BREAKING...BARR states the outcome is correct

14 Dec 2020 16:33 #41 by Pony Soldier
The Department of Justice is nothing more than a bad punch line. Barr is a worthless scum who actively worked against his boss. At least Sessions was just stupid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2020 16:35 #42 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: The Department of Justice is nothing more than a bad punch line. Barr is a worthless scum who actively worked against his boss. At least Sessions was just stupid.

I get it - your guy lost the election, so it had to be corrupt. The whole system is corrupt. "Barr was in on the fraud." Wake up and smell reality. Geez.

14 Dec 2020 16:54 #43 by Pony Soldier
Alright. Show me a single subpoena or witness interview Barr did before declaring that there was no fraud... you can’t because he didn’t. Yes he’s corrupt. Do you really think control of the most powerful position in the world, commanding the most powerful military in the world is left up to us peasants? Sheesh! You really are naive.

14 Dec 2020 19:16 #44 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: Alright. Show me a single subpoena or witness interview Barr did before declaring that there was no fraud... you can’t because he didn’t. Yes he’s corrupt. Do you really think control of the most powerful position in the world, commanding the most powerful military in the world is left up to us peasants? Sheesh! You really are naive.

Sheesh! Then why did Donald appoint him in the first place? Sheesh!

15 Dec 2020 06:25 #45 by Pony Soldier
That is a question I’ve pondered at some length. I don’t know who counseled Trump to hire Barr but it sure would be interesting to know. He softballed to leak investigation right off the bat and basically shelved the Russiagate investigation. He was well aware that there was an active criminal investigation into Hunter Biden WHILE the impeachment was going on - an impeachment for asking another country to do what ours was supposed to be doing. Not one mention. You think that may have had some small impact on the sham impeachment? He promised the Durham report in the spring but held it off so that it wouldn’t hit before the election. Barr should be your favorite person.

15 Dec 2020 07:32 #46 by homeagain
I think Barr was "playing" everyone....he thought he could pull it off... there was too much heat from BOTH SIDES. (MAYBE he just wanted to "pump up'' his retirement acct...and move on?)

15 Dec 2020 08:17 #47 by koobookie
Attachments:

15 Dec 2020 08:45 #48 by homeagain
TRUST NO ONE.....(was that the x files?)

15 Dec 2020 09:03 #49 by Pony Soldier
Cute, but I've been saying that about Barr since he was hired. I didn't know until now, but, yes, he is the definition of deep state.

15 Dec 2020 09:13 #50 by koobookie
This is from Heather Cox Rrichardson's blog:

heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/dece...bSyrtf6n6KG3pfc1Sjgk

Tonight, just in time to disrupt the news cycle before Biden was set to address the nation, Trump announced that Attorney General William Barr is stepping down on December 23. Barr was a true loyalist, politicizing the Department of Justice to protect Trump from Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, stepping in to defend Trump in a defamation suit by a woman who claimed Trump had sexually assaulted her, favoring Trump’s friends, and supporting Trump’s attack on this summer’s protesters at Lafayette Park in Washington, D.C. Barr’s resignation letter was full of praise for Trump, but the two men have been at odds since Barr refused to sign on to Trump’s efforts to overturn the election. On December 1, Barr told the Associated Press that there was no evidence of widespread election fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 election, thus undercutting the president’s arguments.

While the timing of the resignation announcement seems pegged to try to upstage Biden’s win, the timing of the resignation itself might well reflect that Trump is planning some controversial pardons and Barr didn’t want to be associated with them.

Your premise that he was not the "lapdog" of Trump is far fetched. One of his first actions was to downplay the Mueller report to protect Trump, not - as you put it - "softball the leak investigation right off the bat."

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds