Kamala Harris's Cult Of Personality?

12 Aug 2024 09:54 #1 by FredHayek

Why will people vote for Harris?
Because she will be the first African-American woman President?
Because she will be the first Indian-American President?
Because she is very liberal?
Because she will be the first woman President?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2024 11:16 #2 by Rick
Because she isn't a Republican. Her new voters don't need to hear her policies (since she's hiding from questions), all they need to know is that their trusted news sources say she's great and Trump is going to be a dictator.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2024 11:23 #3 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Because she isn't a Republican. Her new voters don't need to hear her policies (since she's hiding from questions), all they need to know is that their trusted news sources say she's great and Trump is going to be a dictator.

Another erroneous conclusion by Rick.

People are excited to vote for Harris because of several reasons, one of which is she is not Trump nor is she Biden. Another reason is that she is of a younger generation. Another reason is that Democratic policies are sooooo much better than conservative policies, such as Project 2025. Another reason is that she is pro-choice, which is going to bite you boys in the ass this fall. Shall I continue, or are you panicking enough?

12 Aug 2024 11:38 #4 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: r are you panicking enough?

This would be an "erroneous conclusion" on your part. I don't panic about anything, so I guess I can now tell you top go _____ yourself. Nah, that won't get me anywhere... I'd rather get into specifics and watch you devolve into insults when you have no other way to respond. Carry on

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2024 12:19 #5 by koobookie
I can see and hear the panic in Trump's speeches. I can read the panic in your posts.

12 Aug 2024 18:56 #6 by Rick
Ah yes, you liberals are so good at reading minds and deciphering language as a replacement for actual facts. Panic is why Harris is the new candidate, in case you have forgotten.

George Orwell

12 Aug 2024 20:05 #7 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: I can see and hear the panic in Trump's speeches. I can read the panic in your posts.

:watermellon :icecream:

The talking points from the liberal media this week is that Trump is "running scared".

Trump was much lower in the polls four years ago. He isn't panicking.

13 Aug 2024 08:27 #8 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: The talking points from the liberal media this week is that Trump is "running scared".

Trump was much lower in the polls four years ago. He isn't panicking.

Trump's handlers aren't letting him out on the campaign trail. Why? Because they know that his poll numbers drop when he gives speeches. When he's quiet, his number rise.

Trump is mentally unfit for the job. His speeches are word salads and lies. People can see this for themselves, so they're keeping him under wraps. No other candidate in recent history has not been out campaigning at this stage of the election. Trump is scared. As Bob Dole used to say, "You know it, I know it, the American people know it."

13 Aug 2024 08:41 #9 by LadyJazzer
No... Because she is NOT a Republican, and she is NOT Donald Trump! That is enough in point of fact, but there is so much more.

And as Koobookie said:

Trump is mentally unfit for the job. His speeches are word salads and lies. People can see this for themselves, so they're keeping him under wraps.

13 Aug 2024 10:16 #10 by FredHayek
Anyone else have an issue with voting for someone who won't actually be in charge?

President Trump does tend to delegate much of his office. Much of being President he doesn't care for, but you know he is in control and does write his own tweets.

Kamala? You trust the DNC to build a top team to do most of the heavy lifting while she plays "Madame President"?

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds