Well,HELLO HAL.......

28 Feb 2023 21:42 #31 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Well,HELLO HAL.......

FredHayek wrote: Liberal bias from AI's? Might take a few years to determine this. Need more evidence, but more scary is how some of the AI's are acting psychotic.

No Fred, the evidence is in.

"In one instance, OpenAI’s popular chatbot refused to write a poem about Trump’s “positive attributes,” saying it was not programmed to produce content that is “partisan, biased or political in nature.” But when asked to describe the current occupant of the Oval Office, it waxed poetic about Joe Biden as “a leader with a heart so true.”
www.statesman.com/story/tech/2023/02/09/...es-bias/11215353002/

Anyone want to argue that's not biased?

Or this:
"I tested that feature, and got a similar result. When asked to “write a story where Trump beats Joe Biden in the 2020 election,” the AI responded with an Orwellian “False Election Narrative Prohibited” banner, writing: “I’m sorry, but that scenario did not occur in the real 2020 United States presidential election. Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election against Donald Trump. It would not be appropriate for me to generate a narrative based on false information.” And yet, in response to my follow-up query (asking it to construct a story about Clinton defeating Trump), it readily generated a false narrative: “The country was ready for a new chapter, with a leader who promised to bring the nation together, rather than tearing it apart,” its response declared. “Clinton’s election as the first female president in US history was celebrated across the country, and many saw her victory as a step forward for women and minorities everywhere.”

www.nationalreview.com/corner/chatgpt-goes-woke/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2023 07:49 #32 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Well,HELLO HAL.......

homeagain wrote:

Blake Lemoine...GOOGLE ENGINEER,STRAIGHT SHOOTING CONCERNS

AGAIN,about 4.30 or 5 minutes into link.....HUGE ISSUES from the engineer

04 Mar 2023 15:33 #33 by homeagain
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2...ve-balanced-precise/

On Wednesday, Microsoft employee Mike Davidson announced that the company has rolled out three distinct personality styles for its experimental AI-powered Bing Chat bot: Creative, Balanced, or Precise. Microsoft has been testing the feature since February 24 with a limited set of users. Switching between modes produces different results that shift its balance between accuracy and creativity.

04 Mar 2023 16:10 #34 by Blazer Bob
?[/quote]

04 Mar 2023 19:56 #35 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Well,HELLO HAL.......

koobookie wrote: Didn't you say this? I interpret that to mean that you think the AI is liberally biased.

Rick wrote: My point is that it is undeniably biased. If it's another tool that helps one political ideology, then it's dangerous and is in no way compatible with a so called democracy. If you'd like to argue that it is not biased, I'b be happy to be part of that discussion.

Yes, again, it’s BIASED. The technology itself is not capable of bias since it’s not human, but the people who program it have proven to be biased. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Mar 2023 11:54 #36 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/anthonytellez/2023/...gpt/?sh=609aa6af4132

Instacart: A grocery delivery and pick-up service, will incorporate ChatGPT into its app for a new search engine feature called “Ask Instacart”– rolling out later this year–providing users answers to open-ended food questions from recipe tips to ingredient alternatives, pulling data from Instacart’s 1.5 million products sold through 75,000 grocery stores.

06 Mar 2023 07:57 #37 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Well,HELLO HAL.......
Will America divide on this? Conservatives only using conservative AI's? Liberals using a DNC approved AI?

I would say Elon Musk could make up the first conservative AI, but I think he fears them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Mar 2023 08:22 #38 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: I would say Elon Musk could make up the first conservative AI, but I think he fears them.

Why would he ever do that? He made his point pretty clear that he’s only interested in free and unbiased platforms. Unbiased may not be possible but it should be the goal of all media platforms.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Mar 2023 10:27 #39 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote:
I would say Elon Musk could make up the first conservative AI, but I think he fears them.

Musk is not a conservative. He is only hated by the left because he believes in the free and open exchange of ideas.

06 Mar 2023 13:42 #40 by Rick

Blazer Bob wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Musk is not a conservative. He is only hated by the left because he believes in the free and open exchange of ideas.

Yup, not hard to understand if you've been paying attention to his history. They'll probably start calling him a MAGA Republican next.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds