BP Oil Spill Updates

01 Jun 2010 09:43 #51 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
It would be fun to see who's prediction is better..The experts or the crack pot's in section 521

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2010 10:16 #52 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Vice Lord wrote: It would be fun to see who's prediction is better..The experts or the crack pot's in section 521

lol You are forgetting one thing. I'm the crack pot sitting in section 521. I'm not on the field with BP. I'm up there watching and thinking. As I said elsewhere. You never know who is in section 521. :woo hoo:

02 Jun 2010 06:45 #53 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Scientists: Oil Will Reach Fla. Beaches Today

Scientists expect that the first sheen of oil to land on Florida's beaches will arrive Wednesday.

[clipsynd:d1ri3sv3] www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/1492297?wpid=8958 [/clipsynd:d1ri3sv3]

02 Jun 2010 07:06 #54 by Rockdoc
Unfortunately, it is degraded oil. Can't make money off of it by collecting it. Where are the microbes that feed on this?

02 Jun 2010 08:11 #55 by Wayne Harrison
Latest news: the saw is now stuck in the riser pipe

SCHRIEVER, La. -- Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen is saying that a saw has become stuck as it was cutting through a pipe on a busted well, stalling the latest attempt to contain the Gulf oil gusher.

Allen said Wednesday the goal is to free the saw and finish the cut later in the day. This is the second major cut in the effort to contain -- not plug -- the nation's worst spill.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/23 ... etail.html

02 Jun 2010 08:15 #56 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

Rockdoc wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: It would be fun to see who's prediction is better..The experts or the crack pot's in section 521

lol You are forgetting one thing. I'm the crack pot sitting in section 521. I'm not on the field with BP. I'm up there watching and thinking. As I said elsewhere. You never know who is in section 521. :woo hoo:

Thanks for the insight, it is nice to have expert knowledge on the board here....
:biggrin:
Again thanks non-crack-pot-rockdoc!!
:Thanks:

02 Jun 2010 09:00 #57 by Wayne Harrison
Here's a video report I just took in on the saw snagging on the pipe:

[clipsynd:263kw6w9] www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/1492678?wpid=8958 [/clipsynd:263kw6w9]

02 Jun 2010 09:01 #58 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Live feed is now showing them manuvering the broken section of riser pipe - fascinating to watch.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

02 Jun 2010 09:10 #59 by Rockdoc
Yes, I read that happened. Evidently there is torque in the pipe. One might anticipate that being the case considering the flow velocity with its associated pressure. I expect they were trying to get a clean cut and thus cutting through is more likely to achieve that than working around the pipe. (Well now that I watched the video, that was indeed what they were attempting. I wonder how they will free it? As with a jammed table saw, the saw must be turned off and then pressure on the ends of the wood make it possible to free the bound blade. They will attempt to do the same thing with the riser. It's one thing to do this on land and quite a feat to accomplish it remotely 5000 feet below the ocean surface. It is amazing.

02 Jun 2010 09:11 #60 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
I would have to think that getting the saw stuck was anticipated.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.337 seconds