annnnnddd - there it is.

21 Oct 2021 11:03 #11 by GeorgeM
Replied by GeorgeM on topic annnnnddd - there it is.
"Of course the real tragedy is not the rape..." Well, there it is.

Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. -- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, homeagain, koobookie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2021 11:44 #12 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic annnnnddd - there it is.

GeorgeM wrote: "Of course the real tragedy is not the rape..." Well, there it is.

You caught me there George. You think it means I am pro rape. Since you seem to be anti-rape perhaps you can tell us what you think of the fact that the only person convicted and sentenced so far is the father of the girl that was raped?

21 Oct 2021 12:12 #13 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic annnnnddd - there it is.

Blazer Bob wrote: Of course the real tragedy is not the rape, it is the reaction of the woke who tired to bury this because it did not support their anti science POV that denies a million years of evolution.

"raped by a boy 'wearing a skirt' in the girls' bathroom "

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1009373...County-Title-IX.html

I was taken back my this perspective, THE REAL TRAGEDY...it happened TWICE and it is obvious a
mental issue is present. RAPE is about ANGER and control.why was this 15 y.o. NOT in counseling/therapy? Let me give u SOME of the reasons. NO MONEY for staffing/reams of red tape,.lack of adequate access (parents PLEADING for assistance,and finding a brick wall. THAT is what occurred
with the shooter who murdered the SANDY HOOK children....Adam Lanza. The REAL tragedy is
the overwhelming response by parents who wrote letters stating..."THIS could have been my child...we
are afraid of our own son." We have asked/pleaded for help to no avail. THIS is still playing out...just
like the SANDUSKY scandal....there WILL be repercussions.

21 Oct 2021 12:14 #14 by ScienceChic
Exactly. Thank you GeorgeM.

If your focus is on slamming the "woke" policy of gender fluid bathrooms rather than a boy who broke the law and violated 2 girls, or a Superintendent who seemingly lied about this (because that's never happened before in any other situations that don't involve cross-dressing, trans students, etc) then there is something wrong with you.

I'm thoroughly disgusted. The problem isn't that the boy cross-dressed, it's that he assaulted 2 girls. Girls and women get raped every day at work, at home, at school by people who claim to love them, by boyfriends and bosses and husbands, and you're outraged by this one situation because it involves a political situation you don't agree with? I don't give a shit if boys who feel they are biological females want to use the girls restroom. There will be very few boys who try to fake that just to get access to girls in that space and that's not the problem.

The problem is a group of adults who are supposed to look out for our kids don't take seriously enough a girl's report of an assault when she makes it so that this POS boy had the opportunity to do it again. That kind of behavior has little to do with being "woke" and everything to do with the marginalization of rape as a crime in our society yet again. #MeToo would never had been a movement if it wasn't for that. Fix societal attitudes that "boys always have to push and girls say no" and the lack of severe punishment for rape and maybe this kind of shit will stop happening.

Oh, and the problem is The Daily Wire for misrepresenting what happened to turn on the outrage clickbait machine for suckers who buy this story hook, line, and sinker without looking into it further.

Loudoun County sheriff responds to 'misinformation' surrounding alleged sexual assaults in schools
by Elizabeth Faddis, Breaking News Reporter, Washington Examiner | October 13, 2021 11:37 PM

Police Logs Contradict Some Of The Daily Wire's Reporting On The Loudoun County Rape Scandal
BlockedandReported.org | October 19l, 2021

During our show, I passed this storyline along fairly credulously. But I also mentioned that it was perhaps the easiest part of this whole controversy to independently verify, and that I was going to try to do so by getting hold of the Loudon County Sheriff’s Office dispatch logs associated with the incident, which would either show police there were alerted about a sexual assault (in which case The Daily Wire’s account would be inaccurate) or they were alerted about an irate parent (in which case it would be accurate).

Yesterday I got those logs, and they very strongly dispute Smith’s — and The Daily Wire’s — account.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

21 Oct 2021 13:29 #15 by Blazer Bob
The Daily Wire did not allege that the police covered it up.

www.dailywire.com/news/loudoun-county-sc...bathroom-father-says

"Loudoun County Schools Tried To Conceal Sexual Assault Against Daughter In Bathroom, Father Says
Father in viral video of school board arrest says his daughter was raped in school bathroom."

21 Oct 2021 15:31 #16 by ScienceChic
Did you read the 2nd link I posted? They didn't say that The Daily Wire said the police covered it up, they said the Daily Wire tried to claim that the school/SRO were only handling "in-house", without involving a full police report or notifying the police of the assault.

As for The Daily Wire’s response, hoo boy. I first DMed Rosiak this morning at about 10:00 a.m. He didn’t get those DMs (I could tell because the second of the two sent-received checkmarks didn’t show up), so I called him at 12:33 p.m. to explain what I was working on and give him a chance to respond. He eventually referred me to a spokesman for The Daily Wire.

It was only as I was putting my finishing touches on this post that I noticed that The Daily Wire and Rosiak raced up an article claiming the logs support his initial reporting. That article doesn’t mention how he got the logs (from me), which is slightly annoying given that Rosiak doesn’t like it when reporters don’t credit other reporters for their work:

I find this disingenuous on two fronts. First, The Daily Wire is attempting to retroactively shift the meaning of “in house,” as though the average reader wouldn’t interpret it as an accusation that the school didn’t seek to involve the police in a timely manner. Scroll back up to that excerpt and read it again and find me any mention of the police being notified — there isn’t one. If Rosiak meant to communicate to readers something like The police were called, but Smith was concerned that they weren’t going to bring on board rape investigators, he would have written just that. That still would have been bad, of course, but it would have been an order of magnitude less explosive than the storyline The Daily Wire initially communicated.

Second, The Daily Wire’s question about “why a team of outside police officers was apparently called to handle an ‘upset parent,’ but not an alleged rape of a student” ignores the fact that a grand total of 50 minutes or so appears to have elapsed between the alleged rape being called in to the LCSO and Smith’s arrival on scene. It appears the SRO had just started his or her investigation, and no one else had arrived yet, but there’s no evidence that the plan was for the SRO to handle the whole thing him- or herself. All we have from the logs is “INVESTIGATING AT THIS TIME,” which implies the process had only just started. Think about how long it would take just to, for example, separate both kids and get both sides of the story and establish exactly what further police services were needed?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 Oct 2021 19:04 #17 by Blazer Bob
The second link you posted does not refer to the original link I posted in the OP. Nor does it refute or even challenge the central thrust of that story.

21 Oct 2021 19:13 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic annnnnddd - there it is.
On a related note, did any of you celebrate International Pronoun Day yesterday? Sadly I missed it, but I did see that the Taliban beheaded a woman for playing volleyball.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Oct 2021 19:49 #19 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic annnnnddd - there it is.
So the superintendent covers this up. It’s confirmed that the skirt wearing boy is a double rapist, and this wouldn’t be a story if the father of the little girl hadn’t been arrested. This father could have been me or any other father of daughters.

This is a prime example of you dogshit media mostly ignoring a story that has major implications across the country. Eventually you’ll all have to wake up and discover you’ve been spoon fed “news” that only benefits whatever narrative that helps their cause.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Oct 2021 20:03 #20 by Blazer Bob
"Oh, and the problem is The Daily Wire for misrepresenting what happened to turn on the outrage clickbait machine for suckers who buy this story hook, line, and sinker without looking into it further."

Who is the sucker now?

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds