TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH

04 Jun 2022 09:22 #31 by homeagain

Rick wrote: Ok HA, name a current gun law that works. You can say gun laws work till you're blue in the face but you'll eventually have to look at statistics and admit they don't.

If you really do want to protect children from evil people who want to kill them, I don't understand why giving them the same kind of protection we give our politicians is so unreasonable. If you were a parent, you wouldn't think your kids would be safer with more gun laws. That's like saying our border would be more secure with more strict immigration laws.

READ WHAT A SURVIVOR OF COLUMBINE HAS TO SAY....i just posted the topic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2022 10:10 #32 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Ok HA, name a current gun law that works. You can say gun laws work till you're blue in the face but you'll eventually have to look at statistics and admit they don't.

If you really do want to protect children from evil people who want to kill them, I don't understand why giving them the same kind of protection we give our politicians is so unreasonable. If you were a parent, you wouldn't think your kids would be safer with more gun laws. That's like saying our border would be more secure with more strict immigration laws.

READ WHAT A SURVIVOR OF COLUMBINE HAS TO SAY....i just posted the topic.

No thank you. If you can't summarize anything in your own words I'll just pass.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Jun 2022 14:25 #33 by homeagain
OH BUT, I have posted a summary of MY pov on the subject and U even agreed and posted a kudos.....

coloradosun.com/2022/05/31/mass-shooting...74&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

and here is PROOF of actions taken and problem resolved....IT CAN BE DONE

In the U.K., it took just one mass shooting to prompt a major gun control law. After a shooter killed 16 people in a rural town 60 miles outside London in 1987, the government outlawed semi-automatic weapons the following year.

Other U.K. laws have created extensive universal background checks, require a private gun license to be renewed every five years and allow for that license to be revoked should a gun owner be deemed a public safety threat. In the U.S., we have none of that, at least not federally.

04 Jun 2022 19:51 #34 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: OH BUT, I have posted a summary of MY pov on the subject and U even agreed and posted a kudos.....

coloradosun.com/2022/05/31/mass-shooting...74&mc_eid=86d8ec5269

and here is PROOF of actions taken and problem resolved....IT CAN BE DONE

In the U.K., it took just one mass shooting to prompt a major gun control law. After a shooter killed 16 people in a rural town 60 miles outside London in 1987, the government outlawed semi-automatic weapons the following year.

Other U.K. laws have created extensive universal background checks, require a private gun license to be renewed every five years and allow for that license to be revoked should a gun owner be deemed a public safety threat. In the U.S., we have none of that, at least not federally.

Some countries are more nanny states than others. If you really fear that you are unsafe in America, please emigrate to a nanny state with more anti-gun laws. Canada has many gun laws. Mexico has even more, but strangely a much higher homicide rate than the US. There is an anecdote that gun laws don't decrease the murder rate.

Communist China has very strict gun laws too, and the government used their guns to kill 20 million dissident civilians.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jun 2022 08:03 #35 by homeagain
If you really fear that you are unsafe in America, please emigrate to a nanny state with more anti-gun laws.

NICE FRED......

6abc.com/philadelphia-mass-shooting-cent...eet-philly/11928387/

Might as well move to Beirut .......SEVERAL SHOOTERS SIGHT THEIR VICTIMS.

20 Jun 2022 11:14 #36 by homeagain
www.newsweek.com/texas-secede-us-2023-go...s-referendum-1717254

Under a section titled "State Sovereignty," the platform states: "Pursuant to Article 1, Section 1, of the Texas Constitution, the federal government has impaired our right of local self-government. Therefore, federally mandated legislation that infringes upon the 10th Amendment rights of Texas should be ignored, opposed, refused, and nullified.

"Texas retains the right to secede from the United States, and the Texas Legislature should be called upon to pass a referendum consistent thereto."

AHEM.....as always.TEXAS talks trash...BECAUSE....

The U.S. Constitution makes no provision for states to secede and in 1869, the Supreme Court ruled in Texas v. White that states cannot unilaterally secede from the Union.

I say.free the fools and let them find out it's a far different world......BALLS?? bail out and let's see the
outcome.

20 Jun 2022 11:54 #37 by FredHayek
I hope Congress changes that rule and lets California secede from the Union. They need their freedom.

20 Jun 2022 18:44 #38 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH
Texas would do just fine and California would turn into Venezuela.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

21 Jun 2022 07:59 #39 by homeagain
www.ksat.com/news/local/2022/06/19/polic...-gunman-reports-say/

A source told ABC News on Sunday that police officers didn’t attempt to open two doors that were connected to the classrooms where a gunman was opening fire on children for 77 minutes after arriving on the scene

IF THEY CAN'T PROTECT CHILDREN,because of lack of courage,learning or. logic,I think they (TEXANS)
will have a hell of a time "minding" the mules coming thru by the cartels....it appears the state is HANDICAPPED BY non FORWARD THINKING GOV.:flagwave: :flagwave: Let them leave the union,the logic behind that laughable.

21 Jun 2022 10:17 #40 by FredHayek
Did you forget that Jefferson County SWAT teams also left kids bleeding out at Columbine twenty plus years ago while they waited outside? Does Colorado also talk trash?

And the irony of the Columbine deaths were the shooters were lying dead there for an hour before police had the courage to enter the building.

And the Democrats response? Disarm more citizens!

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds