Truckers Plan to Stop Shipments to NYC in Response to Political Hack Judge Engo

23 Feb 2024 10:13 #31 by homeagain
Is this post sarcasm? Rick asks...NO, it was an observation of just how the truckers were (or not) organized for TRUMP......a BIG RIG show of hundreds or just a group of guys being macho and mouthing off.....the coverage SHOULD HAVE BEEN MASSIVE and pulled the public to focus on following TRUMP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2024 09:46 #32 by Rick
Only truckers who own their rigs and make their own routes have the power to protest. Some are probably struggling under Biden's economy and can't risk losing income.

I asked the question because it seemed like you thought the boycott was justified, which it is. It's now obvious that you think the ruling was justified, regardless of the damage it will do to the NYC economy which is also suffering from horrible leftist leadership.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Feb 2024 10:43 #33 by homeagain
To me,it reflects the basic problem of politics....LOTS OF LIP SERVICE and no action....macho mentality,without a method of translating that into REAL and desperately needed change of mindset. the WHOLE OF THE ISSUE is wide spread and continues to widen...we r so wimpy that we allow this to become our way of life. (BMOC,but inside,really just a average Joe,struggling to look strong and effective.)

24 Feb 2024 18:47 #34 by FredHayek
NY State seizes over 400 million dollars from their political opponents.
In other cases like this, oh wait, they don't have other cases like this. Rev. Al Sharpton hasn't had to pay his overdue tax bills, must be that big "D" after his name.

I hate the idea of a state filling their budget with outrageous judgements.
If you are going to confiscate a half million dollars, maybe give it back to the citizens New York over taxes? Instead they will spend it on a no bid contract to give illegal immigrants millions of dollars in gift cards.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 Feb 2024 08:04 #35 by Freezeman
They are also attacking the NRA to add to their own pockets.

25 Feb 2024 13:02 #36 by homeagain

Freezeman wrote: They are also attacking the NRA to add to their own pockets.

don't think u want to go there......see my post ON unintended consequences......NRA MEMBERS WERE
ROBBED BLIND AND THEY DID NOT EVEN THINK TO ASK FOR BOOKS/ACCOUNTABILITY

25 Feb 2024 18:25 #37 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

Freezeman wrote: They are also attacking the NRA to add to their own pockets.

don't think u want to go there......see my post ON unintended consequences......NRA MEMBERS WERE
ROBBED BLIND AND THEY DID NOT EVEN THINK TO ASK FOR BOOKS/ACCOUNTABILITY

We did know what was going on. Jeff Knox was one of the leaders who knew about the corruption. He fought it for decades, but you don't win every battle.
Lapierre is now out and hopefully Knox's campaign to take back the board will succeed. Be great to have them re-energized right before the November election.

25 Feb 2024 19:57 #38 by ramage
HA,
Why do you think that I was robbed blind? I received value for my membership dues. Looking through your histrionics there is nothing of substance in your comment.

25 Feb 2024 20:26 #39 by FredHayek
Enough of us knew about the corruption at the NRA that numerous alternative pro 2nd Amendment organizations rose up to replace it. Groups that specialize in electing 2nd Amendment candidates, others that lobby legislatures, others that support gun right court cases.

26 Feb 2024 07:16 #40 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HA,
Why do you think that I was robbed blind? I received value for my membership dues. Looking through your histrionics there is nothing of substance in your comment.

DOWNRIGHT DESPICABLE .......U R OUTRAGED AT a poor person's personal expenditures on "money
given" BUT.it is certainly not questionable when a national leader of a powerful org does identically the same thing....JUST WOW....when they first show u who they r BELIEVE THEM......describe the "value" u received, DID OTHERS,LESS FORTUNATE THEN U, .HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO SEND THEIR CHILD TO A OUTDOOR CAMP? (LEARNING HUNTING SKILLS AND CORRECT PROTOCOL FOR GUN S)....no, I would guess not, because La "prick" pooled the money for personal gain....God, the hypocrisy is stunning.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds