Stormy

19 Apr 2024 12:55 #31 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Stormy

A man has set himself on fire outside the courthouse. This sign was found nearby. No news on the fate of the burn victim.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Apr 2024 21:13 #32 by FredHayek
1st

Attachments:

20 Apr 2024 11:30 #33 by FredHayek

Anyone here get their news from Chicom Tik Tok?

In related news today, the US House of Representatives just voted to ban Tik Tok in the new Ukrainian money dump bill. Will the Senate agree with the House vote?

Attachments:

21 Apr 2024 07:30 #34 by FredHayek

Attachments:

22 Apr 2024 08:22 #35 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Stormy
I knew you wouldn't understand the nuances of the differences. Here, let me quote what I posted a few days ago.

First of all, Clinton did not pay Paula Jones to keep quiet. It was a lawsuit settlement.

Second, Trump is accused of falsifying business records with the intent to violate federal campaign finance limits, unlawfully influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election, and commit tax fraud. 34 counts in total.

Big difference, but of course, you don't see that.

Now try a google search. Here, let me do the work for you:

apnews.com/article/fact-check-trump-clin...ayments-884462275128

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Clinton and Trump’s cases have key differences, according to legal experts. Clinton’s $850,000 payment to Paula Jones in 1998 settled a civil lawsuit. The payment was public and legal, and the funds did not come from the government, nor did they amount to a campaign contribution. By comparison, the payment in Trump’s case was through a shell company and reimbursed by Trump, whose company logged the reimbursements as legal expenses in the final weeks of his 2016 presidential campaign.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/20...h-money/11513148002/

Multiple legal experts said Clinton’s $850,000 payment to Jones as part of a settlement agreement is not considered "hush money" since the facts of the case were already publicly known.

You could do your own search instead of displaying your ignorance.

22 Apr 2024 09:00 #36 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Stormy

koobookie wrote:

You could do your own search instead of displaying your ignorance.

This used to be something that would land you in the Ring. I wonder if we can use other words now to describe fellow posters? Any mods around to clarify?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Apr 2024 09:44 #37 by koobookie
I don't know. Calling out ignorance when it is so plainly evident is not against the rules, at least it shouldn't be. Fred posted the same meme type twice, when it is clear that it was incorrect information, or should I say, disinformation.

Back to the topic at hand, opening statements at the trial today. I've got my popcorn close by! I wonder when Stormy will take the stand.

22 Apr 2024 10:23 #38 by koobookie
Wow. I was unaware that Sleepy Donny has fallen asleep so many times in the first week.

www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-falls-aslee...m-slumber-hat-trick/

Maggie Haberman of The New York Times reported on Friday that former President Donald Trump once again fell asleep in court at his hush money trial.

This marks the third time Trump fell asleep in the courtroom, according to reporters who were present. Haberman’s observation was posted to the Times live feed of the proceedings. Jury selection was still underway on Friday after twelve jurors were seated; six alternates still have to be chosen. Opening statements are expected to take place on Monday.

Trump’s tendency to doze off in full view of the court has been the subject of mockery throughout the week. Haberman reported the first public nap on the first day of the trial, saying that he “appear[ed] to be sleeping.” Several other reporters corroborated her story.

22 Apr 2024 10:37 #39 by koobookie
Attachments:

22 Apr 2024 14:39 #40 by koobookie
Even though the mushrooms are photo shopped, it's still funny.

(if you don't get the joke, I'd be happy to explain)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds