Defend the policies you'll be voting for, not the man.

05 Aug 2020 18:48 #1 by Rick
If you are a legal US citizen who is going to vote, you have two viable choices unless you plan on throwing your vote away to a 3rd party candidate that has zero chance of winning. Lets see who can defend the policies we are likely to see from either Trump or Biden, without talking about the candidates. I'm asking this because we all know how the people here feel about both individuals which tends to lead us nowhere but name calling rants.

If you have a pretty good idea of a policy the guy you'll be voting for is going to try to implement, lets talk about how that policy will help the American people. If you have no idea what your candidate plans to do, then should you really be voting for him, just because you don't like the other guy?

I'll start with an easy one I'd like to see...

I'd like to see our border security continue to get stronger, including the finishing of our southern border fence/wall. I think we're going to be in big trouble if we continue to have an influx of low skilled illegals coming into this country, especially at a time when millions more people are dependent on government (taxpayer) help. Every other civilized and successful country on this planet have laws that limit who can enter, who can stay, who can collect welfare, who can attend public school, and who can become a citizen. Is that a bad thing?

Feel free to debate the desired policy I just presented, but please give us one on your wish list that you think will not only helpful to Americans but also realistic and mathematically possible.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2020 19:30 #2 by homeagain
graphics.reuters.com/USA-ELECTION/POLICY/ygdpzwarjvw/

HERE are the policies side by side.....Rick is using military funding for the wall construction a misappropriation of funds? When base housing is deplorable and decaying? I have a problem
with that policy. WHERE are the funds to erect MILES of this wall going to come from? The problem with imminent domain (taking land from the rightful land owner, who has owned the land for decades and is a
FAMILY heritage...THAT is a huge problem for me....

05 Aug 2020 21:32 #3 by Rick

homeagain wrote: graphics.reuters.com/USA-ELECTION/POLICY/ygdpzwarjvw/

HERE are the policies side by side.....Rick is using military funding for the wall construction a misappropriation of funds? When base housing is deplorable and decaying? I have a problem
with that policy. WHERE are the funds to erect MILES of this wall going to come from? The problem with imminent domain (taking land from the rightful land owner, who has owned the land for decades and is a

Thanks for your clear and relevant response!

How much does it cost to school illegal children 1-12, pay for most illegal health care, and drive down the wages of low skilled labor? I think that net loss is more than enough to build that fence/wall.

Then you also have to figure in our new trade deal. It’s going to be indirectly paid for by Mexico but I have to admit I’ve never read All the details of that deal. I do know we make out better than our last deal.

Now that you nicely debated my policy wish will you tell me a policy you’d like to see Biden get done?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Aug 2020 07:07 #4 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: graphics.reuters.com/USA-ELECTION/POLICY/ygdpzwarjvw/

Thanks for your clear and relevant response!

How much does it cost to school illegal children 1-12, pay for most illegal health care, and drive down the wages of low skilled labor? I think that net loss is more than enough to build that fence/wall.

Then you also have to figure in our new trade deal. It’s going to be indirectly paid for by Mexico but I have to admit I’ve never read All the details of that deal. I do know we make out better than our last deal.

Now that you nicely debated my policy wish will you tell me a policy you’d like to see Biden get done?

bolded, can U explain HOW Mexico is going to pay INDIRECTLY and U did not respond to my misappropriation of defense funds....which is a travesty.when our troops family units are living in deplorable conditions.

FOR ME... rapid climate change is raging and THAT would be rated FIRST.
2nd,of course, is healthcare and pharmco raping the rx's prices....it has to STOP....healthcare has
ALWAYS been a HUGE problem,never fixed...isn't it about time?....WHEN does the talk end and the ACTIONS begin? (BOTH SIDES OF THE ISLE)

06 Aug 2020 16:32 #5 by FredHayek
If you live in Colorado, your vote for President will not matter. The Democrats will win the state by 10%. So you might as well vote for the 3rd party choice who is closest to your own politics. I was going to vote Libertarian but their candidate is more woke than Sleepy Joe Biden.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Aug 2020 19:27 #6 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

bolded, can U explain HOW Mexico is going to pay INDIRECTLY

FOR ME... rapid climate change is raging and THAT would be rated FIRST.

I'd rather not do multiple policies since it's hard enough to just finish debating one at a time.

As for Mexico paying, if our trade deal is favorable to our companies and they make more money, they have more incentives to expand and are more competitive. When American companies become more successful, they hire more people and those people make more money. When this happens the government receives more tax revenue.

Think about how much wealth this country lost with the horrible trade deal that Clinton made with China, if we were able to go back in time and kill that deal we would have enough money to build a wall around North America. I actually haven't done the math on that but it's a hell of a lot of lost jobs and a whole lot of stolen intellectual property.

As for your climate change policy, what does that look like and how is it going to change the temperature of the planet? I'd love a policy that would create world peace, but that's the same kind of thing... what are the specifics that would achieve that end? Do you like the Green New Deal and have you done the math yet?

George Orwell

07 Aug 2020 14:04 - 07 Aug 2020 16:59 #7 by homeagain
TAKING ONE topic....entering back into the climate accord would be A GOOD thing,instead if pushing fossil
fuels...funding alternative energy sources with incentives, what happened to the plastic eating microbe they
discovered? Utilizing scientifically proven ALTERNATE processes...tidal energy that generates electricity
THE SOLUTIONS are there....THEY ARE OVERLOOKED.

ALSO this
www.anthropocenemagazine.org/2019/01/how...QEAAYAiAAEgK89PD_BwE

07 Aug 2020 17:05 #8 by homeagain
www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/cana...elf-collapses-rcna71

And U don't think sea levels will rise SOONER than predicted?

07 Aug 2020 18:31 #9 by Rick
So can you tell me how reentering the climate accord is going to lower the earth's temperature? I keep asking my liberal friends what policies they want to see and how much those policies will cost and I can't seem to get an answer because they just don't know. If we don't know how our tax dollars are going to be used to change the earth's temperature and we don't have any real scientific facts to back up these climate fixes, is that really the best use of trillions of dollars when the world economies are suffering greatly? From my reading on the subject it would take upwards of 100 trillion dollars of "green" conversions to even make a small dent in the problem. Sometimes I think hard left climate activists would be satisfied with bankrupting the country (which is what the Green New Deal would do) as long as it would help lower the climate temperatures. I'm pretty sure if the US went back to horse and buggy transportation, we still wouldn't make much of a difference and millions of people would starve to death.,

George Orwell

08 Aug 2020 10:18 #10 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/cana...elf-collapses-rcna71

And U don't think sea levels will rise SOONER than predicted?

President Obama has better intel than us and he doesn't think sea levels will rise, he bought a mansion on the beach in the Hamptons.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds