Senior Who Shot At Men Stealing Trailer Sentenced

27 Sep 2010 23:53 #11 by Spykster

Martin Ent Inc wrote: 1 day you will be 81 and hopefully you can shoot better than him and you will have No problem.
His only mistake was being a bad shot, nothing beats range time with your weapons.

:thumbsup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Sep 2010 23:56 #12 by Spykster

travelingirl wrote: WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. -- An 81-year-old Wheat Ridge homeowner who was initially charged with attempted murder after police said he shot at two men stealing a trailer from his property was sentenced Friday.

Robert Wallace was given two years of unsupervised probation and he can't own a gun.

Like one of the posters wrote: "completely disarm the old timer and leave him at the mercy of the thugs." :dontget:

You know, if ther trailer was in his house, he wouldn't have been charged ( tuck under garage, or attached garage ). Being that his house is property, and so his his land, they shouldn't have made the distinction. Ironically, these mutts were probably stealing it so they could go back to meheeco...

28 Sep 2010 05:13 #13 by outdoor338
Defending what you own, who you love, and protecting yourself means nothing to some folks. IMHO..you never know who owns a shooting iron and will use it up in these parts. Don't mess with mountain people, if ya wanna get stung :VeryScared:

28 Sep 2010 06:48 #14 by Something the Dog Said

Rockdoc Franz wrote: It is events like this that leave me baffled and furious. Please explain to me why I can not defend myself from theft? What are you supposed to do, call 911 and watch thieves make off with your few precious possessions, or at worst, kill you if they are inclined to do so. I have a real problem with this. Just for the sake of speculation and fun, what do you think would have happened if the old guy was a black belt karate expert and simply when out there and put the thieves out of their misery? How would they disarm him then? Oh, never mind, they would throw him in jail for defending himself and not becoming a victim. I'm so pleased to know one can not be proactive or even reactive. Apparently we should simply put our heads on the chopping block and tell thieves to go ahead, I have too much and want to share the fruits of my years of labor. Right.

This was not a defense against theft. The thieves had already left the property, and were driving up Sheridan when Wallace came running out of his house and shot them in the back as they were driving up the street. There was no "defense" involved, just vigilante justice. Colorado law only allows deadly force in the protection against bodily harm of yourself or someone nearby, or within the confines of your residence.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

28 Sep 2010 08:23 #15 by The Boss

outdoor338 wrote: Defending what you own, who you love, and protecting yourself means nothing to some folks. IMHO..you never know who owns a shooting iron and will use it up in these parts. Don't mess with mountain people, if ya wanna get stung :VeryScared:

You are funny, people around here are wimps with guns. That is why this is news. It would not be news if it happened all the time.

Guns don't protect people, people protect people. In our case all the big talk about needing to protect yourself is replaced by the PCSO and its duties. And yes, when they come, unless they come in your home, you are supposed to do nothing and call the police. We have many employed and do so such that response times are shorter. This is the society we accepted by design, shooting people in general is a sentence to jail, protecting yourself or not.

"Don't mess with mountain people" you mean all the yuppies in their fancy condensed front range neighborhoods posting on message boards. Haha. Anyone who has shot someone in self defense not in war, please post now, flood this forum.

Mountain people are tame at this point, esp here. Don't mess with inner city people with guns, you might just get hurt in stead of getting empty mountain people threats.

You can still be tough, but those that shoot people for little to no reason won't be posting on this board, they will be taking it from behind in jail, is that worth it? No, that is why Mountain people are not a gun threat.

Mountain people are in southern Appalachia and are all but gone. I guess you could include the militant pot growers on the west coast as well. Those are the folks you don't want to mess with.

Am I pissing you off? come shoot me :)

28 Sep 2010 08:33 #16 by Martin Ent Inc
Remeber a cop is always just 10 minutes away+/-.

28 Sep 2010 08:35 #17 by BearMtnHIB

This was not a defense against theft. The thieves had already left the property, and were driving up Sheridan when Wallace came running out of his house and shot them in the back as they were driving up the street.

This is an outright lie.

There has been so much mis-information about this case- mostly from those who are against the right to protect one's own property.

The men stealing his trailer were in his back yard. The shots occured on his property in his back yard as they tried to run him over. The shots were fired in the door of the pickup truck driven by the ilegal's, not in the back as this poster asserts.

And if you think mountain folks are wimps- try stealing somthing from my property. If you dont stop what your doing and submit to arrest - you better hope your family has life insurance payable upon your death.

Colorado law provides every citizen the right to defend his/her property despite what the Jeffco DA thinks.

When seconds count - the sheriff is just minutes away. That's why my insurance company is Ruger.

28 Sep 2010 09:26 #18 by Something the Dog Said

BearMtnHIB wrote:

This was not a defense against theft. The thieves had already left the property, and were driving up Sheridan when Wallace came running out of his house and shot them in the back as they were driving up the street.

This is an outright lie.

There has been so much mis-information about this case- mostly from those who are against the right to protect one's own property.

The men stealing his trailer were in his back yard. The shots occured on his property in his back yard as they tried to run him over. The shots were fired in the door of the pickup truck driven by the ilegal's, not in the back as this poster asserts.

And if you think mountain folks are wimps- try stealing somthing from my property. If you dont stop what your doing and submit to arrest - you better hope your family has life insurance payable upon your death.

Colorado law provides every citizen the right to defend his/her property despite what the Jeffco DA thinks.

When seconds count - the sheriff is just minutes away. That's why my insurance company is Ruger.

You are the absolute liar here. Channel 7 posted the arrest affidavit which clearly states that the thieves were driving down Sheridan away from the house when Wallace ran out of his house and shot at them through the back of the truck as they were driving down the street. Get your facts right before you call someone else a liar.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/downloa ... 236184.pdf

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

28 Sep 2010 09:32 #19 by Martin Ent Inc
I always trust the news channels for unbiased reporting.

28 Sep 2010 09:40 #20 by BearMtnHIB
I just heard the guy on KHOW this morning - it was NOT on sheridan. The media has been spreading lies about this case from the beginning.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds