The Red Wave Cometh

26 Jun 2022 11:25 #21 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The Red Wave Cometh
www.businessinsider.com/republicans-fear...-losing-issue-2022-6

Some Republicans fear the abortion ruling could give Democrats ammunition to attack them and mobilize voters, Politico reported, based on interviews with more than a dozen GOP strategists and officials.

"This is not a conversation we want to have," Republican strategist John Thomas told Politico. "We want to have a conversation about the economy. We want to have a conversation about Joe Biden, about pretty much anything else besides Roe. This is a losing issue for Republicans."

NOT just my singular suggestion.....U underestimate the magnitude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jun 2022 11:52 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic The Red Wave Cometh
Then stop dancing around the question and just give me you election predictions. I don’t care what other people think, I just care about what you think. If you don’t think the Democrats are going to be crushed just say they won’t be crushed. Koobookie was able to do it, but she also didn’t believe Hunters laptop was real, so there’s that.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Jun 2022 12:39 #23 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The Red Wave Cometh
www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/06/fight-ov...-in-post-roe-america

THIS WILL BE THE DECIDING FACTOR.....“We stand ready to work with other arms of the federal government that seek to use their lawful authorities to protect and preserve access to reproductive care,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement after the Supreme Court ruling, adding: “In particular, the FDA has approved the use of the medication Mifepristone. States may not ban Mifepristone based on disagreement with the FDA’s expert judgment about its safety and efficacy.” The White House was even more explicit following the Supreme Court decision, saying in a statement that, “in the face of threats from state officials saying they will try to ban or severely restrict access to medication for reproductive health care,” President Joe Biden “directed the Secretary of Health and Human Services to identify all ways to ensure that mifepristone is as widely accessible as possible.”

IF this is upheld.,the Dems win,either way the R"S r at risk.....by the way, I voted R,as an INDY, for midterm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick

26 Jun 2022 16:04 #24 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
IF this is upheld.,the Dems win,either way the R"S r at risk.....by the way, I voted R,as an INDY, for midterm.

Thank you, now I know what YOU think and not someone esle. I think the Republicans will always be capable of F###ing things up, but if they don't, RvW won't make any difference. The same people who are mad now are many of the same people who wanted everyone to be forced into taking the shot, so those people will always vote for Democrats even if they are headed to the poor house.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Jun 2022 16:18 #25 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
What u fail to realize is this.....it is not just females who will cast a vote for the person who will protect their rights, it is also a VAST COMMUNITY OF LBGTQ....IT IS ALSO the impoverished sector,who r hard working and just spinning their wheels to get ahead.

One more think and I'll let you have the last word for a while... Hispanics are NOT big on killing babies or mutilating young people who are confused because of their teachers or other freaks that say they can change genders. That's a very large group of people and I believe Joe has an approval rating in the mid 20's with them. Their community is much bigger than you realize and they are flooding across our border as I speak (thanks to Joe).

George Orwell

27 Jun 2022 09:09 #26 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic The Red Wave Cometh

Rick wrote: Yet you completely ignore the wants and needs of the life you're so willing to destroy. If you are of the same opinion as Koobookie that the election will be more about abortion rights than about citizens struggling to survive Biden's recession and inflation, PLEASE make that prediction.

OMG! It is not just about abortion! It's about the loss of a right that has been recognized for 50 years! What is next? Gay marriage? Interracial marriage? Contraception? What right will conservatives next take away?

And before you respond "it will never happen," the same thing was said bout abortion rights. Remember, if "they" can take away one right, "they" can take away more.

27 Jun 2022 14:06 #27 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Yet you completely ignore the wants and needs of the life you're so willing to destroy. If you are of the same opinion as Koobookie that the election will be more about abortion rights than about citizens struggling to survive Biden's recession and inflation, PLEASE make that prediction.

OMG! It is not just about abortion! It's about the loss of a right that has been recognized for 50 years! What is next? Gay marriage? Interracial marriage? Contraception? What right will conservatives next take away?

And before you respond "it will never happen," the same thing was said bout abortion rights. Remember, if "they" can take away one right, "they" can take away more.

You telling me something is going to happen doesn't mean it will happen. You and the media you trust didn't think the Hunter laptop was real, yet the rest of us knew it almost two years ago. You need to broaden your news sources and maybe it will help you to keep up on what's actually happening and what is likely to happen. Gay marriage and the other issues you mentioned are just more things to scare the people who think Biden is competent.

George Orwell

27 Jun 2022 14:30 #28 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic The Red Wave Cometh
You think I'm trying to scare you and others? Let me remind you that the marriage equality ruling on June 2015 was a 5-4 decision. It is NOT a stretch to imagine that it could easily now be a 6-3 reversal, especially since Clarence has signaled to the conservative base that he is open to reversing precedents.

27 Jun 2022 18:57 #29 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Red Wave Cometh
Abortion was legal for 50 years but before that, it was illegal for over 150 years in American history so some are picking and choosing their history. And abortion was illegal in most places. And legal in other places, but infanticide was legal some places too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jun 2022 21:45 #30 by Rick

koobookie wrote: You think I'm trying to scare you and others? Let me remind you that the marriage equality ruling on June 2015 was a 5-4 decision. It is NOT a stretch to imagine that it could easily now be a 6-3 reversal, especially since Clarence has signaled to the conservative base that he is open to reversing precedents.

I think if we had common sense abortion laws like they have in the rest of the world, this ruling would likely have never happened. During the last few years we've had states making it legal to kill an unborn child in the third trimester when the baby can live outside the womb. That just isn't accepted anywhere else in the world, yet it's ok right here in Colorado. Many pro-life people like myself accepted the killing when it was 20 weeks or less, but the left pushed and pushed until it became obvios they don't think life begins until the baby is breathing air. We heard Ralph KKK Northam talking about making a newborn comfortable while the doctor and mother decided whether or not to allow it to live. What could be more horrific than that if "we" accept that as a just practtice?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds