Senior Who Shot At Men Stealing Trailer Sentenced

27 Sep 2010 13:32 #1 by Travelingirl
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. -- An 81-year-old Wheat Ridge homeowner who was initially charged with attempted murder after police said he shot at two men stealing a trailer from his property was sentenced Friday.

Robert Wallace was given two years of unsupervised probation and he can't own a gun.

Like one of the posters wrote: "completely disarm the old timer and leave him at the mercy of the thugs." :dontget:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2010 13:35 #2 by FredHayek
And the illegal immigrant thieves get to walk so they can go back and steal more next time. Or take his money in a lawsuit.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Sep 2010 13:41 #3 by Travelingirl
Which is why we need to elect people who will enforce our immigration laws!

27 Sep 2010 14:31 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
He shoulda shot the bastards dead.

27 Sep 2010 14:57 #5 by Mtn Gramma

SS109 wrote: And the illegal immigrant thieves get to walk so they can go back and steal more next time. Or take his money in a lawsuit.

Actually they were both charged and jailed. The one who was shot had part of his skull "removed" and last I heard was waiting for surgery to insert a metal plate. He lost the eye through which he was shot also. Not saying this wasn't punishment enough, just saying that they didn't get to walk.

27 Sep 2010 15:09 - 28 Sep 2010 05:08 #6 by outdoor338
Old people, don't mess with them :readp: esp the ones with guns :VeryScared:

27 Sep 2010 16:49 #7 by Nmysys
Who you calling old??????? rofllol

27 Sep 2010 18:17 #8 by Martin Ent Inc
1 day you will be 81 and hopefully you can shoot better than him and you will have No problem.
His only mistake was being a bad shot, nothing beats range time with your weapons.

27 Sep 2010 21:44 #9 by Travelingirl
I'm damn good with a .22! Go ahead...make my day...or not!

27 Sep 2010 22:22 #10 by Rockdoc
It is events like this that leave me baffled and furious. Please explain to me why I can not defend myself from theft? What are you supposed to do, call 911 and watch thieves make off with your few precious possessions, or at worst, kill you if they are inclined to do so. I have a real problem with this. Just for the sake of speculation and fun, what do you think would have happened if the old guy was a black belt karate expert and simply when out there and put the thieves out of their misery? How would they disarm him then? Oh, never mind, they would throw him in jail for defending himself and not becoming a victim. I'm so pleased to know one can not be proactive or even reactive. Apparently we should simply put our heads on the chopping block and tell thieves to go ahead, I have too much and want to share the fruits of my years of labor. Right.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds