CBS News: US Troops Evacuating Embassy

16 Aug 2021 08:21 #31 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: . Anyone else have the sense that Joe is ill?

At least half the country who who can see, hear, and have common sense.

From one of the honest Democrats, Seth Moulton:

“To say that today is anything short of a disaster would be dishonest. Worse, it was avoidable. The time to debate whether we stay in Afghanistan has passed, but there is still time to debate how we manage our retreat. For months, I have been calling on the Administration to evacuate our allies immediately—not to wait for paperwork, for shaky agreements with third countries, or for time to make it look more “orderly.”

www.boston.com/news/politics/2021/08/15/...afghanistan-taliban/

I do expect Biden to blame Trump and give himself a pass.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Aug 2021 08:50 #32 by homeagain
www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/af...UiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwcz

OUR GOV. LIED for decades.....NO ONE expected this to be a success. WHERE was the integrity,fortitude
to stand up (either party) and DO THE RIGHT THING? This is the government you get ,when u don't pay attention(BOTH political parties).....The Fourth Turning is the answer....do u understand NOW?

16 Aug 2021 09:27 - 23 Aug 2021 15:41 #33 by Rick
Sorry HA, but you can't blame everything on your 'fourth turning'. Does the fourth turning have control over the decisions this administration makes? Many innocent people are going to die and America is going to be humiliated because of a really bad exit strategy. At some point you need to admit that decisions have consequences.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

16 Aug 2021 09:41 #34 by homeagain
U have missed the point in it's entirety.....for DECADES,both parties have entered into a financial fubar (KNOWINGLY)a ethical fubar (KNOWINGLY) and shrugged their shoulders....oh well, let's see what happens, not even an INTELLIGENT chess game,just "GO FISH" card game...and WE, the people of AMERICA did not STOP IT. Vietnam was stopped because the people emphatically protested,made themselves heard,did NOT accept status quo.....and would not ACCEPT the answers the government gave them. VIETNAM was a turning point,in more ways than one.....WTF even I, who has no military background,
KNEW that it was a repeat SAIGON...it is WELL PAST time for the government to GROW into another form
of "being".... JMO

16 Aug 2021 16:45 #35 by ramage
You got it right,
Biden did blame Trump. Even better he took credit for the murdering of Osama.
However, we all know that Slo Joe was against the assault.
In the words of his mentor, Obama, paraphrasing, "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f**k things up."

18 Aug 2021 19:58 #36 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/af...UiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwcz

OUR GOV. LIED for decades.....NO ONE expected this to be a success. WHERE was the integrity,fortitude
to stand up (either party) and DO THE RIGHT THING? This is the government you get ,when u don't pay attention(BOTH political parties).....The Fourth Turning is the answer....do u understand NOW?

LOL, the 4th turning doesn't apply to the whole world. Life isn't simple. Sometimes you know you aren't going to win, but you fight a valiant rear guard to give the women of Afghanistan a few more years with human rights. Next you are going to tell me the positions of planets will determine what pie I order today. Science is not astrology!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Aug 2021 09:24 #37 by Rick
Just watched John Kirby say on TV that they don't know how many Americans are still in Afghanistan. If they don't know who is there, how will they know when everybody is out?

George Orwell

19 Aug 2021 09:42 #38 by ramage
I came across a wonderful statement regarding Biden, paraphrasing:

Hiding in your basement might be good political strategy for a Presidential candidate, but if done by the President it is dereliction of duty.

19 Aug 2021 09:56 #39 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/trump-un...-protests/index.html

AHEM, U may have forgotten this piece of the proclamation......YA, do not throw stones when there is a glass
WHITE HOUSE.

19 Aug 2021 10:14 #40 by ramage
President Trump was taken to a White House secure area per protocol of the Secret Service. He was in that location for less than 1 hour according to your citation.
To you seriously equate the above with Slo Joe hiding from the public while Afghanistan is being overthrown?

Also please tell me what this means " U may have forgotten this piece of the proclamation" . Perhaps SC can explain this for me?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds