4 Mercury Retrogrades In 2022!

25 Apr 2022 13:40 #31 by homeagain
HEY RICK, thought your mother (or some relative) was astrology minded???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2022 13:48 #32 by ramage
"..it's a CONSTELLATION,not a zodiac sign." right. Of course you realize that all the "signs of the Zodiac" are constellations. Zodiac is a word of a collection of constellations.
"zodiac (n.)
late 14c., from Old French zodiaque, from Latin zodiacus "zodiac," from Greek zodiakos (kyklos) "zodiac (circle)," literally "circle of little animals," from zodiaion, diminutive of zoion "animal" (from PIE root *gwei- "to live").

I guess you don't see the humor in my posting. Sorry if I have offended your religion.

25 Apr 2022 13:53 #33 by homeagain
NO worries.....not A religion (I am GNOSTIC)...that is NOT agnostic....just as clarification

25 Apr 2022 18:56 #34 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 4 Mercury Retrogrades In 2022!

homeagain wrote: HEY RICK, thought your mother (or some relative) was astrology minded???

Oh she is 100% and reminds me a lot of you, which is why I've come to like you most of the time. That said, I can like or love people who I think are a little nutty at times and I'm sure she feels the same way about me and my love of our constitution and the founders who gave us this once great system that's being destroyed.

When I ask you a question about facts, it's just an attempt to understand why you believe what you believe. If what you believe is based on facts, just show me the facts and I'll be satisfied and I'll admit my skepticism was not warranted.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2022 07:39 #35 by homeagain
The best description of my way of walking thru life is....I am an outlier . ASTROLOGY fits within that framework. I became CONVINCED that the practice(or philosophy) was authentic and worthy of further
investigation,when at the age of 30 (after my one and only divorce) I answered an ad in THE WESTWORD.

''ACCREDITED Astrologist . reading by phone or in person". I called and all she asked for was my birth date,
EXACT time of birth (preferable from your B.C.) and birth location...city and state. Name and telephone number and we set a date for a taped reading. (this was BEFORE computer generated charts).

The subject was band new to me,but she was "dead on" about things happening in my life,how I think and
told me things that I was unaware of (I verified them with my mother and the facts were accurate). It was then I took up a new "hobby". I am a novice,NOT a professional and the subject is EXTREMELY NUANCED.

I already adore your mother,because of her open mindedness. :snuggle:

Just as a note of interest....KABBALAH ( a subset of the Judaism) is ancient and astrology is a prominent component of the practice.

26 Apr 2022 09:16 #36 by Rick
Like I tell my stepmom, I'm never going to judge anyone for what they believe when it comes to unproveable subjects like religion. If you believe in something that gives your life more meaning, I'm all for it. When someone tells me that what they believe is a factual reality, that's when I start asking for the facts to back up the claim.

On the same note, if I can't disprove your beliefs with facts, you may very well be right or you may be wrong. I try my best to always remember there's a big difference between knowledge and belief.

If someone has a more fulfilling life because of a strong belief in something that can't be proven, I think that's just as important as having a wealth of knowledge that can be proven.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2022 14:57 #37 by homeagain
What a GREAT post,Rick.....too bad we can't get a cocktail at a bistro and "debate any number of debacles".

:bounceball: :loveMMT: :

26 Apr 2022 19:08 #38 by Rick
If I was to give up my obsession with politics, that would be great. One of the reasons I post my opinions on these forums is because I can debate politics with people I don't know in the real world. Once I know you personally, I'm not going to talk politics again unless you're somewhat on the same page as me.

Once I move out of this city and into a small town somewhere. I'm going to take up some kind of other hobby, like cows, chickens, and fishing.

George Orwell

27 Apr 2022 06:58 #39 by homeagain
Do u have an ETA on the move...how's the house "re do" coming along?

27 Apr 2022 07:20 #40 by Rick
Sadly I'm pretty heart broken right now. The lodge we had been negotiating to buy was sold out from under us. There were several lodges for sale in the Bighorn Mountains and this one was the one that needed the most work but was affordable.

The guy that bought it was initially only interested in two lodges which included a ski area, but the sellers (who owned 4 lodges) decided to sweeten the deal and through in the lodge we were trying to buy. It's called Deer Haven Lodge and has been closed for a few years. We had come to an agreement on the price and I was about to drive up there to seal the deal when realtor called and said the other buyer is getting that lodge as part of a package deal.

Anyway, we are still planning on moving out of Lakewood but now have no plan as to where we will go. My oldest daughter is in Laramie and loves it but I want to be in the mountains. My other two kids are in the metro area so we want to be within 6 hours of Denver but not in Colorado. Options are slim but I'm searching every day..

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds