Pictures Worth 1000 Words

04 May 2021 19:06 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Pictures Worth 1000 Words

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: So Wayne, could you give any good reason for wearing a mask if you're alone on a zoom call and you've been vaccinated?

HERE'S your answer....HOW would U like to respond now?

thehill.com/homenews/house/551272-vaccin...-return-to-normality

I hate always having to ask this, but if you're going to answer a question with a link to an article, could you at least cut and paste the part that actually answers the question? Nowhere in there did I see an explanation as to why a vaccinated person should wear a mask on a zoom call.

There, I responded with a very coherent answer from my own mind and not from someone else's. Would you care to respond in kind?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2021 19:10 - 04 May 2021 19:11 #22 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote:

Rick wrote: [ thehill.com/homenews/administration/5512...ite-updated-guidance

Come on Wayne, I know you're a smart man and can answer simple questions on your own. I just want YOUR answer, not some journalist's opinion. Why would a group of vaccinated people need to wear masks when nobody around them could contract covid or spread covid?

First of all, Rick. That wasn't your original question. You've moved the goalposts once again.

You asked why President Biden would wear a mask when on a Zoom call when there was no one around. I showed you the fallacy of your question - that he wasn't alone during the three-day summit call. That should have settled it. But now you want MY OPINION on why a group of vaccinated people need to wear masks when nobody around them could contract covid or spread covid?

That's an entirely different question. I am a layperson, not a medical professional. I don't have an answer. When that happens, I look at what medical professionals are recommending, or ask my daughter.[/quote]

Do you believe that unvaccinated people are getting close to the president in the WH? I'm quite certain that being vaccinated is one of the requirements if you want close contact with the most powerful leader in the world. If not, then this administration is even more inept that I imagined.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 May 2021 20:43 #23 by ScienceChic
It shouldn't be, and isn't, mandatory that people get vaccinated because there are some people who have valid medical reasons or religious preferences for not getting vaccinated. Should those qualified people not be allowed to work or be in public? Is it impossible to think that not every single person in the White House is vaccinated because they may have some of those qualifications for not getting a vaccine, or possibly that Biden wanted to present a good example, as great leaders should, of doing what's asked of others by wearing a mask when in the presence of high-risk individuals or those who may not be vaccinated.

I'm seeing a whole lot of assumptions and judgements being made without enough personal knowledge of the people involved or the circumstances. Would you prefer that we advocate for requiring vaccinations to work, or disclosing private medical knowledge of every individual working in the WH so the actions of our president are justified?

Obviously I'm asking absurd questions at the end to highlight how silly this has gotten. He wore a mask - who cares? If this is truly our most serious problem (narrator: it isn't), then we're doing damn good (hint: we're not).

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 May 2021 07:13 #24 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Pictures Worth 1000 Words
I think the FULL CONTEXT is sometimes required.....THEN the full message can not be misconstrued. OR
someone can NOT state U R cherry picking info.....U KNOW, CYA.

08 May 2021 08:31 #25 by Wayne Harrison
Attachments:

08 May 2021 09:05 #26 by Wayne Harrison
Republicans vs Democrats

Attachments:

12 May 2021 07:48 #27 by Rick

Wayne Harrison wrote: Republicans vs Democrats

Stopping the really stupid Biden policies IS a relief for the American people, you just don't see it that way because you believe these leftist policies are somehow good for America. Half the country disagrees and we are already seeing the consequences.

George Orwell

12 May 2021 08:16 #28 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Pictures Worth 1000 Words
AS AN INDY... I agree to an extent,HOWEVER the inequality of the1 percent vs. the rest of population is
REQUIRED TO BE ADDRESSED IN TAXES...not huge taxes but certainly close loopholes and adjust the
tax levy to reflect EQUAL SHARED taxes.

14 May 2021 06:42 #29 by Rick

homeagain wrote: AS AN INDY... I agree to an extent,HOWEVER the inequality of the1 percent vs. the rest of population is
REQUIRED TO BE ADDRESSED IN TAXES...not huge taxes but certainly close loopholes and adjust the
tax levy to reflect EQUAL SHARED taxes.

As an American with common sense I know who pays more taxes and higher prices when the government decides to raise taxes on 'the rich'. I understand how so many jobs can quickly be moved over seas because it becomes to expensive to compete in this country. And finally, I understand how inflation works and what causes it... you don't have to "wait for it" anymore, it's here and it's growing quickly.

George Orwell

14 May 2021 06:54 #30 by Rick

ScienceChic wrote:
Obviously I'm asking absurd questions at the end to highlight how silly this has gotten. He wore a mask - who cares? If this is truly our most serious problem (narrator: it isn't), then we're doing damn good (hint: we're not).

I know you think it's a silly argument, I just disagree. It's all about optics, right? Well, I think when the president is vaccinated, he is not in danger of getting covid and there is no danger in spreading it to someone else. If you want to promote the vaccine, the optics should not be to stay scared, the optics should be that you are free to breath again once you get it.

The CDC finally gave the ok to take the mask off outside,(oh thank you, all knowing CDC), yet I guarantee I'll still see mask wearing drones walking around outside and ALONE in their cars for weeks because they've been trained so well to comply.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds