BP Oil Spill Updates

29 May 2010 16:20 #11 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

WayneHarrison wrote: Yeah, I was wrong. Looking at old updates. BP estimates it could take 3 MONTHS for the relief wells to have an effect.

As I said, look for the nuke option middle of next week if Top Kill doesn't work.

Kent Wells from BP did'mt mention anything like that to me last tuesday?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2010 16:29 #12 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
All I am saying is that sometimes things happen and we can't always have the foresight to see it coming.

29 May 2010 16:44 #13 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: All I am saying is that sometimes things happen and we can't always have the foresight to see it coming.

It's called deregulation sweetheart and the republicans are the deregulators..

29 May 2010 16:56 #14 by Blondie
Replied by Blondie on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote: I've been monitoring this situation for days now so here's an update. BP is drilling two relief wells as we speak. They are drilling through the sand and dirt at the bottom of the ocean. The relief wells are uniquely designed to relieve the pressure on the Deep Horizon.. There is no exact timeline to when these wells will be operational because they have no idea what they will be drilling through. If they hit rock it could possibly take longer, and worst case if they hit granite or solid bedrocks they may not be able to drill through it at all, and they will be forced to abandon the operation completely. Those are our first two possible fixes, the third is what we call the Top Kill method. That is were they mix dirt with water which creates mud. The mud is then pumped down into the leaking well using a series of sophisticated pumps overwhelming the broken well head and eventually stopping the flow of sweet crude into the ocean.

Lets cross our fingers friends, and stay tuned for more updates.

So they are drilling in sand? You are quite the geologic wonder. Dirt and water create mud? I did not know that, :VeryScared:

29 May 2010 16:59 #15 by UNDER MODERATION

Blondie wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: I've been monitoring this situation for days now so here's an update. BP is drilling two relief wells as we speak. They are drilling through the sand and dirt at the bottom of the ocean. The relief wells are uniquely designed to relieve the pressure on the Deep Horizon.. There is no exact timeline to when these wells will be operational because they have no idea what they will be drilling through. If they hit rock it could possibly take longer, and worst case if they hit granite or solid bedrocks they may not be able to drill through it at all, and they will be forced to abandon the operation completely. Those are our first two possible fixes, the third is what we call the Top Kill method. That is were they mix dirt with water which creates mud. The mud is then pumped down into the leaking well using a series of sophisticated pumps overwhelming the broken well head and eventually stopping the flow of sweet crude into the ocean.

Lets cross our fingers friends, and stay tuned for more updates.

So they are drilling in sand? You are quite the geologic wonder. Dirt and water create mud? I did not know that, :VeryScared:

I dumbed it down a little for general consuption

29 May 2010 17:02 #16 by Blondie
Replied by Blondie on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Thanks for that vote of confidence in your audience. Consumption, is that the word you were going for?

29 May 2010 18:33 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Aren't you that guy that said you didn't need spell check?

29 May 2010 18:42 #18 by UNDER MODERATION
I'm watchinmg the Laker game so i'm posting while watching TV...Not even looking..Just pecking away and hitting <enter>

Go Suns

29 May 2010 19:05 #19 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote:

WayneHarrison wrote: Yeah, I was wrong. Looking at old updates. BP estimates it could take 3 MONTHS for the relief wells to have an effect.

As I said, look for the nuke option middle of next week if Top Kill doesn't work.

Kent Wells from BP did'mt mention anything like that to me last tuesday?

Someone else got the same tip I did and there's possibly even worse news:

One prominent energy expert known for predicting the oil price spike of 2008 says sending a small nuclear bomb down the leaking well is "probably the only thing we can do" to stop the leak.

Matt Simmons, founder of energy investment bank Simmons & Company, also says that there is evidence of a second oil leak about five to seven miles from the initial leak that BP has focused on fixing. That second leak, he says, is so large that the initial one is "minor" in comparison. a

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0529/energy ... -oil-leak/

29 May 2010 19:21 #20 by Sunshine Girl
Replied by Sunshine Girl on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

CinnamonGirl wrote: All I am saying is that sometimes things happen and we can't always have the foresight to see it coming.

I think the head honchos were warned what could happen if a huge hurricane hit that region and they CHOSE to ignore it. The monster that Katrina was didn't come out of the blue. It was brewing.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds