What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America?

06 Oct 2010 15:09 #11 by Grady

SS109 wrote: It would have good & bad effects. I hired painters and carpet people through Home Depot and both crews spoke only rudimentary English.

What's that line"if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem"? There are lots of local painting and flooring companies that do not hire illegals. Yes you might have to pay a little more but the job you save might be one of your neighbors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2010 15:42 #12 by HEARTLESS
To answer the question, it would open a lot of jobs to American citizens, and people here legally. If the market had more jobs than people to fill them, its an employee's market where you could choose from several different options. The little that is spent by the illegals isn't close to equal to what it costs us.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

06 Oct 2010 15:53 #13 by Cadillacokeefe
Here is a link to some facts and figures that may be helpful. It is interesting to me that a lot of the same people that are screaming that 60, 61 & 101 are going to kill jobs and hurt our schools and "the children" are also the ones who are also against stopping illegal immigration AND YET if we stopped the flow of illegals, the state could save 1.4 BILLION dollars, which would more than "pay" for the tax income "losses" that these initiatives will supposedly cause... http://www.fairus.org/site/News2/140571 ... zeXC0VuTw. .

06 Oct 2010 15:55 #14 by Scruffy

HEARTLESS wrote: To answer the question, it would open a lot of jobs to American citizens, and people here legally. If the market had more jobs than people to fill them, its an employee's market where you could choose from several different options. The little that is spent by the illegals isn't close to equal to what it costs us.

I'm not disputing what you say about the cost, Heartless, but I would like to know if there is some data to back up the monetary portion of your post.

Here is where I am disputing part of your post: There is a web site (made famous by Stephen Colbert) that offered to teach Americans how to do jobs that illegal and migrant workers do. In the entire country, only 16 people signed up. I think illegals and migrants do jobs that Americans do not want to do.

Here's the web site: http://www.takeourjobs.org/

06 Oct 2010 16:12 #15 by Nmysys
I find it ludicrous that you find anything that a comedian does, as a valuable resource of any kind. The facts are that Illegal Immigrants are a total drain on our economy and no matter what the argument is, you cannot justify "ILLEGAL" as being okay. It is that simple. They are ILLEGAL and it isn't fair to people who want to apply LEGALLY to immigrate to this country, and it isn't fair to those who have done so in the past.

06 Oct 2010 16:23 #16 by HEARTLESS
Scruffy, just think what happens to the wages for a job that isn't getting enough applicants, they go up or the position remains open. As far as not wanting to do a job because it isn't desirable, its mostly due to poor wages. Regarding the whole migrant worker issue, if we won't fill the jobs, create a bunch of work visa locations to legally help fill the positions.

06 Oct 2010 16:28 #17 by AV8OR
Then maybe somone could make a SCARFACE II?

Say Hello to my little friend!

06 Oct 2010 16:36 #18 by Scruffy

Nmysys wrote: I find it ludicrous that you find anything that a comedian does, as a valuable resource of any kind. The facts are that Illegal Immigrants are a total drain on our economy and no matter what the argument is, you cannot justify "ILLEGAL" as being okay. It is that simple. They are ILLEGAL and it isn't fair to people who want to apply LEGALLY to immigrate to this country, and it isn't fair to those who have done so in the past.

The fact that he is a comedian does not diminish his opinion. Do you not have a quote from Larry the Cable Guy in your signature? If his opinion is not valid, how is it not valid?

I keep hearing people say "They're taking jobs that Americans want!" I'm not seeing any supporting data to back that up. In fact, from that web site, it appears that the opposite is true.

Nowhere do I say that being an person in this country illegally is acceptable. I am questioning what the economic ramifications would be should they leave. Would Americans really fill those jobs for the wages illegals get? Will legal migrants be willing to work for illegal wages? What will happen when 20 million (or 8 million or whatever the current estimate is) leave the country, stop buying gas, stop paying rent, etc? Will prices for commodities rise or decline? Sure there will be things we, as legal citizens, won't have to pay, but what is the bottom line? I'm looking for info.

06 Oct 2010 16:41 #19 by HEARTLESS
When they stop draining our system, wages will be able to go up to hire Americans. Or do you think all these employers will simply choose to go under because they don't want to remain in business?

06 Oct 2010 16:42 #20 by Grady

Nmysys wrote: I find it ludicrous that you find anything that a comedian does, as a valuable resource of any kind.

Remember how many liberals thought Sara Palin actually said she could see Russia from her house, when it was really just a Saturday Night Live, Tina Fey bit. I guess that’s what happens when you get your news from the comedy channel.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds