TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH

23 Jun 2022 07:10 #51 by homeagain

Rick wrote: What does the mindset of Alaskans have to do with the police officers in one tiny town in Texas? I lived there too and I know full well about how Alaskans feel about the lower 48, but that means nothing. Alaska has the highest rate of suicide too, but you can’t use that statistic to describe the average Alaskan resident.

You keep trying to paint with broad brushes and it just comes off as silly. A mental case shot up a gun free school and the officers in that town (or the police chief) were cowards.

If you don’t want cowards on police forces, STOP VOTING FOR DEMOCRATS! That would be a good start.

NOW THERE IS A COMICAL COMMENT.....the tirade of terse and tiring posts about Democrats fits nicely in to the bolded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jun 2022 07:25 #52 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: I am uncomfortable with people that think states define someone. Texas has conservatives and liberals. Alaska has good hardworking citizens but it also has methheads. Colorado? Everyone from 4th generation ranchers in South Park to new immigrants to America.

I have never lived in the south (until 2001-2004),so the southern style was foreign to me (and altho I had heard of the rhetoric regarding the "fake nice to your face"....I was not prepared for the blatant,but down low
racism).....the "all sweetness and nice, facade." I found the attitude dishonest and disgusting. I was Elated when we sold the house and came home to Colorado.....U know, sayings r born from a bead of truth....THAT IS WHAT I FOUND.

23 Jun 2022 07:27 #53 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Fred,
please understand that those lacking the mental faculties to formulate an opinion are eager to lump people into a generic group so that they can cast ad hominem pejoratives at the group. Don't ask them to explain how O'Rourke and Cruz are alike other than they reside in Texas. Or to show what they perceive to be lack of differentiation between Palin and Begich, because they are Alaskans.

why thank you...U JUST DESCRIBED HOW THE TRUMPERS OPERATE.

23 Jun 2022 13:36 #54 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic TEXAS,AS ALWAYS,TALKS TRASH

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: Fred,
please understand that those lacking the mental faculties to formulate an opinion are eager to lump people into a generic group so that they can cast ad hominem pejoratives at the group. Don't ask them to explain how O'Rourke and Cruz are alike other than they reside in Texas. Or to show what they perceive to be lack of differentiation between Palin and Begich, because they are Alaskans.

why thank you...U JUST DESCRIBED HOW THE TRUMPERS OPERATE.

it’s amazing that you think that way, especially given your age. Are all Colorado residents stoners so nice there’s a whole bunch of Colorado stingers living here?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Jun 2022 14:50 #55 by homeagain
specially given your age. Are all Colorado residents stoners so nice there’s a whole bunch of Colorado stingers living here?

I have absolutely NO IDEA what this means????

23 Jun 2022 20:25 #56 by Rick
The topic of this thread is what I'm referring to. Are you talking about Texans in general or Texas politicians? I'm assuming you mean Texan citizens who include a growing number of people from leftist hellholes who are escaping the realy bad policies.

I have a friend that calls Colorado 'stonerville' because he lumps all people into the same basket even though he maybe knows 10 people in this state, including me.

It's just a bad way to describe large groups of people because it only villifies and divides, which in the case of police, it can lead to more crime and more death.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jun 2022 06:16 #57 by homeagain
I am talking about BOTH.....until recently, the political side was not on my radar,WITH ABORTION BEING
ABOLISHED(generally) AND the gun laws Texas put into place..AND wanting to separate from the "other states" THAT WILL NOT DO,MY WAY OR THE HYWAY......it only CONFIRMS what I have seen in the private citizen of Texas. (collectively)..... U were going to be a lodge owner, YOU do not have the experience of
dealing with I have the money AND the balls....THIS is what I want.

Our family friend in Alaska,ran a lodge (remember THIS was many years ago) he was also a pilot and had
subs flying for him......THE DEMAND AND EXPECTATION,the demeanor of TEXANS coming up to hunt
and utilizing his lodge and guide services was,to put it kindly,was RUDE. I mean what I say, for the most part TEXAS has become intolerable.

24 Jun 2022 07:56 #58 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Our family friend in Alaska,ran a lodge (remember THIS was many years ago) he was also a pilot and had
subs flying for him......THE DEMAND AND EXPECTATION,the demeanor of TEXANS coming up to hunt
and utilizing his lodge and guide services was,to put it kindly,was RUDE. I mean what I say, for the most part TEXAS has become intolerable.

Besides being not scientific at all, you fail to realize that states like Texas have different types of people, just like CA and NY. People who live in the big cities like Austin, Dallas, and Houston are going to be vastly different than the people who live in rural areas.
We know this because the big cities are generally dominated by Democrats and rural are Republicans.

You can continue with your lumping of people by state but you really need to realize how many people you're talking about and how different they really are.

George Orwell

24 Jun 2022 08:44 #59 by homeagain

Rick wrote: The topic of this thread is what I'm referring to. Are you talking about Texans in general or Texas politicians? I'm assuming you mean Texan citizens who include a growing number of people from leftist hellholes who are escaping the realy bad policies.

I have a friend that calls Colorado 'stonerville' because he lumps all people into the same basket even though he maybe knows 10 people in this state, including me.

It's just a bad way to describe large groups of people because it only villifies and divides, which in the case of police, it can lead to more crime and more death.

I am a 3 gen Coloradan ....the changes I have seen since MJ legalized r little dis concerning....and I am not talking about the occasional use,of which most people fall into..I am talking about how it transforms the
"fabric" of society and what follows it. VAPING is worsening medical problem,KNOWING YOUR SOURCE
because anything can be "cut" to increase profit.

I live in a rural (non metropolitan) town.....the "vib" is judgemental, NOT diverse and somewhat stifling.
(with the tsunami of newbies,it is BEGINNING to be less stifling.

Crop producers (OLATHE SWEET CORN),POTATOES etc. were told CBD is where the money is,they switched production and r finding the field over crowded and a money loser.

SO, IN A WAY YOUR FRIEND IS SOMEWHAT CORRECT.

1. RURAL and metro r still problems,just in a different way.
2. CRIME has increased here and big city problems r present.
3.MORE IMPORTANTLY U WILL NOT TELL ME WHAT I CAN AND CANNOT DO WITH MY BODY.(WHICH IS THE GENESIS OF MY TIRADE)
I

24 Jun 2022 09:06 #60 by Rick
I think you'd probably fit in better in a big liberal city where babies can be killed in the 9th month... why not just move to where you feel more comfortable?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds