arguing with a Trump hater is like...

21 Apr 2021 07:18 #21 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: www.nytimes.com/2021/04/15/world/europe/...ussia-sanctions.html

SOLARWINDS was a STUNNING SUCCESS...the incident took place on TRUMP'S WATCH(played
by Putin)

AS AN EXAMPLE.... notice no one would reply or comment on a VERY REAL F.U., the principle/policies
of the ex POTUS that created a catastrophic failure. WHERE was the security? WHERE was the mechanism to counter the attack,WHY did it take so long to discover the breach? THESE r real concerns,
not some FAKE reporting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2021 07:49 #22 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: I can't answer. Your question is to general and non-specific as to WHAT media?

When you say "the media talked about," it sounds as if you are referring to talk shows. A news story would be specific, with sources of information, and not have generalities.

It's amazing how many people on both sides can't tell the difference between opinions and straight news. They lump them together into one "the media."

Please give me a few examples of "straight news" I should be consuming. I don't spend much time viewing opinion shows unless they have the significant guests that decide public policy. I do prefer to hear their words from their own mouths rather than reading edited summaries written by biased people who call themselves journalists.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Apr 2021 10:20 #23 by Wayne Harrison
Whatever I post, you'll likely have a different opinion, but here goes...

Should you trust media bias charts?
These controversial charts claim to show the political lean and credibility of news organizations. Here’s what you need to know about them.

www.poynter.org/fact-checking/media-lite...t-media-bias-charts/

P.S. The only television news I watch is local news from back home.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

21 Apr 2021 13:14 #24 by homeagain
GREAT CHART.....I utilize about half of the C side...(or more)

22 Apr 2021 07:34 #25 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: Whatever I post, you'll likely have a different opinion, but here goes...

Should you trust media bias charts?
These controversial charts claim to show the political lean and credibility of news organizations. Here’s what you need to know about them.

www.poynter.org/fact-checking/media-lite...t-media-bias-charts/

P.S. The only television news I watch is local news from back home.

I've seen this chart many times but it doesn't answer my question. If you were only given the option of one news source to read or watch, what would be the best for "straight news" that isn't polluted with political bias and opinion?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Apr 2021 08:20 #26 by Wayne Harrison
I wouldn't recommend that anyone use just one news source to stay informed. But, I'm curious how you'd answer the same question, Rick?

22 Apr 2021 18:31 #27 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: I wouldn't recommend that anyone use just one news source to stay informed. But, I'm curious how you'd answer the same question, Rick?

I already did, I don't believe there is any "straight news"... you are the one that said it existed so I just asked for ONE example which you seem to not be able to provide.

George Orwell

23 Apr 2021 08:10 #28 by homeagain
SO-O-O, O if NO news source can be trusted, how do U access/absorb what is happening around U?

23 Apr 2021 09:23 #29 by Wayne Harrison

Rick wrote: I don't believe there is any "straight news"... you are the one that said it existed so I just asked for ONE example which you seem to not be able to provide.

I read most from the middle column and some from the columns to the left and right. I subscribe to the New York Times, and Washington Post.

24 Apr 2021 11:05 #30 by Wayne Harrison
I don’t understand how Trump supporters can both refuse the vaccine and want Trump to get credit for creating it.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds