Biden's Physical

07 Mar 2024 13:14 #41 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Biden's Physical
A factual analysis from a geriatric doctor.

www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2024-03-07...alzheimers-cognition

Fortunately, President Biden shows no signs of Alzheimer’s disease. At news conferences, he references new events and obviously creates new memories efficiently. He speaks slowly and pauses to find words like others with benign age-associated memory impairment. These issues are exacerbated by a chronic speech impediment. Biden has struggled with stuttering since childhood, and remnants of the condition have long been apparent in his speech.

Unfortunately, word hesitations coupled with the mild stutter can’t help but affect his public speaking. Biden’s political opponents and the uninformed exploit it, along with stereotypes about older people, to create a false narrative about intellectual impairment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Mar 2024 14:06 - 07 Mar 2024 14:07 #42 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Biden's Physical
Perception is reality?
While gerontology doctors give him a pass? Will the public?

Back when Jimmy Carter was running for reelection as President, he went for a run. He collapsed in a famous photo the whole world saw. He was still a healthy man who is still alive today despite months in hospice, but that picture was enough to defeat him at the polls.

Sorry I didn't verify the Spicer tweet.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Mar 2024 16:30 #43 by koobookie
Attachments:

08 Mar 2024 06:56 #44 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Biden's Physical
You know you don’t have an argument when you completely avoid the actual topic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Mar 2024 08:23 #45 by koobookie

Rick wrote: You know you don’t have an argument when you completely avoid the actual topic.

You often talk about Biden's age or his cognitive ability, so I gave you an analysis from a geriatric doctor (which you are not) that specializes in age deterioration and alzheimer's disease. Did you read the article? Perhaps you should, because it might put your mind at ease.

I provided quotes from the doctor's article, because I was pretty sure you wouldn't actually read the article.

Here, I'll provide a link to it again:
www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2024-03-07...alzheimers-cognition

Based on his performance last night at the State of the Union speech, and the way he handled Republican hecklers, I think we're in good hands with Biden at the helm.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds