Black Lives Don't Matter

22 Jun 2020 19:03 - 22 Jun 2020 19:09 #1 by Rick
Haha, made you look.

Of course black lives matter, but I can no longer say that all lives matter lest I be labelled insensitive.

But it's painfully obvious that black lives really don't matter if a black life isn't taken by a white cop. This last weekend 104 people were shot and 14 were killed in Chicago, including an innocent 3 year old black boy. I think the count was around 85 the weekend before.

No protests, no outrage by the worthless media (except for some on Fox), and no black "leaders" like Al Sharpton demanding change. How many names of these victims will we hear? None I'm guessing.

How many bodies will it take, hundreds, thousands, is there ever going to be a point where these protesters see a bigger problem that nobody on the left wants to talk about?

On a brighter note, white guilt sign holders on the corner of Kipling and Colfax have finally done enough sign holding to make themselves feel better. I'm sure their diligent efforts produced great benefits for all black Americans... Good Work!!

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2020 06:29 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Black Lives Don't Matter
The bigger picture is this.....outrage and hopelessness are on going factors,always has been. In drastic times, drastic measures are ALWAYS the fall back position. Legal or illegal,the end result is the same,RAGE
will manifest in violence.

23 Jun 2020 08:56 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Black Lives Don't Matter
Agree. Everyone wants the world to focus on the deaths of African Americans killed by police. This is a problem, but they don't want to publicize that many more African Americans are killed by drugs, homicide, and Coronavirus. The police are now backing off in these communities so expect the homicide and drug deaths to increase even more.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jun 2020 13:07 #4 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic Black Lives Don't Matter
Actually your title was apt for the thread.. A morass of bigotry and racism, conscious and unconscious. Thanks for some attempts at balance, Home Again.

26 Jun 2020 18:12 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Black Lives Don't Matter

hillfarmer wrote: Actually your title was apt for the thread.. A morass of bigotry and racism, conscious and unconscious. Thanks for some attempts at balance, Home Again.

Do you understand the point I'm making? If not, I'll say it in a different way.

We had 8 years of the first black president and he was free to focus on any of the problems that have plagued many African American communities, especially those in high crime rate areas governed by Democrats for decades. If Obama felt that black lives mattered, wouldn't he have focused on the dozens killed by other blacks every single week? Wouldn't he have focused on the huge problem of absent fathers that make raising black children much more difficult for the single mothers (around 75% up from about 6% in the 60's). He did nothing, absolutely nothing of real substance that would help African Americans come out of this death spiral.

Trump comes along and energizes the private sector lowering black unemployment to record levels then pushes for and gets real criminal justice reform that released thousands of black Americans from jail. If Trump is a racist, he's the most inept racist ever. Watch how many black Americans vote for him in November then try to come up with some term that describes these people who have gotten nothing from Democrats for decades other than promises, nothing that would help them break free from government dependency.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

27 Jun 2020 09:36 #6 by homeagain
I think U are neglecting facts or ignoring them....quote after quote after interview after interview...it is PAINFULLY obvious RACISM is rampant in the king's realm of being.

I do NOT have the time or the inclination to research and posts links that back up that statement. The community of colored people (brown,beige,black) are VERY aware of who has their back...(no one). THAT
is why they have STOOD UP and stated NO MORE.

27 Jun 2020 10:12 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Black Lives Don't Matter

homeagain wrote: I think U are neglecting facts or ignoring them....quote after quote after interview after interview...it is PAINFULLY obvious RACISM is rampant in the king's realm of being.

I do NOT have the time or the inclination to research and posts links that back up that statement. The community of colored people (brown,beige,black) are VERY aware of who has their back...(no one). THAT

Democrats like Joe Biden have had since the 1970's to tackle these problem of race in America. Do you think they have accomplished anything? Is it better now than then? President Trump has been in office less than one term and you want to make it all about him. Did President Obama make it better or worse? What specific things did Donald do that made it worse? Remember, these police forces are controlled by Democrat mayors and police chiefs. Why do they permit this brutality to happen in their cities? Even look at Denver which hasn't had a Republican mayor in 40 years. Why does the Sheriff's Department continue to kill and abuse their prisoners.
It is very myopic to blame it all on your "king". He isn't a dictator.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jun 2020 13:59 #8 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

homeagain wrote: I think U are neglecting facts or ignoring them....quote after quote after interview after interview...it is PAINFULLY obvious RACISM is rampant in the king's realm of being.

Democrats like Joe Biden have had since the 1970's to tackle these problem of race in America. Do you think they have accomplished anything? Is it better now than then? President Trump has been in office less than one term and you want to make it all about him. Did President Obama make it better or worse? What specific things did Donald do that made it worse? Remember, these police forces are controlled by Democrat mayors and police chiefs. Why do they permit this brutality to happen in their cities? Even look at Denver which hasn't had a Republican mayor in 40 years. Why does the Sheriff's Department continue to kill and abuse their prisoners.
It is very myopic to blame it all on your "king". He isn't a dictator.

[/b]

NJMO...The M.O. is blatant.....he believes himself above the law and just as a crime boss EXPECTS,NO DEMANDS loyalty...so does the king...My utter bewilderment is that the collective has convinced themselves he is bringing this nation together and has done so splendidly..

27 Jun 2020 16:21 #9 by Pony Soldier
You make these broad sweeping statements but never back them up. That amounts to an opinion and mine differs from yours drastically.

27 Jun 2020 16:33 #10 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: You make these broad sweeping statements but never back them up. That amounts to an opinion and mine differs from yours drastically.

THAT,my fellow poster, is simply not valid and U know it. An EXPECTED reaction is simply not going to happen....link after credible link has been provided for MANY MONTHS...try ANOTHER attempt to put it
all on me.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds