Trump Lies

12 Aug 2024 10:36 #1 by koobookie
Trump Lies was created by koobookie
In addition to the 30,000+ lies he told while in office, Donald told 162 lies in his "press conference" last week. He averaged a lie every 24 seconds.

And you boys want to vote for this liar?

www.npr.org/2024/08/11/nx-s1-5070566/trump-news-conference

There were a host of false things that Donald Trump said during his hour-long news conference Thursday that have gotten attention.

A glaring example is his helicopter emergency landing story, which has not stood up to scrutiny.

But there was so much more. A team of NPR reporters and editors reviewed the transcript of his news conference and found at least 162 misstatements, exaggerations and outright lies in 64 minutes. That’s more than two a minute. It’s a stunning number for anyone – and even more problematic for a person running to lead the free world.

Politicians spin. They fib. They misspeak. They make honest mistakes like the rest of us. And, yes, they even sometimes exaggerate their biographies.

The expectation, though, is that they will treat the truth as something important and correct any errors.

But what former President Trump did this past Thursday went well beyond the bounds of what most politicians would do.

Read the list and ask yourself why anyone would ever trust a man who lies this much. A lie every 24 seconds. If your boss lied that much, would you want to work for them?

Then there's the whole issue of his mental acuity. Is Donald losing it? Does he have the brainpower to actually be president? Easy answer - Yes, he is losing it. No, he is not sharp enough to be president.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2024 11:59 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Trump Lies
Have you noticed that the "fact" checking industry went silent after 2020? How many examples would you need?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2024 12:05 #3 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Trump Lies
Fact checking is silent? Hmmmm. That NPR article is just a day or two old, and it's full of fact checking.

12 Aug 2024 12:12 #4 by Rick
How much fact checking have they done on Biden? I thought it was obvious and I wouldn't have to say the current president's name, but I guess I had to.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Aug 2024 12:16 #5 by koobookie

Rick wrote: How much fact checking have they done on Biden? I thought it was obvious and I wouldn't have to say the current president's name, but I guess I had to.

So, there's no comment or defense of the lies told last week by Trump, just a diversion to Biden.

Still gonna vote for the liar Trump? You still trust him after is 30,000 + 162 lies? He lies like he breathes.

12 Aug 2024 18:54 #6 by Rick
Are you really saying that the people you vote for don't lie? The whole thread is ridiculous, especially considering what we've witnessed from your media over the last 8 years. Lies are part of this game koobookie, and if you only look at the lies of one side, you just look foolish.

Your new VP pick (not that you picked him or Harris), has lied for years about his service and his rank. Which of Trump's lies are worse.

George Orwell

12 Aug 2024 20:07 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Lies
Liberals don't lie, they miss speak.

:evil: :birthdaywis

Find some new lie about Walz every day.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Aug 2024 08:06 #8 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Are you really saying that the people you vote for don't lie? The whole thread is ridiculous, especially considering what we've witnessed from your media over the last 8 years. Lies are part of this game koobookie, and if you only look at the lies of one side, you just look foolish.

Your new VP pick (not that you picked him or Harris), has lied for years about his service and his rank. Which of Trump's lies are worse.

A lie every 24 seconds, Rick. 24 seconds. He lies like he breathes.

Isn't it time to talk about lack of integrity in Trump, to talk about his mental state? He's degrading before your very eyes, yet you won't admit it.

You voting for a grand liar that has broken almost every promise he's ever made, cheated on every wife he's had, and you're in a cult.

13 Aug 2024 10:06 #9 by Rick
It’s not worth the keystrokes debating on this if you refuse to acknowledge that the people you are voting for lie consistently.

If you don’t think Harris and Walz are feeding the public lies, just say so. If you think your media doesn’t lie to you, just say so.

If you can’t admit that the people you trust are lying, then you really have no credibility. I can admit that Trump lies just like everyone in Washington. Hell, Adam Schiff was telling America he had proof that Trump colluded with Russia for 4 years and obviously never produced that evidence.

George Orwell

13 Aug 2024 10:08 #10 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Trump Lies
Politicians lie. They all do.

I don't vote for candidates based on their morals or their lies.

Instead I vote against candidates who promise to raise my taxes and increase government intervention in my life.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds