Attack At The DC Capitol!

02 Apr 2021 15:01 #1 by FredHayek
Two Capitol Police were struck by a car, the driver left the vehicle with a knife and was shot by police. One of the Capitol Police later died from injuries. The assailant appears to be a member of the Nation of Islam.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Apr 2021 18:14 #2 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: Two Capitol Police were struck by a car, the driver left the vehicle with a knife and was shot by police. One of the Capitol Police later died from injuries. The assailant appears to be a member of the Nation of Islam.

Hooboy, it has the word ISLAM in it so you know what that means. :whistle:

*Note: "Nation of Islam" is a Black supremacist sect that is overwhelmingly rejected by the Muslim world as having anything to do with the "religion of Islam."

02 Apr 2021 18:49 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Attack At The DC Capitol!

Wayne Harrison wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Two Capitol Police were struck by a car, the driver left the vehicle with a knife and was shot by police. One of the Capitol Police later died from injuries. The assailant appears to be a member of the Nation of Islam.

Hooboy, it has the word ISLAM in it so you know what that means. :whistle:

*Note: "Nation of Islam" is a Black supremacist sect that is overwhelmingly rejected by the Muslim world as having anything to do with the "religion of Islam."

That must be hard for the majority of the press to print. White supremacists are overwhelmingly rejected by white Americans but those two words have been used more in the last year than any time I can think of in my lifetime.

Making broad brush accusations and pushing false narratives based on the crime of an individual is always wrong, racist, and anti-American, but it's a very common tactic used by the people who are supposed to be the watchdogs for our society.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Apr 2021 19:15 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Attack At The DC Capitol!
Wow. Farrakhan would disagree with you. You really want to belittle the followers of the Nation of Islam like that? They aren't Islamic enough for you?

02 Apr 2021 19:22 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Attack At The DC Capitol!

FredHayek wrote: Wow. Farrakhan would disagree with you. You really want to belittle the followers of the Nation of Islam like that? They aren't Islamic enough for you?

Were you speaking to me or to Wayne?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Apr 2021 08:34 - 03 Apr 2021 08:35 #6 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: Wow. Farrakhan would disagree with you. You really want to belittle the followers of the Nation of Islam like that? They aren't Islamic enough for you?

Now, you're just trying to stir the pot, Fred.

03 Apr 2021 12:41 #7 by FredHayek

Wayne Harrison wrote:

Now, you're just trying to stir the pot, Fred.

LOL. You are the one calling them pretenders.

03 Apr 2021 21:28 #8 by Wayne Harrison

FredHayek wrote: LOL. You are the one calling them pretenders.

I re-read my post but I don't see where I called them pretenders. Can you give me the quote where I called them that?

04 Apr 2021 14:37 #9 by FredHayek
OK, you are saying some Islamic people do not consider them true followers of Islam.
But I am always distrustful when I hear one sect call another sect out.
Same thing happens in Christianity.

But after reading more about this young man who killed one Capitol officer and hurt another, it seems more like he is a messed up, confused youngster a lot like the one who shot up massage parlors in the South and a King Soopers in Boulder.
And less like a hardened radical Islamist.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

28 Apr 2021 22:07 - 28 Apr 2021 22:14 #10 by Wayne Harrison
Good news! The FBI has arrested two “most wanted” suspects in connection to the deadly January 6 riot in Washington DC. One of those is Jonathan Munafo, 34, of Albany, NY, who is allegedly seen on video attacking a cop.

Munafo was one of 10 suspects the FBI considered its most wanted from the insurrection on January 6. According to the Department of Justice, he faces the following charges:
  • Forcibly assaulting, resisting, opposing, impeding, or interfering with officer of U.S. government

• Knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority

• Engaging in disorderly conduct on restricted grounds with intent to disrupt official functions

• Engaging in an act of physical violence against person/property on restricted grounds and while using a dangerous weapon

• Violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds

www.news10.com/news/albany-county/albany...ested-by-in-florida/

(and more arrests to come)

p.s. Yes, I know this discussion is about a later attack at the Capitol, but it's the first one I found after going through three pages of posts. It's interesting how the Jan. 6 attack is no longer a big deal to Republicans.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds