Oh No, Tell me it Isn't So!!!

31 Aug 2010 08:24 #11 by Scruffy

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Scruffy wrote: nice spin, outdoor.....spin spin spin, that's all you do....figured you'd just say the same old thing....

Other than smart ass comebacks and name calling, do you ever make any useful posts that include viable information. I may not be political in my interests, but I am curious and like to learn. Post something that is worth reading or are you only interested in post counts? Just wondering.

Is there a rule that says my posts have to be something other than snarky?

Sorry. That was snarky.

When I first came here, I tried to post thoughts that meant something, serious arguments, but they were met with "nice spin, Scruffy.....LOL" or VIkings famous rofllol emoticons or whatever debate style Nmysys uses. I realized that MOSTLY this is not a web site for serious debate. It's a site where posters mostly yell at each other, where members take information and warp it to their world view, or take misinformation and claim it as truth.

For example, tell me what kind of debate is there with Outdoor338? There's none. Even when proven wrong, he responds with the insipid "spin" phrase. So, I decided to try and introduce a little sarcastic humor here. Is that so wrong? It's better than beating my head against the emoticons.

In defense of 285bound, there are some here that debate honestly, but they are few. I enjoy reading those members and have responded in kind to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2010 09:07 #12 by Wayne Harrison
Snarky is as snarky does.

(Sorry, I don't know what that means, it just sounded good)

31 Aug 2010 09:20 #13 by LadyJazzer

Wayne Harrison wrote: Snarky is as snarky does.

(Sorry, I don't know what that means, it just sounded good)

"And that's all I have to say about that, Lt. Dan." :biggrin:

31 Aug 2010 09:58 #14 by pineinthegrass

Scruffy wrote: When I first came here, I tried to post thoughts that meant something, serious arguments, but they were met with "nice spin, Scruffy.....LOL" or VIkings famous rofllol emoticons or whatever debate style Nmysys uses. I realized that MOSTLY this is not a web site for serious debate. It's a site where posters mostly yell at each other, where members take information and warp it to their world view, or take misinformation and claim it as truth.

For example, tell me what kind of debate is there with Outdoor338? There's none. Even when proven wrong, he responds with the insipid "spin" phrase. So, I decided to try and introduce a little sarcastic humor here. Is that so wrong? It's better than beating my head against the emoticons.

In defense of 285bound, there are some here that debate honestly, but they are few. I enjoy reading those members and have responded in kind to them.

You forgot to mention the "drink the Koo-Aid :Koolaid: " defense. Whenever someone posts that, how can one argue such a brilliant come back? It just ends all debate because there is simply no answer.

31 Aug 2010 10:03 #15 by Nmysys
You can always ask the poster: Do you still beat your wife?

31 Aug 2010 10:05 - 31 Aug 2010 10:35 #16 by Photo-fish
"Still carrying water for your Messiah?"

(Often quoted by Nymysis)

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Aug 2010 10:23 #17 by Nmysys
Gee Photofish, that can't have been for me. If it was you haven't been paying attention, I am not Christian, though I see nothing wrong with being Christian. It seems to me to be better than not having any faith or any hope of salvation of any kind. But to each his own.

31 Aug 2010 10:36 #18 by Photo-fish
Not for you, from you.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

31 Aug 2010 10:44 #19 by Nmysys
I'm confused!! When did I ever say that? It may very well have been something written by someone else in one of my postings but never written by me.

31 Aug 2010 10:47 #20 by Photo-fish
Are you saying you never used the term "messiah" when responding about Obama to those you label as 'Libs"?

Cuz it's both disrespectful and condecending. I have never heard a (D) call him that.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds