Illegal Alien Causes Deadly 285 Wreck?

18 Jun 2024 09:45 #1 by FredHayek
Last week's deadly accident on 285 shut down the highway for 14 hours. One semi and five cars were involved. Denver Post piece today. The Mexican illegal alien had crossed the border over a dozen times both voluntarily and also been deported by previous administrations. Yet, he kept coming back and employers didn't feel the penalty was tough enough to not keep hiring him.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2024 09:58 #2 by Rick
More blood on Biden’s hands.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jun 2024 11:37 #3 by homeagain
U need to try US 550.....(going to Telluride)....just last week a WHITE AMERICAN CITIZEN in his 40's failed to heed a construction zone stoppage. He was in a FORD F 10 (I think) speeding down the road and came to a line of cars stopped by construction,he not only back ended the last car in line,HE ROLLED OVER THE TOP OF THE CAR...killed two women in the front seats,and killed the passenger in the back...3 fatalities,car crushed....they (two in the truck) were injured but released from hospital.....550 is a death drive. WTF,SPEEDING IS A SEVERE PROBLEM HERE.

22 Jun 2024 14:54 #4 by FredHayek
The criminal illegal alien did not have a CDL. He didn't even have a legal regular driver license for the US nor Mexico. Time for both his employer and him to face justice.

23 Jun 2024 07:04 #5 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: The criminal illegal alien did not have a CDL. He didn't even have a legal regular driver license for the US nor Mexico. Time for both his employer and him to face justice.

[/b]

I absolutely agree....however,having read a narrative (story) from a female truckers who was on the road for a company....THE REAL PROBLEM is the lack of oversight /integrity of the trucking companies, they pull ANYONE in for employment (no real back checks or training for the new employee. She indicated that there should be a "ride along'' companion,WITH EXTENSIVE TRAINING for at least a couple of weeks....that is not happening,they are given a truck,with minimal understanding of the job and loaded up and put out there....on the job learning curve....and then u ask WHY there r more accidents and deaths???

23 Jun 2024 08:20 #6 by Rick
Millions of people have been invited into our country and we have no idea who they are. They either need to get government (taxpayer) funding to survive or they have to find a job. Who wants to hire an illegal who has no history we can verify? Would you?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Jun 2024 00:44 #7 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: U need to try US 550.....(going to Telluride)....just last week a WHITE AMERICAN CITIZEN in his 40's failed to heed a construction zone stoppage. He was in a FORD F 10 (I think) speeding down the road and came to a line of cars stopped by construction,he not only back ended the last car in line,HE ROLLED OVER THE TOP OF THE CAR...killed two women in the front seats,and killed the passenger in the back...3 fatalities,car crushed....they (two in the truck) were injured but released from hospital.....550 is a death drive. WTF,SPEEDING IS A SEVERE PROBLEM HERE.

So? What does that have to do will illegals killing people?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rick

25 Jun 2024 06:54 - 25 Jun 2024 06:56 #8 by homeagain
OH PLEASE....don't play cute,I am pointing out that there r ALL KINDS of illegal,ill equipped idiots out there,it is NOT JUST foreigners without papers. U want to blame it on the aliens,then place the blame EQUALLY,because ANY company will cut corners to increase their profits. CORRECT the flaws in the systems that have a outrage backlog of papers that ALLOW this to happen. MONEY for this problem has ALWAYS been last on the list for ANY politician/leader//administration..... this system has been fubarred forever....what happened is the result of NO ONE PRIORITIZING. JMO

Your lack of seeing the macro is disheartening.

25 Jun 2024 09:34 #9 by Rick
Speaking of the “macro”… do you really believe that inviting 10 million plus poor people who can’t be properly vetted is a good idea? Seriously?

You should be thankful you’ve gotten to live in this country during the best time frame. My kids will have a completely different standard of living after the Democrats/Communists have destroyed any chance of returning to our previous standard.

George Orwell

25 Jun 2024 09:58 #10 by FredHayek
I wonder if all the speeding is happening because everyone realizes there are no longer enough police to pull people over.

Years old temporary tags. I haven't been pulled over for speeding since before the pandemic.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds