TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH

31 May 2022 07:40 #11 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: Put in place,rational,REASONABLE and responsible laws, CLOSING LOOPHOLES AND stopping the partisanship........

MAKE mental health monies a priority.....STRUCTURE A COHESIVE plan to create
a program for better assessment and treatment facilities.

You know HA, you're going to turn me into a nice guy if you keep giving me YOUR opinion, with details
:moodexcited

Now back to being a jerk...

Ok, so everything on your list gets enacted as we speak, and I'll even give you a ban on future sales of scary looking guns like AR-15's.

Tomorrow you're sending your kids to school... how much time will go by before your list makes kids at school significantly safer? How confident would you be with that list as your children's shield from evil?

[/b]

IF all suggestions were implemented,the timeframe would be about a decade (7 -10 years).....that means
THE BABIES BORN THIS YEAR,MIGHT have a normal childhood while attending school.

THE PROBLEM...is the multitude of children who have entered into adulthood recently,their life experience
WILL create many mental problems (PTSD). Having a cohesive mental curriculum is place WILL be
MANDATORY,NOT JUST A OPTION.

www.thecut.com/2022/05/a-columbine-survi...uvalde-shooting.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2022 08:03 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH
Wow, ok. So with those solutions that don't include armed protection/deterrence and building fortification/deterrence, you're telling parents they have to wait another 10 years until their children will be safe. I'm pretty sure most parents would not be ok with that timeline... just a guess.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Jun 2022 13:59 #13 by FredHayek
Calm down everyone. It isn't like one percent of students are dying in bloody school hallways. Much more likely to die in a car accident or drug overdose.
Gun deaths? Over 50% are suicides, so I don't see an easy way to fix that.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jun 2022 18:27 #14 by Rick
You're right, it is a small risk to be in a school and to be killed, but that statistic doesn't help calm the fears of parents who have been waterboarded by the blood thirsty media. It just makes sense to give schools some common sense protection that would at least give parents a sense that their children matter as much as government employees who do get armed protection.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Jun 2022 18:33 #15 by Rick
HA, since you despise Texas so much, how about we talk about what California is doing and you can give me YOUR honest opinion.

The California State Senate has passed a bill that would allow schools not to report threats or attacks against employees or officials to law enforcement, despite the ongoing national shock and outrage over the Uvalde, Texas, mass school shooting.

The bill, SB 1273, introduced by State Sen. Steven Bradford (D-Los Angeles), passed easily last Thursday — just two days after the Uvalde shooting, in which an 18-year-old gunman murdered 19 children and two teachers in an elementary school.

Here's the justification... tell me how this makes any sense at all...

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has praised the Bradford bill as promoting racial “equity”: “Once students make contact with law enforcement, they are less likely to graduate high school and more likely to wind up in jail or prison. These harms fall disproportionately on students from marginalized groups: Black, Indigenous, and Latinx students, as well as students with disabilities, are disproportionately referred to law enforcement, cited, and arrested” (original emphasis).

Proponents claim the bill will “protect students from unnecessary interactions with law enforcement.”

Sen. Bradford told the Daily Caller: “Our existing system has led to alarming disparities in the type of students who are most likely to suffer these harms. Black students, Latinx students, students of color, and students with disabilities are disproportionately referred to law enforcement, cited, and arrested.

So, they don't want violent kids to be reported to police because most of them are minorites. Sound familiar? Do you see any problems with this 'logic'?

www.breitbart.com/education/2022/06/01/c...t-to-report-threats/

George Orwell

02 Jun 2022 09:21 #16 by FredHayek
New York state now wants to ban body armor. They definitely don't want children to be protected from psycho gunmen. Meanwhile parents are buying backpacks that have armored panels in them to help hide from bullets.
My nephew got them for his children. They are in the Cherry Creek school district.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Jun 2022 15:17 #17 by homeagain
OF COURSE, I see something seriously warped. California is a "foreign country" onto it's own...just like Texas is off the charts (in the lower 48 states), U have two extremes,but then THAT IS THE PROBLEM ACROSS THE NATION. No moderates. Could common sense assist in the problems AMERICA IS CONFRONTED WITH????

Common sense some how just vanished a very long time ago.

WATCH WHAT HAPPENS

www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-gun-c...rk-second-amendment/

02 Jun 2022 15:28 #18 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH
If Texas and California are extremes at either end of a spectrum, where do you put Florida?

02 Jun 2022 15:53 #19 by homeagain
s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=5...linknum=4&linktot=47

HERE'S THE reality.....AND IT IS BULLSHIT

Republicans’ wish list

It’s short. Very short.

To “secure” schools: Senate Republicans have legislation that would require the federal government to put together best practices for school security. Some of the further-right Republicans also want to arm and train more security officers. Today, Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) suggested putting veterans in schools to help guard them.

And that’s about it from Republicans. So you can see why it’s so hard to come to a compromise, even a small one.

02 Jun 2022 15:58 #20 by homeagain
TO RAMAGE...Florida has a DIFFERENT population and perhaps a "little" less in your face (Texas),but it would round out the TRIFECTA of totally toasted.....NO common sense.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds