Defend the policies you'll be voting for, not the man.

12 Aug 2020 11:02 #31 by homeagain
With that answer, I am ELATED I am 73,have no children and I won't be around (hopefully),THAT mindset
is seriously flawed.

Scientific proof, wildfires generate THEIR OWN weather, exacerbating the problem.Since we are encountering enormous generation of the number of wildfires, since we are stripping earth of 1,000
acres of trees and clear cutting the land,since we are encountering consistent HIGHER TEMPS over
an extended period of time,since we have seen water become MORE scarce...ALL THINGS SUFFER..
how long till we are at a point of dire consequences....starvation (crops failing) because of no water,oceans
unable to recoup nutrients.. sea life die off...I am geriatric,BUT the remaining population will live thru a
difficult and decidedly different lifestyle....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2020 14:28 #32 by HEARTLESS

homeagain wrote: With that answer, I am ELATED I am 73,have no children and I won't be around (hopefully),THAT mindset
is seriously flawed.

Scientific proof, wildfires generate THEIR OWN weather, exacerbating the problem.Since we are encountering enormous generation of the number of wildfires, since we are stripping earth of 1,000
acres of trees and clear cutting the land,since we are encountering consistent HIGHER TEMPS over
an extended period of time,since we have seen water become MORE scarce...ALL THINGS SUFFER..
how long till we are at a point of dire consequences....starvation (crops failing) because of no water,oceans
unable to recoup nutrients.. sea life die off...I am geriatric,BUT the remaining population will live thru a

Do you understand micro climate? Even enormous fires don't change the planets climate. I know it will be ignored, but how were villages built on Greenland that are only now being exposed as the glaciers recede?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

12 Aug 2020 14:35 #33 by Blazer Bob
UM, because Greenland used to be green.

12 Aug 2020 19:32 #34 by Rick

Blazer Bob wrote: UM, because Greenland used to be green.

Shhhhhh! Lets not talk about historical facts that hurt the narrative... people may start to think critically instead of endless group think.

13 Aug 2020 07:34 #35 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: With that answer, I am ELATED I am 73,have no children and I won't be around (hopefully),THAT mindset
is seriously flawed.

Actually you have old data. In parts of the 3rd World like Brazil, you do have over harvesting of trees but much of that is to create new farming and grazing opportunities, in the developed world as populations become more urban, forests are reclaiming the land. And when logging does occur, it often includes putting in new trees for future generations. This is happening in New England especially, old farms lie fallow, along with orchards and other areas. Less and less people use wood for heating. There are many more trees than when our ancestors settled those areas in the 1800's.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds