IMPACT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS ON THE POLITICAL FRONT

10 Apr 2024 12:42 #61 by koobookie
So you have no data that shows the number of non-citizens that are voting in elections. Nor do you have any data to show the number of undocumented immigrants are voting in elections.

Thought so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Apr 2024 13:47 #62 by koobookie
www.axios.com/2024/03/30/no-big-wave-imm...ting-illegally-trump

Reality check: Non-citizen immigrants are barred by law from voting in federal elections. The very few who try it typically do so by accident, and are caught. The penalties can be severe, and include prison time or deportation.

Voting as a non-U.S. citizen "is a federal crime ... a removable offense, meaning that you can be deported," Sean Morales-Doyle, director of the Brennan Center Voting Rights Program, told Axios.
"The stakes are really, really high. And it's really easy to figure out that you did it," Morales-Doyle said.

Undocumented immigrants in particular are widely known to steer clear of giving out personal information or registering for anything involving U.S. and state governments, out fear of facing arrest or deportation.

Some have even avoided public services they're entitled to, such as food stamps or housing benefits.

apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-election...6700d86812dc717906e5

Some politicians and pundits have raised alarm that noncitizens could be voting illegally in high numbers. Studies show this isn’t happening, according to Ron Hayduk, a political science professor at San Francisco State University who studies noncitizen voting laws.

While there have been anecdotal reports of noncitizens registering and casting ballots, “the incidence of such occurrences is infinitesimal,” Hayduk said.

Well, there you have it then.

11 Apr 2024 09:58 #63 by Rick
Undocumented immigrants are allowed to vote in local elections in some municipalities
www.verifythis.com/article/news/verify/e...49-b8c5-1490093a5968

Undocumented people can vote for local elections in these states
www.9news.com/video/news/verify/election...3c-b500-62dd5b9919e7

No big deal right? If ILLEGAL border crossers are allowed to vote in local elections and that becomes the norm in most states, why is it such a big leap to expect that they will eventually be able to vote in federal elections? Of course the Democrats want to make all these people legal citizens, even though we have no clue who they are or how they feel about the country they broke into.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Apr 2024 10:10 #64 by koobookie
See my post above yours about the frequency of immigrants, documented or undocumented, voting in any election.

While there have been anecdotal reports of noncitizens registering and casting ballots, “the incidence of such occurrences is infinitesimal,” Hayduk said.

Why would an undocumented immigrant risk being discovered and deported just to vote?

11 Apr 2024 11:05 #65 by Freezeman
No voter ID no signature verification on mail in ballets. What is this risk of being caught that you speak of?
Yes girl, they say it's against the law, you know like them laws that they broke crossing the border.

11 Apr 2024 11:07 #66 by koobookie
How would an undocumented immigrant be able to register to vote and receive a ballot?

11 Apr 2024 11:08 #67 by koobookie
Oh, and here in Colorado, there is signature verification.

11 Apr 2024 11:15 #68 by ramage
Again, I realize that your reading comprehension is primitive. You are demanding data that does not exist. Clearly the question you want answers for cannot be asked by law. It has been shown that illegals can vote in local elections. Do you dispute that fact?

Stating the obvious, that illegal aliens cannot vote in FEDERAL elections does not in any way support your position.

It may be that you have short term memory loss. The following is your post of 10 April 08:06:

"You and I both know that immigrants that are not citizens cannot vote. Only citizens can vote. Don't you remember that from civics class?"

It is permitted to state you were wrong. Far better than to double down on ignorance.

11 Apr 2024 11:29 #69 by koobookie
Again, I asked for data on immigrants that actually vote. Since you refused to look for that info, I searched for you. I posted the findings in a previous post above. You really need me to connect the dots for you again?

11 Apr 2024 11:56 #70 by Freezeman
Girl you have a practice of connecting to the dots wrong.
www.linkedin.com/pulse/connecting-dots-b...n-wrong-saikat-baksi

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds