Bush Still Takes Brunt of Blame for Economy vs. Obama

16 Sep 2010 06:44 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Nearly two years into his presidency, 51% of Americans say President Barack Obama bears little to no blame for U.S. economic problems, while 48% assign him a great deal or moderate amount of blame. More Americans now blame Obama than did so a year ago, but a substantially higher percentage, 71%, blame former President George W. Bush.

Bush fares poorly on this measure partly because a relatively high proportion of Republicans -- 48% -- blame him a great deal or moderate amount, as do most Democrats (89%) and independents (73%). By contrast, relatively few Democrats, 19%, blame Obama. These patterns are consistent with Gallup's findings on the same question in April.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143024/Bush- ... Obama.aspx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2010 07:59 #2 by Rockdoc
The blame game. Whoopee doo. It changes little. I've yet to see the economy improve or see positive results from any measures taken thus far.

16 Sep 2010 08:16 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Bush Still Takes Brunt of Blame for Economy vs. Obama

Rockdoc Franz wrote: The blame game. Whoopee doo. It changes little. I've yet to see the economy improve or see positive results from any measures taken thus far.

We'd be in a full blown depression if Obama didn't dump billions into the economy and

"The blame game. Whoopee doo. It changes little."

Next time I go before a judge for anything i'm gonna try that line...I'll let ya know how it goes over

16 Sep 2010 09:07 #4 by outdoor338
wayne, its obama's watch now, you can spin this anyway you want. Nov is not far away, and your liberal pals will be voted out in masses, you know it and I know it..heck, we all know it. I'm sure you will not be on this site after the election, you will be in hiding.

16 Sep 2010 09:43 #5 by Wayne Harrison
I'm not spinning and your matra is getting really old.

I"m quoting (word for word) the findings of a national gallup poll.

You sure enoy telling other people what they think, don't you?

With the Tea Party wins of late, November is looking better and better for Democrats. Yeah, I'll be around after the elections. So will everyone else.

“I’m for the Republican,” Rove said. “But we were looking at eight to nine seats in the Senate. We are now looking at seven to eight in my opinion.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/09 ... z0zhx1ceiR

16 Sep 2010 19:54 #6 by FredHayek
Maybe Republicans are more realistic about our leaders?

Luckily we voted Bush out and Obama so improved things, highest poverty rate since the 1960's!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Sep 2010 07:32 #7 by 2wlady
I have always maintained that presidents have little influence the ups and downs of the economy. If they were so powerful and could do that, we would always have wonderful economies.

17 Sep 2010 08:25 #8 by LadyJazzer
You guys didn't "vote Bush out"...He was term-limited... Get real.

17 Sep 2010 08:47 #9 by FredHayek

Satchmo wrote: I have always maintained that presidents have little influence the ups and downs of the economy. If they were so powerful and could do that, we would always have wonderful economies.

Very true. Presidents do try to influence however, like encouraging the Fed to lower interest rates. Too bad interest rates are already essentially zero and the economy is still stuck.

Sometimes it is just luck about the economy, or the results of previous Congresses. For example, the Great Depression caused by protectionist acts of the legislature.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Sep 2010 15:09 #10 by Nmysys
Wayne:

I am terribly disappointed in your journalism skills. As a contributor to the mainstream media you have a responsibility ( though that has gone by the wayside throughout the mainstream media ) to use proper English. The title should have stated Bush receives brunt, not takes.

You failed the test, and here you have been the posting Police all this time. Naughty, Naughty!! I remember a posting wherein you wrote about using spell check and showing your intelligence level. :bash :bash :Koolaid:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds