OUR COUNTRY IS IN GOOD HANDS

29 May 2022 16:38 - 29 May 2022 16:45 #11 by homeagain

ramage wrote: "I typed what I intended...."
ramage wrote: "Our country has NO leadership..."
Please do not intentionally ascribe your words to my authorship.
It reflects poorly on your character.

HUH???? your statement seems ODD....I typed what I intended,there is NO LEADERSHIP(FOR MANY YEARS NOW) ON GUN LAWS/CONTROL.

www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/may/2...ailure-gun-legislat/

"If Your Time is short

• In the wrangling over gun-related bills in 2013, then-Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., set a 60-vote threshold for all amendments as a response to the Republicans’ own threats to filibuster what Democrats wanted to pass.

• Republicans unanimously agreed to the 60-vote threshold for all amendments offered by Reid.

• The Cruz-Grassley amendment attracted majority support, but not 60 votes. Democratic amendments with majority support were, in turn, filibustered by Republicans.
See the sources for this fact-check"

this game OF ONE UPSMANSHIP HAS TO CEASE......so when I say they are all complicit and there is no leadership...THAT IS WHAT I MEAN.

ABSORB THIS ASININE INFORMATION......

A review of the legislative wrangling from 2013 shows that Cruz accurately explained the voting on the Grassley-Cruz amendment. However, Cruz is wrong to suggest that only Democrats were to blame for the amendment’s failure. Cruz’s statement leaves out his own party’s use of the very same tool — the 60-vote requirement to break a filibuster — in order to block other measures that were able to secure majority support in the chamber.

WTF......a dysfunction disaster that has been existing for almost a decade...and u wonder why NOTHING GETS ACCOMPLISHED.....Change the paradigm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 May 2022 07:35 #12 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic OUR COUNTRY IS IN GOOD HANDS
HA, you wrote the statement "Our country has NO leadership..." Not me. I quoted your post.
Is that so difficult to understand?

30 May 2022 08:06 #13 by homeagain
HERE is that exact exchange...U QUESTIONED MY STATEMENT ,I RESPONDED THAT I MEANT WHAT I TYPED .....I BELIEVE YOUR INTERPRETATION OF WHAT WAS POSTED IS WRONG.

ramage wrote: "Our country has NO leadership..."

A point on which I can agree with HA.
Unfortunately, you got what you voted for.

[/b]

THAT PHRASE is the problem of this p.o.s........BOTH PARTIES R USELESS,WHEN CRUZ AND TRUMP CAN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE (AND DO THE RIGHT THING).....THEY R equally at fault....everyone is implicit in this p.o.s.

unfortunately the BOLDED did not get bolded....

30 May 2022 08:44 - 30 May 2022 08:44 #14 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic OUR COUNTRY IS IN GOOD HANDS
HA,
Let's try it this way;

Did you or did not say, "Our country as NO leadership..."?

This is a copy of your post.

29 May 2022 07:04
Our country has NO leadership.....is this a newsflash to you (collectively)? The blame is set squarely on the
shoulders of those who do NOT demand accountability and integrity.AND those who "follow,rather than lead".

30 May 2022 09:25 #15 by homeagain
DONE....dance alone

30 May 2022 09:57 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic OUR COUNTRY IS IN GOOD HANDS
Having just read this thread, I just can’t understand the willingness to discuss our CURRENT leadership.

Let’s say I found a guy to mow my lawn last year and he did a pretty good job and he always left with the lawn looking good, I would be happy. But, his mower was super loud and annoying and my wife and neighbor really hated him, so this year I let my wife pick someone. She found a young fella down the street with a new electric mower that you could barely hear. She and my neighbor are thrilled because they are no longer annoyed by that loud smoking mower.

But now I’m pissed because he’s missing spots, cutting it way to short so it gets unhealthy and weeds start taking over. Then I find out he’s stoned most of the time and keeps chopping flowers because he’s not paying attention.

I now want him gone because I know it’s only going to get worse. But my wife, she will not discuss how he’s doing because she picked him. All she can get herself to do is remind me about how loud and annoying my guy was, the guy who did a great job on our lawn.

If you are unwilling to discuss the consequences of your choices, then you should never expect anyone else to either.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 May 2022 10:07 #17 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: Is it that difficult for you to understand?
Slo Joe has been in Charge since Jan. 2021. He is, as he said at the USNA "I am the Commander in Chief" .
Trump is not in office, Cruz is a U.S. Senator.

Perhaps you should read your posts before submitting. As you said " Our country has NO leadership..."
Your words not mine.

I typed what I intended.....Clinton was leader in Columbine,Obama during theater shooting,HOWEVER
here's what TRUMP talked about during his last term

www.cnn.com/2017/11/01/politics/trump-vegas-nyc/index.html

On October 1, a man shot and killed 58 people at an outdoor concert in Las Vegas – the largest mass murder in modern American history.

On October 3, President Donald Trump was asked about the impact of the shooting on current gun laws – and possible future gun control measures. He said that his administration and Congress would “be talking about gun laws as time goes by.” Trump was also asked whether the shooting was an act of domestic terrorism. He declined to answer.

On October 4, in Las Vegas, Trump was again asked about possible legislative action on guns. “We’re not going to talk about that today,” he responded. “We won’t talk about that.”

EVERY FRIGGIN POTUS HAS DODGED THE DECISION AND WE(COLLECTIVELY) HAVE ALLOWED THAT TO HAPPEN.

[/b]

everyone is implicit,how is that defending the current administration?

30 May 2022 11:05 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic OUR COUNTRY IS IN GOOD HANDS
Every POTUS has given their opinions about how to deal with the problem. One side wants to blame the guns and the other side blames the shooter.
One side thinks more laws will cure the problem and the other thinks better security is the best answer.

Your party currently has all the power, so if you know the answer, please tell us what you would like the people you voted for to do. Tell us what they could do right now that would make parents feel good about sending their kids to a public school. If making a school as secure as a courthouse, please tell us what your solution is.

You've had many years to think about it, so surely you have your own opinion that doesn't require the copying and bolding of someone else's words.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 May 2022 23:33 #19 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: q.

everyone is implicit,how is that defending the current administration?

Asked and answered.

01 Jun 2022 17:56 #20 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: Having just read this thread, I just can’t understand the willingness to discuss our CURRENT leadership.

Let’s say I found a guy to mow my lawn last year and he did a pretty good job and he always left with the lawn looking good, I would be happy. But, his mower was super loud and annoying and my wife and neighbor really hated him, so this year I let my wife pick someone. She found a young fella down the street with a new electric mower that you could barely hear. She and my neighbor are thrilled because they are no longer annoyed by that loud smoking mower.

But now I’m pissed because he’s missing spots, cutting it way to short so it gets unhealthy and weeds start taking over. Then I find out he’s stoned most of the time and keeps chopping flowers because he’s not paying attention.

I now want him gone because I know it’s only going to get worse. But my wife, she will not discuss how he’s doing because she picked him. All she can get herself to do is remind me about how loud and annoying my guy was, the guy who did a great job on our lawn.

If you are unwilling to discuss the consequences of your choices, then you should never expect anyone else to either.

Love your comparison of Biden and Trump.
:gardening: :flagwave: :memorialrib

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds