BP Oil Spill Updates

29 May 2010 15:00 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
BP Oil Spill Updates was created by UNDER MODERATION
I've been monitoring this situation for days now so here's an update. BP is drilling two relief wells as we speak. They are drilling through the sand and dirt at the bottom of the ocean. The relief wells are uniquely designed to relieve the pressure on the Deep Horizon.. There is no exact timeline to when these wells will be operational because they have no idea what they will be drilling through. If they hit rock it could possibly take longer, and worst case if they hit granite or solid bedrocks they may not be able to drill through it at all, and they will be forced to abandon the operation completely. Those are our first two possible fixes, the third is what we call the Top Kill method. That is were they mix dirt with water which creates mud. The mud is then pumped down into the leaking well using a series of sophisticated pumps overwhelming the broken well head and eventually stopping the flow of sweet crude into the ocean.

Lets cross our fingers friends, and stay tuned for more updates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2010 15:17 #2 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
Let me see if I have this right....

So they're drilling Deepwater Horizon twice, hoping to stop its orgasmic eruptions.

If that doesn't work they're going to the tampon method to stop it from leaking.

29 May 2010 15:28 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic BP Oil Spill Updates

WayneHarrison wrote: Let me see if I have this right....

So they're drilling Deepwater Horizon twice, hoping to stop its orgasmic eruptions.

If that doesn't work they're going to the tampon method to stop it from leaking.

Wayne this is the Courthouse, not the Funhouse. Serious subject here- I don't think too many people with family and friends living on the gulf would find that humorous...

29 May 2010 15:36 #4 by Wayne Harrison
OK, let's be serious. You said the THIRD method is the top kill. It's actually the FIRST method.

And the two relief wells, which you listed as FIRST and SECOND, only the first relief well has been started but it could take weeks.

Watch for the nuke option to possibly be be announced middle of next week. Also watch for BP to be sued out of existence.

29 May 2010 15:51 #5 by UNDER MODERATION
Ah, wrong. The first well is at 10,600 feet and the second is at almost 9000 feet as of today, and we can't sue BP..Bush & Cheany gave give immunity, or at least very limited liability in such disasters...And yes Top Kill is under way..It's a 3 pronged attack

29 May 2010 15:56 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
I have a question.... For all you that thought Bush was a crazy person and got attacked for Katrina. I said that this was unprecedented and we usually learn from this stuff. The hard way.

What is the difference with Obama now. Same thing. Who would have know this could have happened?

29 May 2010 16:01 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Yeah, I was wrong. Looking at old updates. BP estimates it could take 3 MONTHS for the relief wells to have an effect.

As I said, look for the nuke option middle of next week if Top Kill doesn't work.

The difference is Katrina hit a U.S. city and various government agencies (federal, state and local) were responsible for relief and rescue. This blowout happened on a private drilling rig and a company is responsible.

Obama asked the military and various other federal agencies if they had anything capable of shutting down a leak on the sea floor a mile below the surface. No government agency did. The only thing the government can really handle is the beach cleanup.

29 May 2010 16:02 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

CinnamonGirl wrote: I have a question.... For all you that thought Bush was a crazy person and got attacked for Katrina. I said that this was unprecedented and we usually learn from this stuff. The hard way.

What is the difference with Obama now. Same thing. Who would have know this could have happened?

Katrina happened above the ground, and we know how to clean up after hurricanes because we've done it before..Numerous times...CG, are you a republican?

29 May 2010 16:07 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic BP Oil Spill Updates
That is too personal a question. I don't tell people that I don't know very well. LOL

29 May 2010 16:10 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
I can deal with it if you are..

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds