Many suspicious fires

16 Sep 2020 10:04 #1 by HEARTLESS
These are just a couple of the reports about people setting fires. Still think it is all climate change?

These aren't even on the west coast, which has evidence of many being started by people, arrested and released only to start more.People have died, they should all be charged with murder or attempted murder and held without the possibility of bail..Expect these to get more frequent and worse.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2020 12:32 #2 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Many suspicious fires
I'm not sure anyone is saying that climate change started the fires. What I have read is climate change has exacerbated and intensified the fires through dry fuels, etc.

16 Sep 2020 12:40 #3 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Many suspicious fires
Many believe it. But it is mis-management of forests and fuels.

16 Sep 2020 12:45 #4 by HEARTLESS
Governor Newsom says the debate is over (heard that before), but when you do next to nothing to controls fuels and stop the spread it only proves idiots should never be in charge of anything.

16 Sep 2020 12:50 #5 by koobookie
Maybe the state and federal government should start working togther?

The question of who is to blame has been a touchy one, particularly since President Donald Trump heaped blame for the fires on “mismanagement” by California officials and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke called out “radical environmental groups” that he said “would rather burn down the entire forest than cut a single tree or thin the forest.”

The irony is that 57 percent of California’s 33 million acres of forest are controlled by the federal government. And even the timber industry, which Trump’s team appears to be trying to support, has slammed the U.S. for investing far too little in the priceless wild space.

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-...ederal-lands-n942581

16 Sep 2020 13:16 #6 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Many suspicious fires

koobookie wrote: I'm not sure anyone is saying that climate change started the fires. What I have read is climate change has exacerbated and intensified the fires through dry fuels, etc.

You're not sure anyone is saying that?
Except Biden:

abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-blasts-cli...es/story?id=73000218

Harris:

www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Kam...rm-from-15570029.php

Pelosi:

dailycaller.com/2020/09/10/pelosi-fires-...-mother-earth-angry/

Just the top 3 democrats spouting junk science. The California wildfires have happened for centuries and are actually smaller now then they used to be - pre-industrial age.

16 Sep 2020 13:23 #7 by HEARTLESS
Trump is not a forester, he only appoints who will be in charge of federal lands. Private land, most of the people interviewed , are responsible for their property. The state forests need someone willing to open areas to wood cutters, logging to an extent, etc. This is not a single person issue. When forests become overgrown drastic measures are needed, or huge fires will result. Fire causes are natural (beyond anyone's control), man caused (nearly all are avoidable) and within that are accidental and intentional. A quick look at the news would show many of these fires are intentionally set acts of terrorism. Time will tell how much are ANTIFA related.

16 Sep 2020 14:02 - 16 Sep 2020 14:04 #8 by HEARTLESS
A few stats:
www.iii.org/fact-statistic/facts-statistics-wildfires
The first paragraph says the majority are human caused. 44% of the high risk homes are in California.

16 Sep 2020 14:10 #9 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote:

koobookie wrote: I'm not sure anyone is saying that climate change started the fires. What I have read is climate change has exacerbated and intensified the fires through dry fuels, etc.

You're not sure anyone is saying that?
Except Biden:

abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-blasts-cli...es/story?id=73000218

Harris:

www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/Kam...rm-from-15570029.php

Pelosi:

dailycaller.com/2020/09/10/pelosi-fires-...-mother-earth-angry/

Just the top 3 democrats spouting junk science. The California wildfires have happened for centuries and are actually smaller now then they used to be - pre-industrial age.

Admittedly, I just skimmed those articles. I did not see where any of those three stated that climate change caused the fires.

16 Sep 2020 15:14 #10 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Many suspicious fires
"The science is clear, and deadly signs like these are unmistakable — climate change poses an imminent, existential threat to our way of life. President Trump can try to deny that reality, but the facts are undeniable. We absolutely must act now to avoid a future defined by an unending barrage of tragedies like the one American families are enduring across the West today," Biden wrote.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds