Our Crisis of Institutional Competence Why things don't work anymore.

07 Aug 2024 22:11 #2 by Rick
Great article Bob... it pretty much mimic's how I feel about this bloated inept government of ours. This is the problem, a long with corruption of course...

But if our ancestors mostly did better, it's probably because they operated closer to the bone. One characteristic of most of our recent failures is that nobody gets fired. (Secret Service Director Kim Cheatle did resign, eventually, but nobody fired her, and I think heads should have rolled on down the line). Even the FBI agent who accidentally shot a man while dancing in a bar was allowed to carry a gun again. He also avoided jail time with a sweet plea deal.

The very best and most damaging example is our public school system. The more taxpayers spend, the less they seem to get. Future teachers being taught by really bad teachers, and then each generation gets progressively worse. We can't fire them unless they rape a kid or similar. IMO, nothing hurts the future of this country more than a bunch of DEI progressive dipshits focusing children on all this other crap instead of reading, writing, math, science, civics...

I could go on for hours about this failed system as well as all the rest that are destroying my kid's futures.

Sometimes I think of how much easier it would be to accept the reality of what's coming, if I didn't have anyone left behind to live through it when I die... except maybe some cats.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2024 07:02 #3 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: instapundit.substack.com/p/our-crisis-of...rue&utm_medium=email

jJMO....it reduces down to integrity and SOLID foundation of work ethics and how u walk thru the world.

u walk thru the world with A KNOWING of right and wrong........THAT has been eliminated (for the most part)
in today's society.....WHAT BENEFITS ME? how much money can be had....R THE IMPETUS. We have
wandered off the path (knowingly) and it is not a concern.

08 Aug 2024 08:48 #4 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: instapundit.substack.com/p/our-crisis-of...rue&utm_medium=email

jJMO....it reduces down to integrity and SOLID foundation of work ethics and how u walk thru the world.

u walk thru the world with A KNOWING of right and wrong........THAT has been eliminated (for the most part)
in today's society.....WHAT BENEFITS ME? how much money can be had....R THE IMPETUS. We have
wandered off the path (knowingly) and it is not a concern.

What? Did you actually read the article? You seem to have missed the point, completely.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

08 Aug 2024 09:09 - 08 Aug 2024 09:22 #5 by homeagain
Your statement reflects the general consensus within the problem....U DO NOT GET IT....that is the whole ball game....fubarred.

It is a sad saga of mis perception..JMO

09 Aug 2024 12:30 #6 by Rick
I get it just fine. You don’t seem to understand the concept of incentives, like most liberals.

You see, HA, if you have a government job, you know you don’t have to worry about getting fired for being incompetent. What’s your incentive to be great at your job if merit isn’t a factor? Why do we have bad teachers and good teachers making the same amount of money? Typical union flaw that leads to poor outcomes across the board.

People generally don’t push themselves to do a better job if there is no incentive to do so. Make sense ?

George Orwell

09 Aug 2024 16:24 - 09 Aug 2024 16:25 #7 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I get it just fine. You don’t seem to understand the concept of incentives, like most liberals.

You see, HA, if you have a government job, you know you don’t have to worry about getting fired for being incompetent. What’s your incentive to be great at your job if merit isn’t a factor? Why do we have bad teachers and good teachers making the same amount of money? Typical union flaw that leads to poor outcomes across the board.

People generally don’t push themselves to do a better job if there is no incentive to do so. Make sense ?

[/b]

1ST BOLDED......INTEGRITY AND PRIDE.....(LOST IN THIS GENERATION)

2ND BOLDED.....having been a union member in CWA for At&t....I FOUGHT when there was an injustice
done to me....I WON EVERY TIME,BECAUSE THE COMPANY WAS IN THE WRONG ,just one example
2 very close relatives died within 3 weeks of each other...my grandmother and then my mom....I got paid
grievance leave for ONE...and when my mother died 3 weeks later,I was DENIED PAY.....the asshole supervisor was BMOC and THOUGHT he could get away with that....NOT, the union stepped in (he was
looking over my shoulder when I called the union steward).....WE HAD A 3 person conference,ASSHOLE
boss, me and the steward...The steward looked him in the eye and said.....JIM,THAT'S PRETTY COLD.,
GIVE HER THE REQUIRED PAY.....I GOT PAYED. Union's have a purpose,they equal the playing field.,
I KNOW because I was playing with the company and they were NOT going to screw me.

3 bolded....see 1st bolded......INTEGRITY U either have it or u r unscrupulous and unprincipled.....OH MY
SUCH WORDS RING TRUE FOR TRUMP.......
:archer:

10 Aug 2024 08:19 #8 by Rick
When your responses to every topic turn into a Trump rant, we know you have nothing to add.

You ignore incentives, which are everything. Integrity and pride are NOT incentives unless one doesn't care about money. If you go to work in government or the private sector, it's not your pride and integrity that pushes you to do your best at a job, it's the paycheck that allows you and your family to survive. If your government of the company doesn't pay based on your job performance, then you don't have any incentive to work harder than the person next to you.

George Orwell

10 Aug 2024 11:02 #9 by homeagain
[quote="Rick" post=406852]When your responses to every topic turn into a Trump rant, we know you have nothing to add.

You ignore incentives, which are everything. Integrity and pride are NOT incentives unless one doesn't care about money. If you go to work in government or the private sector, it's not your pride and integrity that pushes you to do your best at a job, it's the paycheck that allows you and your family to survive. If your government of the company doesn't pay based on your job performance, then you don't have any incentive to work harder than the person next to you.[/quote]

1st bolded.....that is rich,when EVERY post is BIDEN did this or BIDEN didn't do this.....hypocrite rears it's ugly head.

2nd bolded...let me tell u alittle story about JOB PERFORMANCE....my title Senior operation clerk TG5.this group had the 800/watts provisioning center at 14th and Champa (downtown Denver) OUR
MJR'S (MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES) were to provide on time 800 service to r customer....due date met,customer satisfied.....WE HAD THE BEST STATS ACROSS THE NATION for on time performance..
U R NAIVE,if u think that mattered.....politics played into the scenario.....there was a reorg and our job went to PLEASANTON CALIF.....we worked our asses off for customer service...the motto at the time was.....
"TAKE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO DELIGHT YOUR CUSTOMER"....WHAT A FRIGGIN JOKE..
So do not tell,me about incentives and job performance...I have lived it.

AND WITH THAT THOUGHT... I am out of here...(just like my DH who folded FACEBOOK)....the horse
post was the final straw. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR FALSE STATEMENTS AND YOUR UGLY FACADE

11 Aug 2024 13:33 #10 by Rick
Your anecdote is meaningless, as are all anecdotes. The human race is driven by incentives, 100%. There is an incentive to do everything in life, especially when it comes to work. No incentives=no jobs, period.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds