Bush Still Takes Brunt of Blame for Economy vs. Obama

18 Sep 2010 14:30 #21 by Nmysys
Wayne:

My point has never been acknowledged by you. The claims that you are an Independent are nice. The fact that you are posting your voting record is only IMHO to make your self feel good. The word I have disputed is TAKES. Please admit that is a poor choice of words!!

I don't really feel like defending George Bush constantly because I am on record as saying I am frustrated at the rhetoric of both sides of the aisle, but the truth of the matter is that this is part of the major problem in this country, constantly trying to put the blame on Bush rather than the responsibility that is essential in the eyes of the American people, and the consequences, which should result in the pendulum swinging back to the Conservative side.

Hopefully, it doesn't swing too far to the right, IMO. That has also proven to be a problem, though not to the extreme point this administration has taken it. Also, just my opinion. I do not ever speak for anyone but myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Sep 2010 19:50 #22 by Wayne Harrison
I posted my political stance and voting record in response to your erroneous statement that the Democratic Party is my party. You said it was the Democrats who blame Bush but the poll clearly shows a large percentage of Republicans blame him, too.

Now, apparently we're down to semantics about the title of the post which you erroneously blamed me for. You'd rather discuss "takes" or "gets" than discuss the actual poll results. I didn't ask you to defend George Bush. I posted the poll because I thought it was interesting that both Democrats and Republicans blame Bush.

You're pissed because I called you out for ripping off someone's work without posting a link or attributing the work to them. So be it.

19 Sep 2010 11:58 #23 by Nmysys
What you apparently didn't understand is that I didn't know how to post giving the credit right until it was pointed out to me. I am not the professional Journalist here, Wayne, you are. I have continually pointed out that I was new to the intellectual debate scene, and if you read my posts, you will find me asking if I am doing it right, trying to learn the proper way.

The game is not semantics at all. The truth is that the constant blaming of Bush instead of acknowledging the fact that Obama has been there long enough to be given the credit or the blame for his actions, and we all know how long the Congress has been controlled by the Democratic Party. But semantics is a part of what your professional career is or should be all about.

19 Sep 2010 12:15 #24 by Wayne Harrison
I don't post as a "professional journalist." I post as myself, an American with the right to give their opinion. The views expressed by me in my posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my employer.

19 Sep 2010 14:44 #25 by Nmysys
Well now, back to the original subject, I was wondering if anyone on this forum has ever been queried by Gallup on one of their polls. I know I have never been contacted by them or anyone else. So apparently my opinion has never been important or considered. I have never given my opinion as to which is the hottest new show to appear on television before it ever came out, nor what my favorite ice cream was, or any other subject, yet every day some new poll shows something or other. I wonder who gets polled on these exciting or interesting issues. I know that if they are done in the urban areas of the country, then, yes, they would reflect more left leaning tendencies, and if in the heartland or even here in the mountains, they might reflect more conservative. So going back and seeing again that it was a Gallup Poll, done in a controlled environment, I imagine that it would reflect whatever they wanted it to reflect.

Meanwhile, it still says 'takes' rather than receives! I just wonder Wayne, if at any time, you, even in your personal posting, and considering that you claim to be an Independent Voter, might consider that word ( semantically) to be the wrong choice of words used by the Gallup poll. You don't want to even address that. Oh well, I suppose I shall drop the issue and go on to something important.

19 Sep 2010 15:00 #26 by Wayne Harrison
I've never been called. How can a poll represent me? http://www.gallup.com/poll/128198/never ... nt-me.aspx

For those interested and have no idea how scientific they are, "How Gallup Polls Work": http://www.gallup.com/poll/101872/how-d ... -work.aspx

Here the polls they've done regarding the Tea Party: http://www.gallup.com/search/default.as ... &i=&s=&p=1

Reporting Pre-Election Tracking Results: http://2010central.gallup.com/

19 Sep 2010 20:35 #27 by Nmysys
Well that sure proves everything to me. We have Gallup saying that Gallup is really a true representation of my views. How convenient that Gallup states they are so wonderful. If you had read any of this before now, you might not have said some of the things you did say about the Tea Party movement in earlier posts, according to Gallup.

Well the world according to Gallup doesn't seem to me to be my world. Sorry, but I am entitled to my opinion as an individual, aren't I?

19 Sep 2010 21:38 #28 by Wayne Harrison
Does this mean you won't be posting any polls since you don't believe in them??

19 Sep 2010 21:43 #29 by Wayne Harrison

Wayne Harrison wrote: Does this mean you won't be posting any polls since you don't believe in them??

BTW, last polling just before election night, 2008, Gallup had Obama 55 McCain 44. Final total was Obama 52 McCain 46. It was well within the plus or minus 4 percent they claim.

20 Sep 2010 10:18 #30 by Nmysys
I don't put a lot of stock in polls, and can't recall ever posting a poll, may be wrong, a poll might have been referred to in one of the articles I have posted. NOTICE Wayne, I said I may be wrong. Unlike you with your pompous responses and avoidance of ever directly answering questions.

If I was to just post a poll, I would also choose to post other polls to compare them to. BTW, just because you can point to one poll being within a margin of error, doesn't make all polls fall within that margin of error.

Direct question for the last time Wayne:

Do you or do you not think the word " takes" in the damn title is a poor choice of words SEMANTICALLY??????????

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds