Polis Signs Abortion Law

08 Apr 2022 08:23 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
I'm not ready for the garden, I'd like our leaders to prevent the country from crashing so my children have a future. You however seem to want to go soon... have a nice trip and please send a post card, I'll be here fighting for the country till I can no more.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Apr 2022 08:37 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
u mis construed the meaning......INNOCENTS, ADAM AND EVE...the beginning,paradise,in harmony with
life......UNTIL we weren't.....

08 Apr 2022 10:27 #13 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
If you're going to use that story, you should also remember that they were driven from the garden because those human beings were flawed then and they are flawed now. If human beings were perfect, they wouldn't be tossing the lives they helped to create into dumpsters. We have to live with our sins and imperfections until we no longer breath on this earth... there is no utopia here and there never will be.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Apr 2022 22:52 #14 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
The Hippocratic Oath bans abortion and euthanasia. Why are Democrats against this long time principle of medicine?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Apr 2022 07:15 #15 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: The Hippocratic Oath bans abortion and euthanasia. Why are Democrats against this long time principle of medicine?

www.medicinenet.com/hippocratic_oath/definition.htm

PRESENT VERSION

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

10 Apr 2022 09:15 #16 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
From your reference:

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art." 4th century B.C.

If you do not prefer the Lasagna version written circa 1965 you have others to choose from:

Last year, medical students at Creighton University in Nebraska revised their oath to include a pledge not to discriminate against patients based on sexual orientation, according to spokesperson Cindy Workman.

Similarly, students at New York Medical College, Tulane University, and the University of California, San Francisco, all vow not to discriminate against patients based on gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.'
Last year, medical students at Creighton University in Nebraska revised their oath to include a pledge not to discriminate against patients based on sexual orientation, according to spokesperson Cindy Workman.

Similarly, students at New York Medical College, Tulane University, and the University of California, San Francisco, all vow not to discriminate against patients based on gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2016/09/...ols-hippocratic-oath

My preference is for an oath that has stood the test of time, 2400 yrs. +.

10 Apr 2022 09:32 - 10 Apr 2022 09:55 #17 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Hippocratic Oath bans abortion and euthanasia. Why are Democrats against this long time principle of medicine?

www.medicinenet.com/hippocratic_oath/definition.htm

PRESENT VERSION

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

SO, u r saying that the above TWO SENTENCES r not somethin u agree with?

The modern version of the Hippocratic Oath was written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University..........ALMOST 60 YEARS AGO.....(being current and cutting edge is a HUGE
undertaking.)

18 Apr 2022 07:11 #18 by homeagain

ramage wrote: From your reference:

"I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art." 4th century B.C.

If you do not prefer the Lasagna version written circa 1965 you have others to choose from:

Similarly, students at New York Medical College, Tulane University, and the University of California, San Francisco, all vow not to discriminate against patients based on gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.'

Similarly, students at New York Medical College, Tulane University, and the University of California, San Francisco, all vow not to discriminate against patients based on gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
www.advisory.com/daily-briefing/2016/09/...ols-hippocratic-oath

My preference is for an oath that has stood the test of time, 2400 yrs. +.

coloradosun.com/2022/04/18/transgender-m...96&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH....doctors who treat children and their pov.

We believe that stopping or withholding gender-affirming care is a violation of our Hippocratic oath to “do no harm” because doing so will lead some children to endure profound mental anguish and even attempt suicide. However, when faced with such threats to our livelihood and our personal freedom, how can we possibly uphold our professional obligation to do what is right for our patients?

18 Apr 2022 07:51 #19 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
How do you define a vested interest?

" threats to our livelihood "

18 Apr 2022 09:06 - 18 Apr 2022 09:07 #20 by homeagain
vested interest from a PEDIATRICIANS POINT OF VIEW (was that your field of expertise?)

For pediatricians, this is personal. In our daily work in hospitals and clinics, we routinely see the pain that transgender children suffer due to bullying at school, lack of acceptance at home, and a deep-seated feeling that they just don’t belong. Here in Colorado, we watch as these experiences lead our patients to perform poorly in school, experiment with substance use, engage in self-harm, and attempt suicide.

Too many times, we have stood beside parents as they grapple with the unimaginable pain and sorrow following their child’s completed or attempted death by suicide. We would do anything in our power to prevent these tragedies from happening.

Since u subscribe to this and r RETIRED...I would assume being current is NOT your forte'
''my preference is for the oath that has stood the test of time,2,400+ old.''

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds