arguing with a Trump hater is like...

13 Apr 2021 01:18 #1 by Blazer Bob
Playing chess with a pigeon.
The pigeon just knocks all the pieces over.

Then shits all over the board.

Then struts around like it won.”

EOM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2021 06:34 #2 by homeagain
REPLACE the name with Biden and I agree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

13 Apr 2021 09:23 #3 by FredHayek
There are deranged people on both sides of the political spectrum. I would love to see more well thought out defenses of position, but too often it goes down to personal attacks. They asked Margaret Thatcher if she hated personal attacks on her, she didn't mind them. She said it was usually a sign that they were unable to defend their position.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2021 09:26 #4 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: There are deranged people on both sides of the political spectrum. I would love to see more well thought out defenses of position, but too often it goes down to personal attacks. They asked Margaret Thatcher if she hated personal attacks on her, she didn't mind them. She said it was usually a sign that they were unable to defend their position.

[/b]

THANK U....having worked in corp America...U had to have "harden up"...

13 Apr 2021 10:18 #5 by ScienceChic
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Apr 2021 10:33 #6 by Pony Soldier
And some minds are devoid of humor...

13 Apr 2021 18:44 #7 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

That's a great quote, but during the last 4 years, what was being discussed the most, Trump's Ideas, Trump's results, or President Donald Trump himself?

I know the vast majority of the media ignored the booming economy, dismissed the record unemployment rate for minorities and everyone else, and gave no credit for the incredibly fast vaccines that most said we wouldn't have by the end of 20/20. Everything was about the person, but now that we have Biden, nothing is about the person.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

14 Apr 2021 08:49 #8 by homeagain
HERE'S what Trump excelled at....throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what stuck or what he could get away with. (IDEAS....so I guess he DID fall into the first category ) There, I said something positive.

14 Apr 2021 09:06 #9 by FredHayek
The people who are posting here and other places like Twitter are passionate folks. Of course they are going to be hard to persuade them to change their minds. There are also tens of millions of Americans who aren't die hard partisans and often don't have strong political opinions. And like the groundhog, they come out of their hole every four years, see the way the wind blows, and vote accordingly. Never have there been so many registered independents.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

14 Apr 2021 19:48 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote: HERE'S what Trump excelled at....throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what stuck or what he could get away with. (IDEAS....so I guess he DID fall into the first category ) There, I said something positive.

It would be great if you could provide some examples of what Trump threw against the wall to se what would stick. I can think of a whole lot of accomplishments that were based on common sense actions. With Biden, I see a lot of actions based on feelings and revenge that have not been thought out at all and will be harmful to this country. Give some examples of Trump's bad policies and I'll ask you to defend some of Biden's. I'll be fine with you just listing a few off the top of your head instead of me being forced to read someone else's interpretations.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds