Polis Signs Abortion Law

18 Apr 2022 09:51 #21 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
Since u subscribe to this and r RETIRED...I would assume being current is NOT your forte'
''my preference is for the oath that has stood the test of time,2,400+ old.''

You should realize that the article you have cited was written by 2 residents in the pediatric program at Anschutz. They are pediatricians in training, that is the definition of a residency. They are not practicing pediatricians.

Finally, I subscribe to and affirm the Hippocratic Oath in existence for 4000+ yrs. If you think that changing a moral position on whims of society is being current, you are sadly misinformed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2022 11:21 - 18 Apr 2022 11:22 #22 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law
We could use a couple of decades of today's policies of radical changes, whether chemical or physical, to see the outcome of today's policies.

18 Apr 2022 11:35 #23 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law

ramage wrote: Since u subscribe to this and r RETIRED...I would assume being current is NOT your forte'

You should realize that the article you have cited was written by 2 residents in the pediatric program at Anschutz. They are pediatricians in training, that is the definition of a residency. They are not practicing pediatricians.

Finally, I subscribe to and affirm the Hippocratic Oath in existence for 4000+ yrs. If you think that changing a moral position on whims of society is being current, you are sadly misinformed.

As members of the Colorado Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, we stand with our colleagues across the nation ........ seems like there r MANY,within the field ,that see the reality of
being compassion and OPEN TO THEIR PATIENTS......AND LISTEN ,RATHER THAN JUDGE.

18 Apr 2022 11:40 #24 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Since u subscribe to this and r RETIRED...I would assume being current is NOT your forte'

NOT A PROBLEM, but if u wish to remain relevant.....CHANGE is ALWAYS A CONSTANT. and can not be
rendered otherwise.

18 Apr 2022 11:53 #25 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: The Hippocratic Oath bans abortion and euthanasia. Why are Democrats against this long time principle of medicine?

www.medicinenet.com/hippocratic_oath/definition.htm

PRESENT VERSION

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

SO, u r saying that the above TWO SENTENCES r not somethin u agree with?

The modern version of the Hippocratic Oath was written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University..........ALMOST 60 YEARS AGO.....(being current and cutting edge is a HUGE
undertaking.)

U never answered the above question.......what would be your mindset?

18 Apr 2022 11:58 #26 by homeagain

Mary Scott wrote: We could use a couple of decades of today's policies of radical changes, whether chemical or physical, to see the outcome of today's policies.

[/b]

WELL, that would be the present children and grandchildren who will inherit this earth, one can HOPE it is a FAR BETTER existence.

18 Apr 2022 12:32 #27 by ramage
"NOT A PROBLEM, but if u wish to remain relevant.....CHANGE is ALWAYS A CONSTANT. and can not be
rendered otherwise."

If you believe that one must change a moral position because of current social mores, I am sorry for you.

"WELL, that would be the present children and grandchildren who will inherit this earth, one can HOPE it is a FAR BETTER existence."
In that you have, as they say "no skin in the game" is it not presumptuous of you to tell us what is best for our children and grandchildren?

Finally, does you computer skip lines so that your posts are not coherent? Or is it your use of ellipse marks that cause the confusion. In that ellipse marks (...) indicate that something was omitted, I am hard pressed to understand your comments. Perhaps posting in declarative sentences would be beneficial.

18 Apr 2022 13:03 #28 by Mary Scott
Replied by Mary Scott on topic Polis Signs Abortion Law

homeagain wrote:

Mary Scott wrote: We could use a couple of decades of today's policies of radical changes, whether chemical or physical, to see the outcome of today's policies.

[/b]

WELL, that would be the present children and grandchildren who will inherit this earth, one can HOPE it is a FAR BETTER existence.

I'm sorry, the thread got away from me, I was referring to this post of yours mentioning transgender children.

vested interest from a PEDIATRICIANS POINT OF VIEW (was that your field of expertise?)

For pediatricians, this is personal. In our daily work in hospitals and clinics, we routinely see the pain that transgender children suffer due to bullying at school, lack of acceptance at home, and a deep-seated feeling that they just don’t belong. Here in Colorado, we watch as these experiences lead our patients to perform poorly in school, experiment with substance use, engage in self-harm, and attempt suicide.

Too many times, we have stood beside parents as they grapple with the unimaginable pain and sorrow following their child’s completed or attempted death by suicide. We would do anything in our power to prevent these tragedies from happening.

18 Apr 2022 13:22 - 18 Apr 2022 13:42 #29 by homeagain

ramage wrote: "NOT A PROBLEM, but if u wish to remain relevant.....CHANGE is ALWAYS A CONSTANT. and can not be
rendered otherwise."

If you believe that one must change a moral position because of current social mores, I am sorry for you.

"WELL, that would be the present children and grandchildren who will inherit this earth, one can HOPE it is a FAR BETTER existence."
In that you have, as they say "no skin in the game" is it not presumptuous of you to tell us what is best for our children and grandchildren?

Finally, does you computer skip lines so that your posts are not coherent? Or is it your use of ellipse marks that cause the confusion. In that ellipse marks (...) indicate that something was omitted, I am hard pressed to understand your comments. Perhaps posting in declarative sentences would be beneficial.

bolded tells me that slavery was an acceptable practice from the past (putting U into that time period OR that woman should not have the privilege of voting.......OR that woman should remain in the home and
NOT work or have an opinion.,is that what u r stating/believing? OF COURSE an individual is required to
evolve,change and hopeful in a MORE enlightened manner. IF my posts r so incorrect, why even bother to respond?

I am puzzled at your lack of updated medical knowledge, when u r NOT aware of the number of values in
a thyroid panel, OR that a DNR is a medical directive that U would by pass and give CPR......when it is explicitly NOT WANTED/REQUIRED. I have watched your responses and they r frightening.

THIS is an example of enlighten and compassionate medical decisions,doctors today face horrific choices because of advanced medicine/practices that were not available even a decade ago, they can deliver devastating information that turns a person's world upside down. THAT takes a physician who SEES
the person and can be compassionate (remember the UPDATED Hippocratic oath)........the antiquated
oath does NOT take these factors into consideration.

www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/

COMPASSION in a cruel life experience....where is YOUR compassion for couples who have to consider the unthinkable ??????

18 Apr 2022 15:12 #30 by ramage
Do you understand the difference between a moral position and an acceptable practice? I think not.

" IF my posts r so incorrect, why even bother to respond?"
As Alexander Pope wrote in his Essay on Man, "Hope springs eternal in the human breast..." I hope to show you the errors in your thinking. Also I dislike the spreading of falsehoods.

I am puzzled at your lack of updated medical knowledge, when u r NOT aware of the number of values in
a thyroid panel, OR that a DNR is a medical directive that U would by pass and give CPR......when it is explicitly NOT WANTED/REQUIRED. I have watched your responses and they r frightening.

Do you mean the range of the individual thyroid test resutls or as you say " the number of values in a thyroid panel." The latter makes no sense.

"COMPASSION in a cruel life experience....where is YOUR compassion for couples who have to consider the unthinkable ??????"

Stick with emotions, logic and reasoning are difficult processes.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds