or as directed by your doctor. Mark your calendar or travel schedule with a reminder to help you remember.

Often laymen refer to a drug by only one of it's chemical names,

24 Mar 2020 16:21 #17 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic THE NEW WUHAN
So New York is the hot spot, and the self important of that state now wish to escape and spread the virus nationally. Maybe like Hollywood has portrayed, isolate and nuke. :angry:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

25 Mar 2020 08:59 #18 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic THE NEW WUHAN

HEARTLESS wrote: So New York is the hot spot, and the self important of that state now wish to escape and spread the virus nationally. Maybe like Hollywood has portrayed, isolate and nuke. :angry:

I can feel for both sides on this. I know a woman who lives in NYC, she gave birth a couple months ago. She really wants to move out of town but her job is a very New York thing, "UN" NGO stuff.

I wonder if after this, you will see a societal move away from urbanization. People just putting a lot more contact between each other, less hugs and handshakes.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Mar 2020 10:04 #19 by homeagain
I think what U will see is this.....a TOTAL realignment of reality....because a bad as this will get,there will be more factors to face....we forgot how 9/11 impacted our "perfect picture of
prosperity".....life forever changed, in ways that swept away our innocents (ignorance).

30 Mar 2020 15:42 #20 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: I'm TRYING to understand the timing.....we are at a mass critical point RIGHT NOW for the next several weeks....perhaps erroring on the side of caution and WAITING till end of April approx.
might be a better timeline.....since the king was at least that long in acknowledging the crisis....MY
take is he can NOT TOLERATE the tanking of the dow...since that is all he can speak about.

INTENSE conversations with the experts.....the ONLY reason we are not having EASTER
services for the masses......my question....the next two weeks means ALL STATES WILL
HAVE HIT THEIR PEAK? I THOUGHT it was a rolling scenario,if that is true, then the next weeks will NOT see the peak,but rather the peak will be much later....for ALL STATES, correct me if I am wrong.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds