BEWARE: Local Media & personal ...

18 Oct 2010 21:39 - 19 Oct 2010 11:20 #1 by AV8OR
Folks, if you have anything to do with political beliefs that are not conforming with a certain local publication - BEWARE!

I am trying to not sound like someone that has flown the chicken coop, however, I have received a serious of "email communications" from a certain editor of a local newsprint. He has been demanding, in my opinion, personal information for non-related reasons.

In the interest of protecting my reputation, I am posting a copy of the communication for future use. I will not stand for certain folks to use the media to tarnish my reputation because my political interests do not suit them or their peers.

(start from bottom up)

RECIEVED: Mon 10/18/2010 6:39 PM

Christopher: When you want to provide any proof of your statements below, I'll be happy to take a look at it. Meanwhile, send me a copy of the letter of acknowledgment when you receive it from the OCS, which will provide some proof that a complaint has been filed. I have spoken to Mary Larson and she will neither confirm nor deny a complaint and neither will the PR person.
The only way to get confirmation is through you and the letter you were supposed to have received by now. Wegener should also have received one and he has not. Again, please provide me with your current address and please answer my other, quite simple, questions. Thanks. #### (name omitted by AV8or)

On 10/18/10 11:34 AM, "Christopher H" <Christopher@####.com>
wrote:

>#### (name omitted by AV8or),

It appears that your publication is more interested in digging around
the good folks of this county instead of pursuing the bad actors of
the community.

I have watched you crucify a good lady in the community while you
failed to find out why deputies can not keep their #### (censored by AV8or) in their
pants! Why are commissioners are not listening to the expectations of
the citizens? Why are deputies/swim team coaches making lewd and
lascivious comments and gestures to female students? Why is the school district protecting them?

You and I both know that a certain deputy knocked up more than one
student at PCHS. Why do you give the appearance of being in the
county's back pocket?

STOP TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING ON ME AND DO YOUR JOB! I could care less
what you may or may not find!

Christopher H.

Original Message
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 12:40 PM
To: Christopher H. Subject: Re: PRESS RELEASE:

Thanks, Christopher. Why don't you call them and see why you haven't
gotten the letter and get back to me. I still haven't heard back from
that guy at the OSC. You can go ahead and fax me your faxed copy to them or drop it by.
If you don't live on Bluebird, what's your current physical address
and do you own the home? That seems to be a fair question of a former
commissioner candidate and filer of a public complaint. Also, it seems
that your business name has changed. Is that correct? Thanks. >#### (name omitted by AV8or),

On 10/15/10 10:25 PM, "Christopher H."
<Christopher@####.com>
wrote:

#### (name omitted by AV8or),

As of Thursday, I have not received a response. I have a transmission
report of the fax sent to OSC with their fax number on it. Am I being
questioned on whether I faxed the complaint? You can look on 285Bound for a copy.

I do not live on Bluebird and what would it matter whether I owned
that house or not? Is there some dirt digging going on? Let me know
if we are going to continue being gentlemen or not.

Christopher

Christopher H.>>

Original Message
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 4:14 PM
>> To: Christopher H.
>> Subject: Re: PRESS RELEASE:
>> Importance: High

Christopher: I didn't get a response on my last e-mail. Could you let
me know? I've pasted it below. Thanks. >#### (name omitted by AV8or),
>>
>>
Sent 10/13/10
Chris: We're waiting for some information. I was told by a spokesman
for the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, Darshan Sheth, that you should have
received a letter of acknowledgement of your filing within one week of the filing.
If you have received it, we would like to see the letter to verify that
a complaint was received. Please fax or scan and e-mail that letter
as well as a signed copy of your complaint. There was no signature on the copy
you gave me. Also, is your current address 195 Bluebird Lane and is that a
house you own? Thanks. >#### (name omitted by AV8or),
>>
>>
>>
On 10/12/10 3:49 PM, "Christopher H"
<Christopher@####.com>
wrote:

>>>
>>>
>>>
PRESS RELEASE:
>>>
On Monday, October 4, 2010, contact was initiated with the U.S.
Office of Special Counsel to obtain the protocol for filing a formal
complaint of the 1939 Federal HATCH ACT violation. The complaint which was
subsequently filed on Tuesday, October 5, 2010, alleges that incumbent Sheriff and
candidate Fred Wegener did willfully violate the prohibitive terms
of all officials that receive "federal grants" and/or "federal loans" through various
federal sponsored programs.

The campaign actions by Sheriff Wegener both in a "partisan" party
meeting environment and at various campaign events, go against the original
intentions of the framers of the federal HATCH ACT and the spirit of
fair campaign practices.
>>>
The allegations include Sheriff Fred Wegener campaigning in a "partisan"
party environment while wearing his uniform which included the
public display of his service weapon, Park County Sheriff
credentials (sheriff star), ammunition reserves, among other
authority apparent gear. The complaint alleges several counts of his
violating the HATCH ACT while campaigning and in uniform.
>>>
The intent, among several issues, of the Federal HATCH ACT of 1939,
was to provide a level playing field for all candidates of a particular race.
>>
This is specifically the case for an agency that receives federal funding.
The Park County Sheriff's Office, over several years, has been the recipient
of federal funds from agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security.
The Act prohibits the improper campaigning of someone that had
responsibility in the handling of such funds, whether in whole or part.

Christopher H,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Oct 2010 22:21 #2 by Nobody that matters
Is owning property a requirement for filing the complaint? That would make the ownership question reasonable.

The name of your business is irrelevant to the complaint. But as the person that filed the complaint you have become part of the story. Getting your facts straight would provide more detail in the article.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

18 Oct 2010 22:27 #3 by AV8OR
I am not sure if owning property or having assets with Merrill Lynch, Fenner, Bean and Smith are requirements for filing a federal complaint. Most certainly, my business has NOTHING to do with it.

With regard to the facts in the complaint, each count or event date is factual. So, absent of anything other being material in the complaint, it sounds like you and I are in agreement.

18 Oct 2010 22:38 #4 by Nobody that matters

AV8OR wrote: I am not sure if owning property or having assets with Merrill Lynch, Fenner, Bean and Smith are requirements for filing a federal complaint. Most certainly, my business has NOTHING to do with it.

With regard to the facts in the complaint, each count or event date is factual. So, absent of anything other being material in the complaint, it sounds like you and I are in agreement.

I agree that you can refuse to answer, and I would do just that in your position. The financial questions would torque me off too. However, I don't see the questions as intimidation. If I were writing an article about the complaint I would want details about who filed it, and maybe track down some people that agree with them. I'd also try and get information from PCSO. The more detail, the more well rounded the article would be.

From the line of questioning, I would guess that the writer will be writing an article about you filing the complaint and why. That seems to be the angle chosen. Perhaps the complaint itself and the circumstances causing it would be explored in more depth in future articles?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

18 Oct 2010 22:48 #5 by AV8OR
Perhaps, "intimidation" may be a wrong word. I did get the "impression" that the editor was unhappy with my filing of the complaint and was asking of my financial stature as (in my opinion) a means of getting me to "back off". Of course that is my opinion, but it sures feels like it.

19 Oct 2010 05:56 #6 by V_A
My opinion from reading the email thread - I'm don't work with the Flume

Being Asked Questions
You filed the Hatch charges and posted this information in a public forum. You're being asked follow up questions. If you believe you can file charges and hide under a rock, you live in a fantasy world.

The Flume
You & the Crop members have been very vocal about how the Flume reports and investigates local news. Personally, I find it hilarious that you are being asked questions for a potential story and you are complaining about to much investigate / questions.

Property Ownership
If you are not a property owner, then you don't pay county taxes. (the 1% sales tax doesn't count as a county tax since it goes right to preserving water rights and public service like schools, PCSO)

You have been leading the band in a fight against how the county spends our tax $'s. If you don't pay taxes then what is your beef with how "OUR" taxes are spent?

OCS

The Flume has a very valid question. The OCS process appears to be send an acknowledgment when a compliant is filed. I believe it is a very valid question to request you send a copy.

19 Oct 2010 07:11 #7 by navycpo7

AVs Good Twin wrote: My opinion from reading the email thread - I'm don't work with the Flume

Being Asked Questions
You filed the Hatch charges and posted this information in a public forum. You're being asked follow up questions. If you believe you can file charges and hide under a rock, you live in a fantasy world.

The Flume
You & the Crop members have been very vocal about how the Flume reports and investigates local news. Personally, I find it hilarious that you are being asked questions for a potential story and you are complaining about to much investigate / questions.

Property Ownership
If you are not a property owner, then you don't pay county taxes. (the 1% sales tax doesn't count as a county tax since it goes right to preserving water rights and public service like schools, PCSO)

You have been leading the band in a fight against how the county spends our tax $'s. If you don't pay taxes then what is your beef with how "OUR" taxes are spent?

OCS

The Flume has a very valid question. The OCS process appears to be send an acknowledgment when a compliant is filed. I believe it is a very valid question to request you send a copy.

As one that lives in Park Cty, some of the questions asked has nothing to do with filing with the OCS. They do not need to know personal information to do a story. Not owning a property in the cty also does not mean one cannot be concerned about how things are done or how tax money is spent. The tax rate for the county is 3.9% not 1%. The tax rate within the incorporated towns is different. I don't think they were trying to intimidate but some of what they were asking is really none of their business and is not needed to do a story about this issue.

http://www.parkco.us/FAQ.aspx?QID=56

19 Oct 2010 07:20 #8 by V_A
Navy the 2.9% is the State sales tax and the 1% is the Water tax = 3.9%

My opinion - the person leading the effort / group complaining about how tax $'s are spent should at least be a taxpayer in our county. The only way a person pays taxes in our county is through home or property ownership.

I'm sure some disagree with my opinion.

19 Oct 2010 08:24 - 19 Oct 2010 08:58 #9 by LadyJazzer
Sounds like a certain s**t-stirrer is about to be outed on his lies and attempts at intimidation himself... :biggrin:

19 Oct 2010 08:54 #10 by Beeks
Good or bad, the press can ask anything that they want. And, as you have, you can simply choose to not answer irrelevant questions. As for AV's taypayer status, you can bet that even if he doesn't own his home, the rent that he pays goes toward the property tax bill. Last I heard you didn't need to own property to vote or be elected to office.

One question though......if you're communicating with this guy via e-mail, how does he know it's you? Wasn't that your argument during the "cop with the girl of legal age" episode?

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds