Bush Still Takes Brunt of Blame for Economy vs. Obama

17 Sep 2010 15:41 #11 by grrr

Nmysys wrote: Wayne:

I am terribly disappointed in your journalism skills. As a contributor to the mainstream media you have a responsibility ( though that has gone by the wayside throughout the mainstream media ) to use proper English. The title should have stated Bush receives brunt, not takes.

You failed the test, and here you have been the posting Police all this time. Naughty, Naughty!! I remember a posting wherein you wrote about using spell check and showing your intelligence level. :bash :bash :Koolaid:

First of all, that's not incorrect grammar. Perhaps more importantly, though, is that Wayne simply used the original author's headline. If you were to click on the link, you'd see that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2010 16:03 #12 by Nmysys
Grrr:

Is that a Pseudonym for Wayne?? Nice defensive move, but Bush doesn't admit that he is to blame, does he? The left keeps blaming him for their impotence, the way I see it. We have constantly been bombarded with the Blame Game but it is no longer relevant this long after Obama was inaugurated into the office.

When, if ever, will you :Koolaid: drinkers ever admit that you made a mistake?? How is that Obama Thing Working Out For You? Must be great!! Is Bush to Blame for everything? I was not happy with some of the things that he did, though he did keep us safe, but how long do you think that blaming Bush will work? Sooner or later doesn't some of the responsibility fall onto Obama's shoulders?

17 Sep 2010 17:34 #13 by outdoor338
Nmysys, it will stop when liberal dems are voted out, the first bunch of them will be this November (you can count on it) the next bunch will be 2012, that's when it will stop. As soon as obama is out, we will get a fresh start.

17 Sep 2010 21:16 #14 by navycpo7

I am terribly disappointed in your journalism skills. As a contributor to the mainstream media you have a responsibility ( though that has gone by the wayside throughout the mainstream media ) to use proper English. The title should have stated Bush receives brunt, not takes.

You failed the test, and here you have been the posting Police all this time. Naughty, Naughty!! I remember a posting wherein you wrote about using spell check and showing your intelligence level. :bash :bash :Koolaid:

You need to get over yourself with this spelling and grammar etc. If we have to be so damn correct, then I might as well just stop posting. I read what was there and understood it, enough said.

18 Sep 2010 06:26 #15 by Nmysys
Well Chief, as long as you can understand it, that's okay. The problem is that there is a difference to those who care about it.

This is a direct result of Wayne's own words about spelling and grammar being a sign of intelligence in a previous posting.

The reason we all moved over from the Slam to this forum is that we are allowed to make replies to this kind of thing. I have had too many instances where Wayne corrected me to let it slide. Turnabout is fair.

Everything from the left is used to blame George Bush. I notice Wayne hasn't responded about his choice of words.

18 Sep 2010 06:31 #16 by outdoor338
Wayne will not, he is good at skipping away... :popcorn:

18 Sep 2010 07:27 #17 by FredHayek

outdoor338 wrote: Nmysys, it will stop when liberal dems are voted out, the first bunch of them will be this November (you can count on it) the next bunch will be 2012, that's when it will stop. As soon as obama is out, we will get a fresh start.

Actually the liberal Dems like Pelosi will keep their seats, but a lot of moderate Dems will be on the unemployment line.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

18 Sep 2010 07:30 #18 by Wayne Harrison

The title was from the article posted on Gallup Polls. Tell them how terribly disappointed you are.

Here's the link, since you obviously didn't click on it the first time:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143024/bush- ... obama.aspx

18 Sep 2010 07:46 #19 by Nmysys
Wayne:

Since you 'obviously' assign the blame to the article vis a vis your posting of the link, and 'obviously' don't notice that when I am confronted on a specific topic, as to whether or not I agree with the points made in whatever I post, let me point out sir, that I do remark as to whether or not I agree partially, fully, or somewhat. Unlike my Liberal friends who always lay the blame on others, we more conservative types do admit our mistakes. I have repeatedly stated that I was also unhappy with George Bush at the end of his Presidency. But this blame game should be over already. It is about time that even the left admits that some responsibility lies on Obama's shoulders for the current state of affairs. Now I see why Outdoor calls you Skippy. Have a great day.

Bush does NOT take the blame, he is given the blame as a lame excuse for not having any defense of your own party. It is as simple as that.

18 Sep 2010 07:52 #20 by Wayne Harrison
I'm actually an independent. I've voted for Republicans and Democrats and third party candidates (I campaigned for Ross Perot), and I voted for Bush the first time, so it's not "my party." I only registered as a Democrat before the last presidential election so I could participate in the caucus (which I did) to try and keep Hillary Clinton from getting the nomination.

What I posted was a non-partisan poll of the American people, which is consistent with a previous poll. As it states in the link:

Bush fares poorly on this measure partly because a relatively high proportion of Republicans -- 48% -- blame him a great deal or moderate amount, as do most Democrats (89%) and independents (73%).

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds