Trump Lies

19 Aug 2024 15:52 #31 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Trump Lies
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyJazzer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2024 16:32 #32 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Trump Lies
I was going to post one of LJ's classic yawn emojis, but one on longer exists as an option. Memes are so boring.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Aug 2024 16:33 #33 by koobookie
Memes are hilarious, especially when there's truth embedded in them. Too bad you don't find them funny.

20 Aug 2024 12:17 #34 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Trump Lies
I just find them to be a lazy substitute for dialogue. I could post tons of memes about Harris/Biden, but then you wouldn’t be able to go after my words. I that’s why memes are boring and pretty much stop the last discussion.

Post all you want, I don’t even bother looking at them anymore.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Aug 2024 13:17 - 20 Aug 2024 13:18 #35 by koobookie
Interesting that you have no comment on Trump's posting a meme where he claims to be endorsed by Taylor Swift. Another Trump lie, but no comment?

21 Aug 2024 13:06 #36 by koobookie
Careful what you wish for, Donald. Messing around with AI can also bite you in the a$$.

Attachments:

21 Aug 2024 13:26 #37 by koobookie
If true, this actually wouldn't surprise me. For Trump, it's all about him, not his country. I wonder when he will flee to a non-extradition country. Maybe November 6?

Attachments:

21 Aug 2024 14:22 #38 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Lies
Oh no! Not the Logan Act! No one has ever been prosecuted for breaking the Logan Act and Barack Obama himself visited around the world before his election so they had the opportunity to prosecute him for the same crimes.

They should just repeal the Logan Act. Americans should be allowed to visit foreign nations and dignitaries. Or do you want to prosecute me for kissing the Pope's ring? He is the leader of the Papal State after all.
Or do you want to jail me for having lunch with a Hapsburg? The Austrian ambassador to Vatican City?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Aug 2024 14:43 - 21 Aug 2024 14:44 #39 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Oh no! Not the Logan Act! No one has ever been prosecuted for breaking the Logan Act and Barack Obama himself visited around the world before his election so they had the opportunity to prosecute him for the same crimes.

They should just repeal the Logan Act. Americans should be allowed to visit foreign nations and dignitaries. Or do you want to prosecute me for kissing the Pope's ring? He is the leader of the Papal State after all.
Or do you want to jail me for having lunch with a Hapsburg? The Austrian ambassador to Vatican City?

The Logan Act, enacted January 30, 1799, is a United States federal law that criminalizes the negotiation of a dispute between the United States and a foreign government by an unauthorized American citizen. The intent behind the Act is to prevent unauthorized negotiations from undermining the government's position.

Were you negotiating with a foreign government head of state? No? Well, then, the Logan Act doesn't apply. But then, I'm sure you knew that.

If this turns out to be true, then Trump should - once again - be prosecuted. Soooo much winning.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds