Colorado Hates Democracy

19 Dec 2023 16:59 #1 by Rick
The Colorado Supreme Court has decided to remove Trump from the ballot, so it looks like "Democracy" isn't something the Democrats care about. Who thinks this is ok? Explain please....

Colorado Supreme Court bars Donald Trump from appearing on the state’s ballot in 2024
www.denverpost.com/2023/12/19/donald-tru...ourt-14th-amendment/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2023 19:12 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Colorado Hates Democracy
Let the voters decide if Trump should be president.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2023 07:27 #3 by Freezeman
Replied by Freezeman on topic Colorado Hates Democracy

FredHayek wrote: Let the voters decide if Trump should be president.

LOL, like they did the last time?

20 Dec 2023 07:56 #4 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Colorado Hates Democracy
Some where I read an article that an option would be on the ballot that states none of the above...could have been satire. Probably an appropriate option.

20 Dec 2023 08:07 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Colorado Hates Democracy

homeagain wrote: Some where I read an article that an option would be on the ballot that states none of the above...could have been satire. Probably an appropriate option.

What do you think about the decision? Do you believe it is in any way justified?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Dec 2023 08:18 #6 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Colorado Hates Democracy
9-0 is the correct equation per Ty Cobb

thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/436...14th-amendment-case/

It is a RADICAL move and I am surprised they did it this early in the process. IF CONVICTED,then the CSC would be correct....and other states should follow with the SAME decision. THIS, my friend, is part of The Fourth Turning....which is in it's fullest measure. GET IN, BUCKLE UP and HOLD ON TIGHT.....the next 9 or so months will be like riding a big bucking bull.

I stated this is the next thread....( software is flaky)

20 Dec 2023 08:59 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Colorado Hates Democracy
Once again the state tries to get involved in a party's primary process. This decision would keep Donald Trump off the ballot off the Republican Party primary in Colorado.

First the state mandated that non-party members could vote in Colorado primaries. Bad idea. You want to participate? Join the party! Colorado makes it easy to do.

The Colorado GOP needs to replace the primary with old school caucuses. Let's stop having the legislature and courts decide who we can nominate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Dec 2023 13:05 - 21 Dec 2023 13:06 #8 by driver8
Replied by driver8 on topic Colorado Hates Democracy
It's been interesting seeing the fascists on MMT ignorantly blathering on about how Colorado hates Democracy... yada yada yada. The Colorado lawsuit was brought by *four Republicans* and *two independents*. Not Democrats. There was a trial with Trump's lawyers putting up a defense. It's all on the record.... it must suck to be a part of a party that eats it's own like the GOP does. Gotta love seeing it tho!

:woohoo: :silly:

21 Dec 2023 13:50 #9 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Colorado Hates Democracy
I agree that it is interesting to see the Republicans eating themselves. What you fail to realize that Trump supporters are, in fact, Trump supporters first and Republicans second. The Republican Party as a political entity does not support Trump and tries its best to derail him. In light of the fact that our political system effectively only allows two parties, with independents crushed, President Trump uses the party as a vehicle to achieve. You need look no further than what is happening to Robert F. Kennedy for proof. It is refreshing to see the "Republicans" as you call them show themselves for what they are, acolytes of the deep state, identifying with you.
It is refreshing to read your posts and having my views confirmed. Please continue to do so.

21 Dec 2023 16:48 #10 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Colorado Hates Democracy

driver8 wrote: It's been interesting seeing the fascists on MMT ignorantly blathering on about how Colorado hates Democracy... yada yada yada. The Colorado lawsuit was brought by *four Republicans* and *two independents*. Not Democrats. There was a trial with Trump's lawyers putting up a defense. It's all on the record.... it must suck to be a part of a party that eats it's own like the GOP does. Gotta love seeing it tho!

:woohoo: :silly:

The question is, do you believe the 4 Democrat justices made the right decision, and why?

Btw, your insults, while expected, really don't add to your argument, they only make you look angry.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds