Black Lives Don't Matter

29 Jun 2020 06:56 #21 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Black Lives Don't Matter

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:
IF U are going to expound upon this subject,do so in it's TOTALITY.....IF U ARE NOT WHITE,,STRAIGHT
UPPER MIDDLE CLASS...this nation has NO room for U....SPECIFICALLY RIGHT NOW, but that
has always been a reoccurring theme.

So you're grouping all white, straight, middle class human beings into the same basket, as if that group all thinks the same and none are hated by others[/b] because of who they are? That's not how I think and or fit into that group. I grew up in a trailer park till I was 5, my father was murdered when I was 7 and my mom took the life insurance and blew it so my sister and I didn't have jack sh$t and we both worked our butts off and paid for our own college.

Sorry Home, but what you stated is offensive to me as an American who believes ALL people should be judged as individuals and not by groups labelled by others who don't understand Dr. King's message. I know that if you really think about that last statement you'll have to agree that you don't even know .001% of that population you just made a blanket statement about. I hope so anyway.

I am SORRY that U have missed the poignant point to this post.....here is an example

www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-c...d-everyone-else-idUS

CLICK ON CASH CLIFF.....U will find the article if it does not appear.

YOUR childhood portrays a picture of some people of color....NOW, imagine how much MORE difficult
your life would have been IF your skin was NOT white....THAT was the point....the WHOLE of this discussion is centered into the core of INEQUALITY. Opportunity, doors opening,just to step inside.....
THOSE things are ACCESSIBLE....Now, if U happened to be Trans,openly gay(not flaming),OR your
skin a color other than white.....it is a different struggle...THIS administration has demonstrated a profound
fondness for white privilege, and the RECENT SCOTUS decision against discrimination (for civil rights)
PROVES that the king has a proclivity of discrimination towards minorities. (WELL DOCUMENTED AND
WELL PROSECUTED IN COURT WHEN HE WAS NOT PRESIDENT)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2020 10:53 #22 by Pony Soldier
Lumping minorities into groups and trying to tell them how they are victims is how the democrat party keeps control over them. I wonder how many are getting tired of being told how they've been victimized.... I know a few that are.

29 Jun 2020 11:43 #23 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Lumping minorities into groups and trying to tell them how they are victims is how the democrat party keeps control over them. I wonder how many are getting tired of being told how they've been victimized.... I know a few that are.

I DON'T THINK SO.......cast of Pose, a TRULY terrific show....all trans or gay cast....showing U the REAL
other world that is NOT white.

THE CATEGORY IS.....REVOLUTION....this show produced,directed,written by trans or gay individuals..
has won awards....entertaining ,enlightening AND educational.

29 Jun 2020 12:50 #24 by Pony Soldier
Seems a bit out of touch to post something like that, but go ahead.... Hopefully, one day, I will get an actual response out of you instead of some BS video or article that has nothing to do with the topic.

29 Jun 2020 13:00 #25 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Seems a bit out of touch to post something like that, but go ahead.... Hopefully, one day, I will get an actual response out of you instead of some BS video or article that has nothing to do with the topic.

THAT comment seems out of touch,since the topic is INEQUALITY (in all forms)....EVERYTHING to do
with the topic...IF U are black and gay/trans...the above post reflects HOW uninformed the nation is.

29 Jun 2020 13:50 #26 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2020/06/29/kindness-yoga...aa&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

CLOSE to home....the subject right at your doorstep. A series of misunderstandings, a mindset that was
unaware and a business brought down by social media because mgmt. was all white. X out of pop up
to bring up article.

29 Jun 2020 14:01 #27 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Black Lives Don't Matter
California recently passed legislation to make it legal to grant certain races and genders more rights than others.
Do they think African Americans can't compete against Asian and Caucasians unless they get special priveliges?
Do they think females can't compete against males unless given special rights?

Asian Americans recently sued because they had to get better test scores than other Americans to get in the best colleges. Is that fair to them?

The Supreme Court will have some interesting decisions coming up in the next decade.

Some colleges are trying to get around this by no longer using SAT and ACT test scores for admission.
That might come back to bite them. Hard to determine who is the better student when school districts can be so different.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Jun 2020 14:16 #28 by Pony Soldier
I personally don’t consider minority status achieved by anyone who can get there by stating “I identify as...”.

29 Jun 2020 15:22 #29 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: I personally don’t consider minority status achieved by anyone who can get there by stating “I identify as...”.

Research gender fluidity ......

The category is awareness....the two main characters in Pose r being interviewed.....they are trans.

29 Jun 2020 18:50 #30 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Black Lives Don't Matter

homeagain wrote: YOUR childhood portrays a picture of some people of color....NOW, imagine how much MORE difficult
your life would have been IF your skin was NOT white....THAT was the point....the WHOLE of this discussion is centered into the core of INEQUALITY. Opportunity, doors opening,just to step inside.....
THOSE things are ACCESSIBLE....Now, if U happened to be Trans,openly gay(not flaming),OR your
skin a color other than white.....it is a different struggle...

You're doing it again, you can't seem to help yourself but I'm starting to understand the mentality. YOU DO NOT KNOW MY LIFE, PERIOD!! You have no idea where I've been or how I struggled. You also have no clue how 99.99% of black people have lived or struggled. You get your limited info from biased sources who play this same game of acting like it's still the 50's. Not all black people have struggled and not all white people skipped through life with "privilege". All this new uproar is doing is creating more division, not less, and it was started under Obama.

You're free to believe whatever you want, but please don't try to put me in some kind of privileged box. Would it help if I grew up in a black neighborhood and got my ass kicked often for being white? Those people also exist, even though they don't fit into your box. Judge people by their individual character and individual life experiences and you'll be a much better person... as you like to say NJMO.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds