PITHY COMMENTS

09 Jun 2021 17:36 #31 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic PITHY COMMENTS

homeagain wrote: JMO....the Texas mentality is/has been "I have a bigger set of b---s". So get out of my way, experiences
from living in Alaska left me with a "bad taste for Texans"....same for Colorado...big,brash,ballsy,males and
$$$ that believes it can do anything it wants. AGAIN, JMO...

You and your broad based assumptions never cease to amaze me. If you were to take a guess, what percentage of people who live in Texas do you actually know personally? .000001%?

I also lived in Alaska for 5 years and met a lot of great people. I also met a few drunks and drug addicts. I couldn't make any broad based assumptions about the people as a whole because there's no way possible for me to know the character of a large enough sample. Maybe you have some cosmic ability us normal people lack.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2021 06:36 - 10 Jun 2021 06:37 #32 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic PITHY COMMENTS

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: JMO....the Texas mentality is/has been "I have a bigger set of b---s". So get out of my way, experiences
from living in Alaska left me with a "bad taste for Texans"....same for Colorado...big,brash,ballsy,males and
$$$ that believes it can do anything it wants. AGAIN, JMO...

You and your broad based assumptions never cease to amaze me. If you were to take a guess, what percentage of people who live in Texas do you actually know personally? .000001%?

I also lived in Alaska for 5 years and met a lot of great people. I also met a few drunks and drug addicts. I couldn't make any broad based assumptions about the people as a whole because there's no way possible for me to know the character of a large enough sample. Maybe you have some cosmic ability us normal people lack.

AND SO HAVE I.....the thing is, being up close and personal as a private pilot,or guide,or lodge owner,
they will relate stories the same sentiment. In Alaska, there usually r three kinds of people,those
that r running from something in the lower 48 or those who come up to be ALONE (Cheechakos) and
then there r "sourdoughs"....born,raised and will NEVER leave until they die.

HERE is another tidbit of info on TEXANS mindset.

www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/0...ion/?sh=16106c967618

17 Jul 2021 07:49 - 17 Jul 2021 07:51 #33 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PITHY COMMENTS
There is a hint in the corpus of this quotation.

"That period of war and disturbance which was the inevitable first consequence of the “Forward Policy” must in any case have been disturbed and expensive. Regarded from an economic standpoint, the trade of the frontier valleys will never pay a shilling in the pound on the military expenditure necessary to preserve order. . .

The “Full steam ahead” method would be undoubtedly the most desirable. This is the military view. Mobilise, it is urged, a nice field force, and operate at leisure in the frontier valleys, until they are as safe a Hyde Park. Nor need this course necessarily involve the extermination of the inhabitants. Military rule is the best rule suited to the character and comprehension of the tribesmen. They will soon recognize the futility of resistance, and will gradually welcome the increase of wealth and comfort that will follow a stable government. . . Only one real objection has been advanced against this plan. But it is a crushing one, and it constitutes the most serious argument against the whole “Forward Policy.” It is this: we have neither the troops nor the money to carry it out.

18 Jul 2021 10:03 - 19 Jul 2021 10:50 #34 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic PITHY COMMENTS
Source of quote, please? With no end quote to your beginning quote and quotes within quotes, it's hard to discern if the entire thing is a quote or not.

30 Aug 2021 10:33 #35 by Rick
Another worthless Obama POS:

On Sunday morning, former President Barack Obama’s Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, compared Americans who oppose getting vaccinated or wearing masks to the Islamic terrorists who attacked Kabul airport and killed 13 members of the United states military.

Duncan tweeted, “Have you noticed how strikingly similar both the mindsets and actions are between the suicide bombers at Kabul’s airport, and the anti-mask and anti-vax people here? They both blow themselves up, inflict harm on those around them, and are convinced they are fighting for freedom.”

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Sep 2021 18:29 #36 by Rick
Here's a good one that caused me to shoot Pepsi out of my nose when I heard it LOL :

Biden began to describe damage from tornadoes to communities in the middle of the country.

"The members of Congress know, from their colleagues in Congress that, uh, you know, the, looks like a tornado, they don't call them that anymore, that hit the crops and wetlands in the middle of the country, in Iowa and Nevada. It's just across the board."

It 's much better when you actually hear him speak these words. What kind of twilight zone am I living in when this guy is the most powerful person in the world?

www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/biden-twisted-in...eople-211800596.html

George Orwell

07 Sep 2021 18:53 #37 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic PITHY COMMENTS
I watched the video. You are correct. It is very saddening that he is the face of the United States. The question is begged, who is actually making the decisions that emanate from the office of the President.

07 Sep 2021 19:09 #38 by Rick
I'm thinking it's someone who really hates this country, so Obama would be my guess.

George Orwell

11 Oct 2021 19:34 #39 by Rick
I keep thinking about one of Biden's lines, "America is back!". I have to wonder, back from what? Back from a secure border? Back from a booming economy? Back from energy independence? Someone please tell me what this guy and his progressive sting pullers have made better in the last 9 months.

George Orwell

12 Oct 2021 07:29 #40 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic PITHY COMMENTS
Have we forgotten just how SLOW the "machine" (government) works? It is almost as if U expect to twitch
Samantha's nose and PRESTO it is ALL good. FOUR YEARS,we r 9 months in....there is a shitload of
games being played (NO bipartisan plan).....let's just chop off a finger or two and see how much blood can
be drained....maybe the patient will die a slow painful death and then we can bury the bullshit and start over.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds